Sully907

Dark Souls(Demon's Souls successor)

The Greatsword of Artorias (cursed) is a great "first character you've ever played" weapon as it rewards you for having already ruined your character by requiring 24 Str, 18 Dex, 18 Wis and 18 Int (with C scaling in each). 

Yes, that is the weapon I'm using right now thanksverymuch. 

Abandoned my SL1 game (for now) and did something I've been meaning to do forever - started a guy who exclusively uses big beefy two handers (no sissy shields). Started using the Zweihander as soon as I had the strength to wield it, even though my endurance was only good for two regular swings. It's fun being able to mince through larger enemies, except smaller and quicker ones have become even more tricky. My first goal is going to be to find some decent armor with poise on it.

My two-hander is MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!  He's not as efficient as a dex build, nor does he have the flexibility of my intel/faith caster.  But crikey it's fun to just crush things.  Even if you ultimately use something else, I highly recommend getting your strength up for the most ridiculous of the two handers (tooth, dragon sword and dragon axe). 

Technically it's two different divisions on Namco, who make decisions independently.  My guess is that the NA division didn't think there would be enough demand for a boxed PC release, and the EU division thought there would be. 

Ah, I see. I guess that's because of Germany? I know they love boxed editions.

I've been getting back into Demon's souls. It's not as good as Dark Souls. I don't like the nexus level hub, or the healing items, or the item burden, or the world Tendancy. What the flip is the world tendancy?

There's also no falling attack, which annoys me too. And that magic is completely OP. But I'm still enjoying the game a lot. XD

The zweihander strong attack is the best thing. I pretty much exclusively used that through most of the last half of the game because the enemies tended to be a little bit slower. Nothing more satisfying than flattening the silver knights.

So, I think I forgot to pick up the stone that allows you to place a summoning rune down for people to call you into the game. Anyone know where I can find one of those?

Also, I am now at Anor Londo, and I have met the things that people are complaining about

I wouldn't call them Archers, more like mobile, bipedal Balistas

To get the summoning stone you have to talk to Solaire of Astora (a.k.a. the sun-bro), which is on the opposite end of the Bridge with the dragon in the Undead Burg (as in the side furthest from the dragon), and say yes to his question twice. If he's not there, he's at the shrine of the sun goddess (I think that's it's name) which is in a little alcove to the right of the bonfire underneath the dragon. I think.

Killing Solaire so that you can engage in jolly cooperation makes me a little sad.

Holy crap, I didn't realize that EpicNameBro is actually helping write the strategy guide for DaS2.   According to his Twitter, part of his job is to help make it more than a guide, and also help explain the lore and other elements.   Whether the guide is worth buying or not, kind of cool that one of the biggest fans got hired to work on that project.

Killing Solaire so that you can engage in jolly cooperation makes me a little sad.

I actually find out of all the NPC's, Solaires arc is the saddest as...

if you follow it all the way through, you end up with him being infected by a sunlight maggot, and becoming essentially a mindless zombie. If you save him from the sunlight maggots, he becomes disheartened and disillusioned, as he's 'lost his sun'. When every interaction with him is like a ray of light (no pun intended), he lifts the mood and cheered me up, making me push on. Furthermore, saving him just makes his sadness even more tragic. And no matter what, living or dead, he never finds his light.

does that still happen if you

Get the Sunlight Maggot before he does?

Getting the maggot first is how you "save" him. In that case, there's another cutscene of him in Izalith being all depressed and basically giving up on his quest.

Though, I think you could look at that as possibly just a temporary depression. By saving him, he's available to summon against Gwyn, indicating that he's continued exploring the world and is still up for some jolly cooperation. I think that his may ultimately be a hopeful ending in that he is alive and still able to explore, perhaps finding some new purpose.

I think that his may ultimately be a hopeful ending in that he is alive and still able to explore, perhaps finding some new purpose.

By helping kill his father?

I actually find out of all the NPC's, Solaires arc is the saddest 

I would argue that the saddest story is Siegmeyer.

By helping kill his father?

Everyone knows that Patches is really the firstborn.

I would argue that the saddest story is Siegmeyer.

Except...

...that's at least the SECOND time she's murdered her father. There's something about that family that the player does not know.

Poor Lautrec,

he just hangs out minding his own business, and people keep kicking him off a cliff to his death.

Recently they've been announcing the shield design winners for DaS2 on the FB page, and this one has piqued my interest:

1025610_603060303100351_16145959_o.jpg

Especially the description - "Hero of Yore"? so Dark Souls 2 is set in the future? How long has it been since the events that happened in Lodran?

What of the chosen undead? Does the ending affect anything? 

Edit - put pic in spoiler tags because it's too big.

Weird, I thought I'd seen certain things that suggested DS2 might be taking place in the past. Then again, time has always been a bit fluid in Souls games.

HMM. I was basing my assumption on some footage of what looked an awful lot like Ariamis non-painted with a bunch of dragons around. Seemed pretty past-y, but his version sounds plausible.

More in depth here: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/let-s-talk-dark-souls-ii/2300-8434/

But from the sounds of that interview, don't expect a PC release anytime soon.

Wait, what?  Why?  I'm not going to be able to listen or watch to this until...probably tomorrow.  NOOOOOO!

Edited: Actually the audio interview is only 17 minutes long, I've got the time to finish it before I'm done working.

Listened to it.  The rep says that yes, there is someone in the world who knows the release date, but then hem-hawed around why the hell Namco won't give a date on it.  Then he did some PR babble dance about it being a big organization, blah, blah, blah.  He said yes to Steam and Steamworks.  He said PC gamers "won't get cheated" and that he's not "just talking about gameplay."   It's a bit mystifying why they won't give any info on this at all, which leads to speculation that there is something wrong or that they are trying to boost console sales.

The way the guy was talking about it having extra content made me think it'd include the inevitable DLC, so maybe this fall? Complete speculation there but he definitely implies a bigger than expected delay while promising extra content.

Except that From has stated that it's being designed specifically to not consider DLC.  It's just kind of a weird way to phrase it, particularly after months of marketing the release date as being "soon" after the console releases. 

Oh, not good, Amazon has updated the pre-order page for the US PC version to available on May 31st.  Not that it's a confirmation, but I'm pretty sure that's pushed back from their original date they had on the page.