Sign in to follow this  
illeria

Magicka: The Wizards Thumb

How about we start up a weekly Magicka night (afternoons for us North Americans)?

I was thinking Sundays to replace Left for Dead. Who's would be interested in this.

I would certainly be. I actually threw the idea of getting the 'gang' back together this week at Hermie, but his sister had hijacked his account, so that didn't go anywhere.

So yes, sometime Saturdays would be fine.

Not sure what the usual time was for L4D, but any is good for me. Not sure if anyone here has administrator access to the steam group to put up a notice, but we should probably go ahead and do that for next sunday.

Not sure what the usual time was for L4D, but any is good for me. Not sure if anyone here has administrator access to the steam group to put up a notice, but we should probably go ahead and do that for next sunday.

There are a lot of people who have admin access, but not many of them are actually active in the community. If an admin could set up these events for us, that would be sweet. As far as what time the games start, I have no idea because everyone timezones are so different. For me, the games started at 1pm. I believe its started at 8pm for the majority of the thumbs.

So 2000GMT, 3pm Eastern. Sounds fine to me. Toblix and Wrestlevania have admin access, so if that's a good time then I'll send Wrestle a message.

Who should I adminify in the Thumbs group?

Possibly me? I'm really interested in getting these community multiplayer events up and running again. Also, Patters should get admin (if he wants it). He has been doing a pretty good job of getting games together.

Will there be room for amateurs in this, or is it for hard-core magickians only?

Yeah, I've been away all week, but I'm on my way back to my puter soon!

Toblix: Nobody is hardcore pro bros at Magicka, it's all about chaos and accidentally blowing each other up, so everyone should feel free to join.

Possibly me? I'm really interested in getting these community multiplayer events up and running again. Also, Patters should get admin (if he wants it). He has been doing a pretty good job of getting games together.

Sure, that would work.

Ok after playing a bit of this game solo, I need to start playing it co-op. Anybody have any plans to play soon?

that's Top Gear time :/

Monday morning is Top Gear time, after my torrent has finished downloading :eyebrow:

BBC America is such a joke. we get the episodes weeks or months after they air, cut down to 45 minutes so they can cram commercials in.

So uh, Magicka.

I was messing around with the Idle Thumbs group page on Steam, and I noticed there was a chat room (nobody was in it), so I clicked on it and there's an option to start voice chat.

Anyone know if this is group voice - something we could use in lieu of Skype, etc.?

it looks like if you start a private chat, you can then invite people from your list, and voice chat there too.

although all my mics are still either xlr or xbox sized, which doesn't help me much. i think skype is easier

Edited by a purple future

Ye Gods, Steam voice chat is an absolute monstrosity.

The latest beta made it much better.