Sully907

Dark Souls(Demon's Souls successor)

Beat 2-3 and 3-3 offline and took care of their white world tendency events. That leaves me with just 4-2, 4-3, 5-2, 5-3, 1-3, and 1-4.

Wow, so Dark Souls is now over for me.

Ceaseless Discharge became a war of attrition with him losing as a result of not being able to regen health. I stomped through all the bosses and I ahve to say that the final boss in that area was the weakest one in the game. It stood in stark contrast with the rest of the game that was so good.

The four kings were interesting, because I really struggled for ages until I realised that there is a really easy way to kill them and it goes against everything you would normally expect.

The final stage is breathtaking to look at, the image it evokes of how all of this came to pass is perfect. It was icing on the cake to be invaded by a guy dressed in full knight garb (not sure if it was an NPC or not but I don't think so) fight me in there and then kill him.

Phenomenal last fight, loved taking down Gwyn as it was with very mixed feelings that I won.

Does anyone have anymore info on the Pyromancer that you rescue in the Depths? Some kind of story played out at the end and I don't want to go into detail but it left me intrigued into what the backstory was between him and the other swamp Pyromancer.

Also, that Plague of Gripes guy gets everywhere, it seems impossible to escape him.

There isn't much of a back story to Laurentius.

He's just a run-of-the-mill pyromancer who ends up dying in the swamp if you tell him where to get chaos pyromancy.

You can check out more about him and some of the other less notable Firelink characters in

. And the full playlist is pretty good for moody Dark Souls lore.

Also Ceaseless Discharge is the easiest boss in the game if you know the somewhat secret way of beating him. 

If you lure him back to the start of his area then he'll try to jump at you but he'll most likely miss and end up hanging from the ledge. Then you just beat on his arm until he falls down and dies.

That's disappointing, I happened to go into the swamp and saw him there:

he was enraged and attacked me with no explanation, I then went and spoke to the other pyromancer woman and she thanked me and gave me a tempest pyromancy thing

I was hoping there might be more to that.

You have to infer a lot in Dark Souls.

NPCs being rescued and subsequently inspired by you, then striking out on their own quest only to end up hollow and killed by you, is a running theme. I think it actually happens to everyone that ends up at Firelink.

You have to infer a lot in Dark Souls.

NPCs being rescued and subsequently inspired by you, then striking out on their own quest only to end up hollow and killed by you, is a running theme. I think it actually happens to everyone that ends up at Firelink.

If I saw it coming, I usually tried to prevent it from happening. I always hated having to kill people who had been friendly to me at some point, simply because they went hollow.

It's interesting that the true villains never lose hope and go hollow. If you want to kill them, you need to do it to their face.

If I saw it coming, I usually tried to prevent it from happening. I always hated having to kill people who had been friendly to me at some point, simply because they went hollow.

It's interesting that the true villains never lose hope and go hollow. If you want to kill them, you need to do it to their face.

I would imagine that, for a true villain, this is the best opportunity they've had in years, so not exactly a situation that inspires hopelessness

I would imagine that, for a true villain, this is the best opportunity they've had in years, so not exactly a situation that inspires hopelessness

Absolutely. They are in their element and have a purpose, even if that purpose is discord and pain.

There's a NGJ rabbit hole of moral philosophising one could jump down regarding the ethics of not helping / killing people based on things you know they will do in the future. Like GOD.

And because of the timey-whimey nature of DkS, it isn't even metatextual (meta...game?...tual).

Beat 2-3 and 3-3 offline and took care of their white world tendency events. That leaves me with just 4-2, 4-3, 5-2, 5-3, 1-3, and 1-4.

All the bosses in 5 went down like chumps, far easier than the levels themselves. Now I just need to tackle 4-2, 4-3, then run through level 1 to the end.

4-2 kicked my butt last time I tried, hopefully my +5 blessed great axe will help out.

4-2 kicked my butt last time I tried, hopefully my +5 blessed great axe will help out.

Good luck...

That's one the hardest and most frustrating section of Demon's Souls for me, while being one of the easiest to go back through once I understood it.

How much content is there in the Dark Souls add-on?

While waiting for word on the PC version of Dark Souls 2, i'm thinking about finally going back and doing that DLC.

I have an NG+ in progress that should be far enough through the game to just go start it right away, though i don't think i know where that content starts.

Four boss fights (all among the best in the game) and two proper sized 'zones'. You can access it as soon as you get the Lordvessel.

The DLC is all pretty fantastic, it became some of my favorite areas of the game after I went through it.  And those bosses, wow.

Four boss fights (all among the best in the game) and two proper sized 'zones'. You can access it as soon as you get the Lordvessel.

And look at a wiki as you won't find it in a billion years otherwise.

In terms of quality, it has the best boss fights in the game.

Well, giving the final boss of a game the ability to de-level you is a sure way to get me to look up cheese tactics online. i ended up spending about 30 minutes watching internet videos and casting poison repeatedly, but I have now beaten Demon's Souls. Dark Souls 2 PC can't come quick enough.

Well, giving the final boss of a game the ability to de-level you is a sure way to get me to look up cheese tactics online. i ended up spending about 30 minutes watching internet videos and casting poison repeatedly, but I have now beaten Demon's Souls. Dark Souls 2 PC can't come quick enough.

I cheesed him in my first game with long range bow shots for the same reason.  Second time around I actually meleed him proper like.  Dodging the level drain attack is actually not too bad once you recognize all his tells. 

I cheesed him in my first game with long range bow shots for the same reason.  Second time around I actually meleed him proper like.  Dodging the level drain attack is actually not too bad once you recognize all his tells. 

After he hit me with it the first time, I thought I could stay away from it, but the range is deceptively long. The next time he hit me with it, I thought I was far enough away by a fair amount, and the third time I was just standing up so I couldn't have dodged if I wanted to. For all the strength and heavy armor, I didn't feel that strong. I regret not just going with a Dex build and at least being able to roll around. Everything kills you in one series of hits anyway.

Well this has spiraled out of control and now i'm just replaying a large chunk of Dark Souls in NG+ so i can just even get to the point where the DLC is accessible.

Part of it is probably how long it's been since i played the game last, though i still beat Quelaag and Iron Golem without any trouble, but Ornstein & Smough are proving to be just absolutely savage on NG+, and i keep getting swarmed with invasions when i try to revive to go looking for co-op summons in Anor Londo. (Do the dedicated servers on Dark Souls 2 improve the PVP networking? I forgot how laggy and unreliable hit detection could be in Dark Souls, it's no wonder why everybody just goes for backstabs.)

Well this has spiraled out of control and now i'm just replaying a large chunk of Dark Souls in NG+ so i can just even get to the point where the DLC is accessible.

Part of it is probably how long it's been since i played the game last, though i still beat Quelaag and Iron Golem without any trouble, but Ornstein & Smough are proving to be just absolutely savage on NG+, and i keep getting swarmed with invasions when i try to revive to go looking for co-op summons in Anor Londo. (Do the dedicated servers on Dark Souls 2 improve the PVP networking? I forgot how laggy and unreliable hit detection could be in Dark Souls, it's no wonder why everybody just goes for backstabs.)

I'm feeling like the dedicated server is a huge improvement for me over DS1.  I am still having connections fail, but not as frequently.  On my internet (which is crappy), I had 50 percent of my connections in DS1 fail, and I'm having maybe 1 in 7 fail in DS2.

Well i have completed the Artorias DLC to what i feel is a satisfactory degree, and you guys are right, it's some of the best content in Dark Souls. The Artorias bossfight, in particular, was pretty damn great.