Tanukitsune

"Auntie Pixelante" VS. Jim Sterling... MisandryVs. misogyny?

You do know Anna Anthopy is transgendered, right? I'm not sure what's the proper term to call her... him? She IS a male, I've seen her broadcast live and she/he has a male body... she just thinks she should have been born with a female body...

I don't think anyone fully cleared this up for you, so I wanted to pop in and help. If someone wishes to identify as female, then you use the feminine pronoun. If Anna wishes to be or be thought of as a woman, then she is a she, and that's that. Her bodily appearance doesn't enter into it.

It's pretty rude to go against this, though I can sorta see the confusion if you haven't dealt with/thought about transgender issues much.

Btw, I think a good rule of thumb when referring to transgender people is to go with whatever they identify as. If Anna identifies as a woman, it's proper to refer to her as such, regardless of whether she's pre-op, post-op or whatever.

Now you people are just coming up with excuses to keep this thread going.

But this is Jim Sterling, he's an "equal opportunist hater" and will make crass jokes about anything...

Sorry, I don't buy it. An "equal opportunist hater" is just a common excuse for someone to disguise the fact that they're prejudice... In fact, I can't think of anyone who has ever truly fallen into that category. Does he attack gamers? Does he attack ranting game-reviewers? Does he attack people who like to hear someone angrily whine and bitch about things?

Edit: I haven't actually read anything in this thread other than the first post, so if this has already been covered and is about to die, please ignore me.

I only came here because Vimes made such a fuss about it.