Orv

*Face-palm* (Bulletstorm)

Edit: I'm not sure if Walker's really doing the right thing by relying so heavily on the it-doesn't-mention-video games-so-it's-not-relevant tactic. Paradoxically, a lot of these anti-Video game violence pundits rest their claim in part on the notion that games can have an impact on people just like other mediums. I guess he's just speaking to what he knows, but it's a far stronger argument to show how a paper linking film deceptions of violence to real world violence is bogus than to gloss over it entirely. Hell, some of these are old enough that the rebuttals are probably already out there.

I thought so too, but I realized eventually that he seems to only be attacking the statement that "violent video games causes rapes". Seems like a lot of research for only disproving that single claim, when he could have spent more time saying what the sources actually do say. Still, a very well written piece, and all games writers should try to be more like RPS.

Walker's already going beyond the call of duty. He only needs to disprove "naughty words in violent video games causes rape". After all, Bulletstorm has zero sexual content. The claim is that using the words "facial" and "gangbang" as puns will cause players to rape women.

Speaking of bulletstorm.

Is it just me or does the limited edition really suck? You only get some crappy virtual items? I'm not going to pay 10 euros for that.

Man, you guys are being Negative Nellies. As soon as I wake up later today, I plan on wandering down to my local gamery and procuring a copy of this undoubtedly fine product.

No, not today. I normally schedule my stalkings for Thursdays, to avoid the weekly Tuesday game releases. Even if there's nothing coming out that interests me, I find that these sort of things are best when you maintain some sort of regularity.

I played the demo, it wasn't strikingly impressive. Will prolly let it pass. I only have time to play the odd game now really, so have to choose them carefully. As a result, this is a 'meh'. Brink, on the other hand,

Be that as it may, it could turn into a right tussle with Fox. Will be interesting to watch.

I'm loving it so far. It's got a great sense of humor beyond the excessive profanity. The only problem is that now I'm feeling this odd compulsion to commit sexual crimes. Well, more than usual, at least.

Eurogamer gave it a 9.

Really want it but I am moving and don't want to spend more money right now.

argh... too many spoilers in that movie...

They could have used a bit more of synonyms for dick. Just like Spartacus could have used some variety on the term cock.

Played it a bunch. I went in pretty much blank, although I did think I was not gonna like it, and was really impressed by the time I got done playing. The art direction is terrific and the world is very nicely realized. Really well executed on pretty much all fronts. Loved it. :D

Just finished Act 1. The game is really intense, and in general not frustrating. So far it's :tup:

Been playing Bulletstorm and it is a massive disappointment in the single player campaign.

I am hoping that the 'Echoes' sections are going to redeem it. The Echoes sections are supposed to be score attacks in the same vein as 'The Club', if they are as good as 'The Club' then I might forgive the poor campaign that, so far, has felt pretty generic (a sci-fi version of Call of Duty) and linear. The combos and skill shots don't feel well implemented and the excuse they give for them existing is just hilarious.

It is quite a nice looking game but, in the same way that CoD does it I never feel like I am doing very much in the way of gameplay.

Also on X360 the aim assist is verging on abusive to the player.