Ben X

AWESOME time-killing sites with huge archives of gold

Heh, I suppose you could call me a... chum?

Really? I followed him (and the rest of the gang, Stu Campbell, etc.) from Your Sinclair to Amiga Power. Then to AP2. But then I lost touch. Are you a real-life chum, an online chum, or a reader-type chum? Lol. (I know he uses the word "chum" a lot :))

I wish he was reviewing XBLA games or something.

A combo of columns A and B for a slosh over 10 years, if my Mayan calendar can be believed. Also, ladies do not sit in trees and tell tales.

Anyhap, I'm quite ashamed that I've completely derailed this thread and I really didn't intend to at the outset, so I'll have to refer y'all to the gent himself (JN at orsomething.co.uk - I can assure you he does not always have people killed just for e-mailing him).

Derailing threads is sometimes forgiven, and in this case, dammit, I'm pushing for it (if only briefly).

One thing I've noticed about JN is that he seems to seriously hate having his picture taken. There were only a few photos of him published in Your Sinclair and AP, and in the "Making of" of the radio show he did, Mil Millington claims he's never actually met him. Do you reckon that's true?

Have you ever met him?

Have you ever met him?

In fact, I haOH NO I'VE FALLEN DOWN AN 85-STOREY FLIGHT OF STAIRS.

Thanks! I'll bookmark it! Are all these from SA "goons"? I see Deceased Crab was

listed there, he's my favorite Let's Player!

I believe the entirety of the LPA is Goon-associated.

There are usually plenty of LPs going in the Gaming section of SA, which, IIRC, you can access without an account. It's the Archives that you'll have trouble accessing without paying 20 smackers, which is where the LPA comes in.

Things on the LPA I'd recommend:

Thief 1

Boatmurdered (Wot got me into Dwarf Fortress originally)

I believe there's a really good Deus Ex one on there.

There's also a really good Dominions 3 LP going (it may have finished by now) in the main Gaming forum of SA, that got me into that game. Good TBS turn-by-turn analysis.