Sign in to follow this  
illeria

Wheres all the multiplayer networking gone?

Over the past while I've noticed that there has virtually been no multiplayer games going on. We used to have weekly games of GTA IV, L4D2, and a few others. I would really like to start a few weekly games. I realize there is a DoW II expansion in the near future so I can only assume there will be at least a few of us playing.

So does anyone have any suggestions of what else we can play?

possibly Migicka, Red Dead, Tf2, or even FUCKING FARM SIMULATOR 2011??

To show how serious I am, here is a video. Just replace "rum" with "thumb"

(you would be correct in assuming I'm far to lazy to figure out how to imbed a youtube video)

It would be great to get some mother fucking games going, I miss most of you (except Patters. Fuck Patters)

I've missed Forza a bunch, actually just tweeted about it to try and get it back, if there is any interest put it in here.

The greatest detriment to my taking part in these things is my lack of a home internet connection. Otherwise, yeah I totally miss the games. It would be nice to get things going again, but I need to get the infrastructure first. I would be happy to get in on Magicka, DoWII (and want to get the expansion), GTAIV (360 or PC), Dirt 2 PC, etc etc etc, but have to get around to that internet thing. Hopefully something will start up and then I'll be able to tag in late.

Games I'm definitely up for playing: Magicka, Minecraft (get back on you bastards), RDR (especially with the MP expansions), Forza 3, Battlefield 1943, BF: BC2: Vietnam (xbox), Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (xbox).

Games I'm definitely up for playing: Magicka, Minecraft (get back on you bastards), RDR (especially with the MP expansions), Forza 3, Battlefield 1943, BF: BC2: Vietnam (xbox), Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (xbox).

Looks like Forza may be happening on Wednesdays.

How about Magicka on Sundays? to replace L4d2?

RDR or battlefield would be great on Tuesdays or Thursdays.

I, personally, would love if we got some DoW on. I've been meaning to play that a bit more in depth for aaages.

I, personally, would love if we got some DoW on. I've been meaning to play that a bit more in depth for aaages.

As have I sir. I would fucking love to play a bit.

The greatest detriment to my taking part in these things is my lack of a home internet connection.

For me it's the fact that I moved. I'm sharing a flat with a friend, and I feel a bit uncomfortable hogging the TV for multiplayer. I could potentially play some PC multiplayer, but I feel a bit antisocial if I lock myself away in my room. Then again, I did spend most of the weekend finishing Arkham Asylum on my PC, so I suppose I don't mind too much.

I also got thoroughly burnt-out on L4D. I think at some point I started to become a total downer whenever anyone convinced me to play. Sorry about that!

Anyway, I'll try to remember to keep an eye on this forum for stuff I'm interested in again. Most of you guys are at least a little bit cool.

Edited by JamesM

Sorry, been out of gaming for a looong time now it seems. :lame

So I haven't been pushing along Idle Thumbs network sessions for months now. :extralame

Last week's Forza session was the usual laughter riot of yore, however, so I'm hoping I can start making some time for gaming again. I'll try to add more stuff to the Steam calendar in future (is anyone using this?).

I'm so sorry I can't join you. Last couple of months were fulled with work and I couldn't get any(almost) gaming at all. Probably will be this way for the next couple of months, but I wanted you to know I'm not dead(yet).

Due to the return of Formula Thumb and the potential return of Left 4 Thumb, I thought I'd revive this with a list of games I'd like to play with some people here.

Formula Thumb - FM3 is one of my favorite games ever, and with FM4 coming out this year, no reason to stop anytime soon.

TF2 - gotten back into this after a long long time away. It's free now, and apparently none of the crap that covers the menu even matters anyway, so it'd be a good time for new people to jump in.

Minecraft - we just got a new server, come build on it, or give me ideas.

Left 4 Thumbs 2 - I've only ever finished the first campaign; it'd be nice to play through with some other people who're new to the game/veterans who want to go east/toy with us.

Magicka - Haven't made it past the first chapter due to all the network problems from when it launched.

Trenched - just for North Americans for the time being, but going through and getting golds with everybody would be fun.

Shogun 2 - I'd enjoy playing some online battles with/against people or maybe even walking through someone through a coop campaign if they want to get into the Total War series (this is definitely the best one to do it).

Old multiplayer sessions/some ideas:

DoW

GTAIV

Arma II Free to Play

Red Dead Redemption

new Magic: Duel of the Planeswalkers 2012?

My hopes are to organize/spur stuff so more people will participate. I'm thinking maybe biweekly TF2 sessions, Forza, Magicka, and L4D2 probably have the widest base/most potential to happen with some regularity.

i'll play magicka with someone. although the last time i played it was a week after it was released so i'm basically a noob.

i feel like that's appropriate for that game though.

The only reason I never got much into TF2 in the first place was lack of a group to play it with, so that might interest me.

As for Left 4 Dead 2, since a couple of my friends have been complaining they have no idea what to get me for my upcoming birthday, I'm going to mention it being on sale for the next few hours to them and see if they're interested in gifting it to me. If they're not I may well get it myself while it's cheap.

I'd defo be up for some multiplayer with fellow thumbs.

I've got Magicka, L4D 1 or 2, TF2 and DoW II (got all 3 campaigns now). I'm pretty much set for gaming :D

Let me know when and I'll try to make arrangements to be available on given days.

I should probably actually play some Magicka sometime. I did a bit of the versus the other day, and it seemed to be something similar to fun. And I have other games. But I'm pretty terrible when it comes to actually turning up for things.

I've been back into the TF2 lately too, so if Thumbs were up for it I'd jump in for sure.

This is a server owned by a website that I'm maybe-currently-maybe-not associated with: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/68.232.164.11:27015/

I don't know exactly how it's set up at the moment but it is theoretically possible I might be able to get admin privileges if we ended up using it so I could see about making it worthwhile.

Also, I did get Left 4 Dead 2 after all so if a few of you feel like playing that any time soon I would definitely be up for it!

Well if we ignore spam bots posting on 2 month old threads, I haven't really noticed enough of the multiplayer stuff coming back (bar Minecraft and Neptune's Pride/ that other one that I've conveniantley forgotten the name of) but I'm definitley in for most of it.

TF2

Magicka

Dawn of War

Anything that's free

All sounds good to me :tup:

On the PC, I can play:

DoW

DoW II

Minecraft

TF2

CS:S (Would anyone here care about CS at all?)

Civ IV

Xbox:

Halo, etc.

GoW 1, 2

CoD 4, WaW, MW2