Gwardinen

Tabletop RPGs

OK, so first thing to do, Thunder and Epiclairs, is roll up a character - choose a race and class and all the rest of it. It might help to read the campaign wiki so far, since the flavour of some races and classes etc is different. But so far I've managed to fit everything that people have come up with into the world - it's fun being inventive!

In terms of team-work, since Murdoc cannot play at the moment, the part really needs a defender class (a Tank in MMO terms). You can see most other people's characters on the wiki too.

Let me know once you've made a character and put them into the Obsidian Portal character sheet (which can be a bit of a pain I know) then I'll help you onto the next step.

Just going over things via PM with Dan at the moment, as to how we want Dwarves to work. I have a char sheet here also, is there an easy way to import it?

On Obsidian Portal? I'm afraid not. I can help you enter it in though.

On Obsidian Portal? I'm afraid not. I can help you enter it in though.

Yeah sure. Let me know how you feel about that shit in the PM when you get a chance too, I'd love to get my dwarf man ready!

How are you getting on with this lads? Just curious. Do you all set times to play together as a group or is this just going post by post?

How are you getting on with this lads? Just curious. Do you all set times to play together as a group or is this just going post by post?

It's totally asynchronous. I tend to check the forum pretty regularly throughout the day, and if something new has happened I try to make my move that evening (or immediately if it's not complicated).

It's totally asynchronous. I tend to check the forum pretty regularly throughout the day, and if something new has happened I try to make my move that evening (or immediately if it's not complicated).

Sounds cool. I've played a bit of 4.0, and really liked it. Woukd be interested to see you get on down the road.

As DM, I try to post every day; but sometimes I can't post for a couple of days and also at the moment it's spread out over several separate 'prologues'. Hopefully this will train me to a degree where I can post at high volume once the adventure party is all in one place.

Thunderpeel, Epiclairs; post your character summaries here if you can so the other players can weigh in; they have good advice. Then once you've signed up to Obsidian Portal let me know I and I will invite you to the campaign. If there is time you get a prologue, otherwise you will join in at the first meeting of the party.

Would anybody be interested in trying to get together some sort of tabletop rpg game?  Either pbp/asynchronous or using something like Roll20?  I've been watching videos of people playing things like Pathfinder and it makes me wish I had friends that would be willing to play, but they definitely would not.

We (some of us, anyway) tried the asynchronous thing already, and even though it was fun, it seemed like the asynchronous nature led to it slowly fizzling out into nothingness, and it became something of a chore having to read up and remember the game state once a week or whatever. Even though it looks like it's working for a bunch of people (there were a bunch of games going on on the board we used,) it seems like an actual, regular, synchronous thing would maybe work better.

Yes, I agree. I'd love to give it another shot if we could just get together on an afternoon or evening for a few hours.

Im interested in the voice chat idea thing. Never played a tabletop rpg. 

Lets set it up!

Yeah I was originally thinking of synchronous game play (hence mentioning Roll20) , but wasn't sure how timing would work with people, though if it's on the weekend it probably wouldn't be too big of an issue.