Orv

*Face-palm* (Bulletstorm)

It's Faux News.... they'd say Cute Overload is a den for pedophile furries (it has underage naked pets! SHOCK!) just to scare people and get up in the ratings...

That's the reason America loves "scare" news so much now, right? To keep them glued to TV?:erm:

Anyhoo, Fox News thinks this game's writing is worse than I do, but it's probably still really dumb. It won't cause rape, but if I hear "dick-tits" again while being asked to buy their game, I might punch someone.

Everything about the presentation and marketing of the game is sickening, but the actual gameplay looks enjoyable, it's quite the quandary.

As for Fox, is anyone honestly surprised? You almost have to admire just how far they can bend facts.

I want to play the shit out of rape this game! (?)

No, but really, I want to play it. It's awesome. I laugh at dick and fart jokes. I don't give a shit!

I think the real question is: Will Bulletstorm rape you though a hole? (--foxnewx.com)

Well, I expect this sort of stuff from FOX, but it's still amusing.

As for the game itself, it doesn't look that appealing.

Ooph, tell me about it. Kids being inspired by sexual content in media to perform acts of deviancy? I once read the story of Sodom and Gomorrah and proceeded to rape an entire city! That wasn't my finest moment, but it's understandable how this stuff happens.

I think this RPS comment sums it up best.

"What a bunch of vultures, preying on the misinformed and easily shocked. It’s just straight up lies. I’ve- MUST RAPE REPUBLICANS- actually played games like Postal (unfortunately) and to say crap like that is just ludicrous."

If you're a lowly Xbox gamer like me, you can download the Bulletstorm demo, see that it's unexceptional, and delete it—all in one evening!

I have no desire to click on whatever the above manufactured controversy might be.

...download the Bulletstorm demo, see that it's unexceptional...

Meanwhile, over in Rock, Paper, Shotgun land, Quintin Smith extolls the co-op Anarchy mode that the demo doesn't show off at all.

You're supposed to use teamwork to rack up combo kills!

Meanwhile, the computer controlled teammates of the demo never once assisted me in a kill. Once fighting broke out they were often on a separate part of the map entirely.

So I was obviously doing something wrong.

If you're a lowly Xbox gamer like me, you can download the Bulletstorm demo, see that it's unexceptional, and delete it—all in one evening!

Agreed. I found a little bit of pleasure in discovering the different kills but so much hype has been made out of them and there are way fewer than I thought there'd be. Once you put a grenade up a dude's butthole a few times, it gets old.

The co-op footage shown off in the trailer looks like more fun, but it's still the same handful of moves shared amongst friends. I thought the combos would be much more dynamic.

It's not terrible, but not special either. Unexceptional is a good way to put it.

Hah, I think they only formulate this misinformation to purposefully make their audience more angry and xenophobic. I'm not sure if it actually matters how factually correct it is or not.

The "Duty Calls" demo/mock fails to install. Is it worth it to still bother with trying to get it running somehow or is it just a few minutes long joke on Call of Duty and other shooters?

The "Duty Calls" demo/mock fails to install. Is it worth it to still bother with trying to get it running somehow or is it just a few minutes long joke on Call of Duty and other shooters?

Not really, the video shows you exactly the same you'd see in the game... it's not even a real game... the enemies don't even shoot you!:erm:

The latter. Although I found it quite funny (honestly, the only appealing thing about Bulletstorm I've yet encountered) I'm sure a 5 minute youtube video would suffice to get the whole thing across without a 700 meg install.

Arthur Gies was saying that Bulletstorm actually manages to... kinda justify the superfluous ridiculous language to some extent, for whatever that's worth. Honestly, the only thing that I'm feeling nowadays is that a shooter has to be pretty good for me to run out and check it out. I'm feeling worn out on the shooters, nowadays.

Oh man, Lieberman cited Craig A. Anderson? Dude once argued that video games increased a person's "aggression" on the same order of magnitude as gang membership.

The paper specifically cited by Lieberman measured aggression "using noise blasts, electric shocks, or hot sauce given to an ostensible partner (in the last case, the partner is known to hate spicy food.)" Doesn't quite seem applicable to the conclusions they give to the tabloid media that violent games lead to real-world violence...

Edit: I'm not sure if Walker's really doing the right thing by relying so heavily on the it-doesn't-mention-video games-so-it's-not-relevant tactic. Paradoxically, a lot of these anti-Video game violence pundits rest their claim in part on the notion that games can have an impact on people just like other mediums. I guess he's just speaking to what he knows, but it's a far stronger argument to show how a paper linking film deceptions of violence to real world violence is bogus than to gloss over it entirely. Hell, some of these are old enough that the rebuttals are probably already out there.

Edited by Noyb

Sixty bucks on Steam.

Will not buy.

):

Buy it from online retailers; they are usually cheaper than Steam (unless there's a Steam sale).

Buy it from online retailers; they are usually cheaper than Steam (unless there's a Steam sale).

Well, I wasn't planning to buy it day one, anyway. Was gonna wait a few weeks, or a month, until I had some more free time. It also uses GFWL, which I've had problems with in the past. So, I'll wait for a sweet sale, if it happens.