Sully907

Dark Souls(Demon's Souls successor)

for me it was, though I pretty consistently tried to be fastrolling, so I was paying attention to it a lot.

I was also always fastrolling, so I don't have that excuse.

I have 179 hours on Dark Souls, and I just figured this out. Equipment in slots you're not currently wielding counts towards equipment load. If you're currently two-handing your slot 1 sword, then your encumberance counts your slot 1 sword, slot 2 sword, slot 1 shield and slot 2 shield.

Am I the only one this slow? Was the system obvious to everyone else?

It took me a while to notice, but I did. I was paying close attention to my encumbrance, though.

Man I don't think I would ever try to permadeath DS just because of Bed of Chaos...

Oh BoC is super easy to cheese. Easy mode involves sniping the sides with arrows, and in can't lose mode, all you have to do is stand in the right spot in the middle of the map and lob firebombs (there don't seem to be clipping planes to block them like you'd expect).

I've found that many of the bosses are quite safe. Just run away from Gaping Dragon until it does the charge attack which leaves it exposed for about ten seconds of beatings, Quelag won't hit you if you circle-strafe and only attack from the sides... playing defenseively and waiting for an opening is a shockingly strong technique.

Well you probably wouldn't even fight Gaping unless you wanted to do an all-boss version of the run. I should look into those BoC 'sploits, because without that it's kinda RNG whether you get wax on'd into a pit

I was a little disappointed that they announced Dark Souls 3 so soon after Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne but wow! The way they seem to be merging Dark Souls and Bloodborne is super appealing to me.

Is it weird that I kind of hope the whole game takes place in that city section? The best parts of all the Dark Souls games and Bloodborne for me are the city sections and I kind of want a whole game of just that. Not that I didn't like the other sections in those game but I really feel that more urban areas are were those games really shine.

Huh, did it look to anyone else like they were pulling a lot of things from both of the previous games? Like in environments I thought I saw both Sinner's Rise and The Painted World, and one of the monsters crawling around looked like it was wearing Smough's armor. Kind of intriguing.

They're never even going to make it up a single ladder, let alone the tens if not hundreds they'll need to beat the game.

18 hours in and they're not out if the asylum. They're barely able to open the door!

This is pure insanity.

They've equipped the darksign and continually destroy all their progress, which is pretty much the best.

I saw that and I let out a loud HA. Sadly, that HA came out when I was in a public toilet at a coffee shop and it was probably loud enough that people in the shop heard me.

I'm going to follow this on and off.

I can understand Twitch Plays Pokémon, but this just seems crazy. A 3D game is far too complex for random inputs to work. 

I don't get it. 

Doing something that's so improbable as to be functionally impossible? That's kinda how Dark Souls is fetishized on the internet, even if it's not really true. Also, good for a laugh.

I can't watch it. It's like when a friend who's never played a game before is trying one. I just want to take the controller away and say "NO, this is how you do it."