Tanukitsune

Telltale to make Walking Dead and Fables games?

This is some crazy shit. WILL IT EVER STOP?

Though more and more, with each of these new franchises, I'm hoping for a jump up in graphical quality. I know Telltale's whole MO is fast turn-around, not too demanding, etc., but it still is starting to get to me. Especially because some of these latest franchises would benefit from higher fidelity far more than Sam and Max could, I think.

At the VERY LEAST, facial animations need to be improved. That's probably my biggest complaint. ):

Frankly, I think the Back to Future games look better than older TT games?

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person more excited over the Fables games than the Walking Dead ones... :|

Man, must not be any danger of TTG resting on its laurels with Sam and Max.

So this means TTG has:

Bone (?)

Sam and Max

Wallace and Gromit

Monkey Island

Back to the Future

Jurassic Park

Walking Dead

Fables

AND possibly some more?

Frankly, I think the Back to Future games look better than older TT games?

They do. Every new season/series brings graphical improvements, but the facial animations are still ehhh, and at this point the only thing that really stands out to me as a problem.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person more excited over the Fables games than the Walking Dead ones... :|

Nope. I love Fables. :3

I'm not excited about this news, probably because I'm not interested in either franchise.

Still hoping for that original IP, though.

Yeah, about that...

Don't worry, at this rate they'll run out of amazing IPs to make games for in a few years! Then they'll HAVE TO make their own IP! :mock:

I'm sure I'll check out this other new stuff, but I just want more Sam and Max (so long as it's as good as last season).

Man, must not be any danger of TTG resting on its laurels with Sam and Max.

So this means TTG has:

Bone (?)

Sam and Max

Wallace and Gromit

Monkey Island

Back to the Future

Jurassic Park

Walking Dead

Fables

AND possibly some more?

I'm pretty sure their deal with the Bone guy expired. I think he even took the license to someone else.

Could someone tell me what is Walking Dead and Fables about?

I know about both that they are apparently comic book series and Walking Dead already has tv show up and running.

What else is there to know about those?

That the walking dead comic is zomgwtfpwningly good. One of those you stay up reading until 2/3 because you just have to read the next ep. TV series is good too, but the comic really is excellent.

Fables is: fairy tales are real, and live in secrecy in the real world because they got kicked out of their own. Big Bad Wolf is a detective.

It's awesome. Totally the better license of the two. (I love The Walking Dead.)

i guess i can say that @ja2ke and i are the leads on #thewalkingdead series now

Cool! I hope Joe Pinney completes this awesome duo, everything he directed or designed so far has been awesome.

Cool! I hope Joe Pinney completes this awesome duo, everything he directed or designed so far has been awesome.

Joe's the lead designer on Jurassic Park, but he may make an appearance later in tue Walking Dead season.

I haven't read either, but know that my girlfriend is obsessed with the Fables books. She has really good taste in graphic novels, so this makes me really excited for the game adaptation. In short, I'm with you too.

Wow, nice one Jake! Are we allowed to ask questions? Like:

what's the action to adventure ratio going to be?

how much gore will you be able to put on-screen?

I watched and loved the show, cheesy and cliche-ridden though it may have been, but I've always read that the comic isn't all that good. Can anyone here weigh in on how accurate these opinions are and if Kirkman's work is worth checking out?

From my experience with The Walking Dead, it would seem to me that it's character driven enough to work as a straight-up adventure game. Not saying that going with whatever route Telltale's taking with Jurassic Park would be inappropriate either, but zombie attacks don't really take up a large percentage of the narrative based on the TV show.

I've read the first two Fables books. They're good, although not as masterful as the big boys in the graphic novel world. They're on the next tier down though. It's enitely possible that as the long-arc plot comes to the fore in later books it picks up a lot more epic momentum.

(Is there a TV show? is it actually based on the books or does it just share a name?)

The Walking Dead comics weren't amazing. They didn't really do anything different with the zombies, and had a load of cliched characters and siege dynamics. They were okay, though, and I think they're a really good idea for making into a tv show or game series - it gives the opportunity to flesh out the characters a lot more. I can imagine a Telltale version being brilliant, although I think it will have to be a different kind of game to, say, Sam And Max or Bone.

HAhaha it completely slipped my mind that the Walking Dead started out as a comic, so I thought you were talking about a Fables TV show (a nice idea but it would have to be treated differently to Kingdom).

Still haven't seen the Walking Dead show, I'd like to though.

Also, if Pinney joined, it would be a trio, wouldn't it? Seeing that Jake and Famous are already in (very cool! :tup::tup:), thus making a duo.

Still haven't seen the Walking Dead show, I'd like to though.

Yep, me too. Everyone's (still) talking about it.

The comic is better than the show.

x:

That's not even a "THE SHOW DOESN'T STAY TRUE TO THE COMIC!" rip, as I appreciate it when stories change for different mediums, and it's nice to not know everything that's going to happen. I just didn't like the TV show very much, in the end. I wanted to, but I didn't.