Orv

Magicka

So I got this game gifted to me by a friend for my Birthday and all I have to say is that this is fucking awesome!!

I've played it for about 3 hours straight and got to the 8th Chapter.

God I love this game, the humour is really good and the only reason that I stopped was because my hands were getting tired and I was just casting the wrong spells over and over and I kept killing this other guy I was playing with... let's just say he wasn't very amused after killing him about 15 times within a 10 minute time frame.

Anyways, awesome game.

Also Vlad is awesome, especially how he constantly reassures you that he isn't a vampire :D

If anybody wants to do today's summer sale objective, send me a message through the Thumbs steam group.

For anyone that doesn't know, for another hour or so everything to do with Magicka is on sale for about a third of the original price. I heartily recommend getting it! Especially since someone just gifted me the complete pack as an advance birthday present, so I finally have a copy on my own account and would love to play with some Thumbs.

A friend bought this for me and another friend last night and we played for a couple of hours. I fell in love with the style of the game immediately, but the highlight is the prevalence of friendly-fire deaths and "Aww, fuck, sorry man"s that came out of our playtime.

I'm glad that I got it free, and that it was cheap for my friend to buy during the Steam sale, but boy am I regretting not buying it at launch.

I love it but its really hard solo and when i did play online the guy i was paired with just said 'boy you really do suck' and left... sadface :getmecoat

oh the game is absolutely broken for solo play. It's do-able, but you need to cheese your way through quite a few fights. Multiplayer requires a good friend with a lot of patience and a good sense of humour. Also the server browser and netcode is attroicious. You're lucky to connect to anybody who hasn't given you a steam game invite.

That said, it's a unique experience and a ton of fun.

I guess I was lucky to get paired up to someone who was both patient and found the friendly fire deaths funny because I kept doing that to him near the end of our session :P

I'd definitely be up for some multiplayer if any other thumbs are up for it. Today might be difficult as it's my nephew's birthday but I'd be up for it any other time :D

IL totally play with you! :D if your ok with a complete noob thais? :P i really want to enjoy it, but dont have any PC gaming mates :/ just add me on steam, my page is... http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008547028

I've already got ya added mate(my Steam avatar is the cookie monster ;) which I think I'll actually make my forum avatar)

This weekend's no good for me though but I'd defo be up for it next week

oh... i feel stupid now :S haha yeah just give me a message cos im on my holidays now, so yeah got heaps of free time :)

I think I should point out that the DLC pack released today (The Gamer's Pack, or something) allows you to dress your wizard as Purple Tentacle. Fucking yes. This will be the first DLC I have purchased for this game.

I feel I should add to what miffy has said and say that now would be a great time to pick up Magicka if you haven't already done so as it is 75% reduced!

I think I should point out that the DLC pack released today (The Gamer's Pack, or something) allows you to dress your wizard as Purple Tentacle. Fucking yes. This will be the first DLC I have purchased for this game.

I think I may have to cave in and buy the first DLC for any game in my life.

Any tips on how to make this game not crash at random point in chapter 11? It gets quite annoying after a while.

Anyone tried the wizard simulator early access multiplayer extravaganza?