Jake

PAX East 2011?

Who is going to PAX East? I know a handful of Thumbs will be there.

Sean (Famous Vanaman) and I are doing a panel with a couple other Telltale guys, about Poker Night. It's called "The Citizen Kane of Poker Games," at 3pm, Sunday in the Wyvern theater. So, that's happening.

There aren't any formal plans for a Thumbs get-together, but there could easily be informal plans for one. (Hint!)

I was going to, but I'm having to skip and go to the next PAX Prime. Bollocks.

UK and European people! They did make a survey to gauge interest in a London PAX, so I think you will be well served clicking on this link.

Damn I completely forgot to buy the tickets... and now the 3-day passes are gone :(. I'm going Sunday for the panel at least!

I'll be there and would be up for informal meet. Though does that mean we'll go to a louder and even more crowded bar then we did last year? :) Well maybe this time around they'll know what PAX is.

It sucks that it won't be at Hynes anymore, it was very easy to get there from where I work... but at least it seems that it's a bigger venue, so here's hoping that we can ACTUALLY get in and watch the panels.

Will PAX panels involving Thumbs always be located in places named after mythological creatures? First the Wolfman theater, now the Wyvern Theater...

I have filled in the questionnaire about Pax UK. Amusingly, when prodded for my age I unhesitatingly put down 23, a cool four years off the mark. I guess in my head I'm still 23 :getmecoat

I have filled in the questionnaire about Pax UK. Amusingly, when prodded for my age I unhesitatingly put down 23, a cool four years off the mark. I guess in my head I'm still 23 :getmecoat

Child at heart; crotchety old video game man at keyboard? :grin:

So I think I might go to this, depending on prices from Heathrow to Boston, and a place to stay for cheap.

If anyone wants to plan a meet-up please do and we will promote it on the tweets/blog/etc. I don't think any of us has the mental energy available to put it together this year but a Thumbs get-together would be fun/rad/:tup:.

If anyone wants to plan a meet-up please do and we will promote it on the tweets/blog/etc. I don't think any of us has the mental energy available to put it together this year but a Thumbs get-together would be fun/rad/:tup:.

Fine then, party at Chris's place all weekend long. Spread the word!

I'm working on reserving some tables at the bar in Westin, the hotel connected to the convention center. I said 10-20 people will be showing up, so hopefully that's correct. I was thinking of having it on Saturday night right after the main hall closes. Sounds good? I'll give a full formal post once I finalize the details and the Idle Thumb machine can spread the word.

When: Saturday March 12 at 6:30

Where: City Bar in the Westin, which is next to the convention center.

Address: 425 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02210

Who: Me and hopefully you!

I figure we can all meet around 6:15, after the main hall closes, and walk over there as a group. We can all meet up at the north entrance and go from there.

I hope to see you guys there.

Jake, Chris, or any other Thumb: Would you kindly spread the word to promote this?

Oh, also, I'm bringing Schaufenster to PAX, which is a card game that I suspect was a precursor to Weinhandler. Perhaps we can play a game!

When: Saturday March 12 at 6:30

Where: City Bar in the Westin, which is next to the convention center.

Address: 425 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02210

Who: Me and hopefully you!

I figure we can all meet around 6:15, after the main hall closes, and walk over there as a group. We can all meet up at the north entrance and go from there.

I hope to see you guys there.

Jake, Chris, or any other Thumb: Would you kindly spread the word to promote this?

This is the worst but is it AT ALL possible to move this to Friday? If not, that's cool, but Chris can't make it on Saturday evening.

Let me know! Thanks/sorry.