Gwardinen

Tabletop RPGs

Sounds cool. I still need to come up with an ironically funny name for my guy.

Alright, I have the first build for my defender, will see how it goes...

Wallace Plankhail, level 1

Half-Goblin (No orcs in Infinite Isles, so we're calling it a goblin) Fighter

Build: Battlerager Fighter

Fighter Talents: Battlerager Vigor

FINAL ABILITY SCORES

Str 17, Con 15, Dex 16, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

Str 15, Con 15, Dex 14, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 10.

AC: 18 Fort: 15 Reflex: 14 Will: 10

HP: 30 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS

Intimidate +7, Endurance +9, Athletics +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS

Acrobatics +3, Arcana, Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering, Heal, History, Insight, Nature, Perception, Religion, Stealth +3, Streetwise, Thievery +3

FEATS

Level 1: Thirst for Battle

POWERS

Fighter at-will 1: Cleave

Fighter at-will 1: Brash Strike

Fighter encounter 1: Covering Attack

Fighter daily 1: Flanking Assault

ITEMS

Scale Armor, Adventurer's Kit, Battleaxe, Light Shield

Backstory: A hooligan, scoundrel, and a cheat; but he all around means well. W. Plankhail is a product of his environment, an inhospitable life on a slave ship in the remotes isles of North Rime. He's killed for money, booze, women, food, a game of chance, some more women, glory, and every other reason that would suddenly suite him and his desires. Adventuring fulfills his his current needs and he knows a good thing when it's been given to him, so he won't be rocking the boat; a lesson he learned the hard way...

I see that 5Shilling (you Dan?), Gwardinen, Murdoc, me and Hermie are in the group so far.

I have also put my character sheet up on that website. :tup: Also, Charlie and Toblix's character who does not have a name yet are traveling together and have a little bit of prior adventuring history together.

Sorry that I'm so slow.

Yeah i'm 5Shilling.

I'm ready to go on the prologues. I'm just umming and ahing about which virtual game board to use. www.pbpmap.com or http://www.myth-weavers.com.

we need:

• dice roller - integrated with posts, ideally.
  • a map that can be both persistent (visible 24/7 without me needing to be online) and real-time.
  • ability to attach DM info to tokens would be nice
  • what else?

Large bottles of Coca-Cola and bags of those yellow greasy, ass-smelling snacks Americans like.

Invisible Castle and Orokos are the most regularly used dice rollers for PBP games that I've seen. I understand Myth-Weavers has a dice rolling system, but I've never used it so can't comment.

Fuck, left the character file on my puter at home, wont reach it until late next week, so I can't input it in Obsidian.

Right! Enough delay. PbPmap have set us up a forum and a map (their map isn't as pretty as some but is easily customised, and it will do. We can try out something else at some point if we feel like it). You might want to find an image to use as your avatar.

Their forums have integrated dice rollers with IDs etc and look well organised.

our forum is at http://www.pbpmap.com/viewforum.php?f=481

So sign up!

The map is not passworded so I'll send each your link privately.

If you've got your character ready then we can go with your individual prologue/practice straight away (or pairs/small group as appropriate).

Okay, so before I make a critical (LOL!) mistake, could you explain how this works together with the Obsidian Portal thing, and should I register on this forum as myself or as my character (which remains unnamed)? I don't want to embarrass myself by making rookie mistakes!

All good questions. I'm kind of feeling it out for myself, so suggestions welcome

Register as yourself. There's out-of character discussion sub-forums and you might need another character in the (mindflayers forbid) case of death.

Obsidian portal I plan to keep using for the wiki, character sheets and geographical maps. But it might turn out we don't need it really.

Oh by the way, for names I am mostly using the Ever-changing Book of Names. I'll post on the wiki which regions use which naming schemes. You might find it handy. It's fun anyway.

Poo had a brilliant idea for my name, but I'll post it in the elite RPG forum instead.

I've signed up for the site, this is my profile there: http://www.pbpmap.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5370

I don't know if you need that to send me the map link or if you're going to do it through here, but either way should work.

My character is up on Obsidian Portal, though I may update it somewhere else if I have to change things often and get sick of its (slightly irritating) system. I have everything for my character set up to start a prologue, I think.

So the prologues will be beginning any moment now. The party is:

Charkaegh "Charlie" Shalestone (PiratePoo)(Barbarian, striker)

Roland McDoland (?)(toblix)(Sorcerer, striker)

Quelan Laerco (Gwardinen)(Wizard, controller)

Wallace Plankhail (Murdoc)(Fighter, defender)

Gimlin Greyhammer (Sombre)(Cleric, leader)

Prototype #6 (Hermie)(Bard, leader)

Can we all confirm? (if you've signed up to pbpmap then I consider that confirmed).

I can fit one, maybe two more players in, if Korax or anyone else that expressed interest is still watching. Make yourselves known now!

Well, are we all done and ready to start this thing?

Yes, sorry I've been rubbish this past week. It seems like there's just the six, but that's OK. Erm I guess I'll message everybody that hasn't posted on the PbP forum.

I'll also start posting the prologues while we wait.

Prologues have begun!

I hope to hear from the rest of the core six players above. Anyone else who expressed interest earlier in the thread, now is your chance (if we have a dropout then I'll approach you in PM).

Well, I suck, I'm going to have to drop out on this. Too much going on to feel up for creative writing and team play.

Sorry guys.

That's a shame. I was looking forward to playing along with you Murdoc. If you feel better at some point later on then I'm sure you can join in "new challenger has appeared" style.

Other folks - we still have room for a small number more. Gwardinen and myself have already started posting. Message me if you would like to as well.

Oh man, I never even knew you already started! Cause I didn't check that website. And over a week ago too! I'm sorry. I'll get right on it.

Now where is Toblix when you need him? Lounging around in that fancy house in the middle of nowhere, I bet.