Tanukitsune

[Sesame Street] I guess we all have to buy a Kinect now...

Not to derail the thread but speaking of kids shows with "no deeper meaning"....

If you can understand Spanish you should really check "Bola de Cristal"

WOW! Now that I see this show as an adult.. it's just so unbelievable! The Count wants you love numbers, but the "Malfunction Which" wants to teach you.... Marxism? It probably wanted us to hate Reagan too...

Now, let's get back to gushing over the game! OK? I didn't want to derail the thread but this talk of kids shows just returned this to my memory and I had to share! Carry on! :tup:

Sesame Street does try to appeal to adults as well, though, so that parents will be more willing to watch it with their kids (hence appearances from Katy Perry, REM etc). The writing and performances are sharp enough that you can find something to enjoy even though it is aimed strictly at pre-schoolers. Hopefully DF will channel that.

Not enough to make me buy it I wager. I just can't see me, a grown man, dancing in front of my TV to Sesame Street music singing my ABCs.

I know it's painful to admit but unless you've got kids I can't see how you could possibly want this particular Double Fine game.

But as I said on Mojo I'm most definitely happy Double Fine got this gig. :tup:

I just can't see me, a grown man, dancing in front of my TV to Sesame Street music singing my ABCs.

Well even Sesame Street can be enjoyable for adults to watch...

shbgRyColvE

HE5RUNGfL_w

1C8nl8eBoq0

And, uh...

YHROHJlU_Ng

But I get your point. The game's graphics do look fun, though.

Oh yeah Sesame Street is excellent don't get me wrong! But I expect the game is going to lean far more towards childish entertainment rather than doubling as entertainment for adults. It might be very amusing for a parent to watch and I kind of wish I had kids so I could, but I can't see me playing it. ;(

Oh yeah Sesame Street is excellent don't get me wrong! But I expect the game is going to lean far more towards childish entertainment rather than doubling as entertainment for adults. It might be very amusing for a parent to watch and I kind of wish I had kids so I could, but I can't see me playing it. ;(

Yep. I know what you mean...

Hey! Remember this?

double_fine_xmas.jpg

Everyone was trying to guess if the other box's wrapping paper gave clues to the then unknown games (Double Fine said they were producing four games -- two were known at the time).

Looks like the box on the left did hold a clue afterall... So what's going to be in the box on the right? (It looks like razor wire/barbed wire to me... Some war game?)

This week on Top Chef they had to make cookies for Cookie Monster and Elmo... I had a good laugh watching it :clap:

So, the game is an Amnesia Fortnight project; but it's not Ron Gilbert's : Nathan Martz - Lead Programmer on Brütal Legend - is the Project Lead on this one. (he was already announced as one in 2010)

Hey! Remember this?

double_fine_xmas.jpg

Everyone was trying to guess if the other box's wrapping paper gave clues to the then unknown games (Double Fine said they were producing four games -- two were known at the time).

Looks like the box on the left did hold a clue afterall... So what's going to be in the box on the right? (It looks like razor wire/barbed wire to me... Some war game?)

some war game indeed!!

Not strictly Sesame Street... but damned funny, none-the-less.

Kr9_5uZn6ds

Ah I just noticed you posted this. I love this video. It's really cool that the makers of Sesame Street are comfortable enough with their brand to throw outtakes like this up on Youtube for older people to laugh at.