Sign in to follow this  
Gwardinen

Swarm

Almost all of what I know of Swarm, an upcoming XBLA and PSN game, comes from this Giant Bomb Quick Look.

I am a sucker for animation, AI and physics in games, and this game seems to be almost nothing BUT those three things with a charming and funny (though slightly sadistic) theme. I can't wait for this to show up, and since it's apparently in certification already I really hope Microsoft and Sony get a move on.

You can also check out the official site but it doesn't seem to have much more info.

Swarm is interesting to me because it won some big award at some big, important indie games festival a few years back, I *think* in relation to its AI. It looks like it could be something, though I'm hoping it arrives on Steam.

I love it that developers keep coming up with new uses for physics in games. Swarm looks super fun.

Yea this game is totally enchanting going off that quicklook. Can't wait to play it. I hope they do the smart thing and price it at 10 dollars.

Honestly one of the things that makes me happiest about it is that I didn't hear anything about it until two days ago, and it's going to be coming out (hopefully) very soon. I find managing the hype I allow myself to feel in regards to upcoming games is what I end up doing most when checking out coverage these days, so not really having to do so is nice.

That said I am rather jonesing for this game now, so I'm beginning to get impatient with certification processes.

HotHeadGames are quite a good track record. So far I've really been enjoying every game they released.

I saw the same level they showed in GB demoed at PAX (even got a t shirt with a giant swarmite on the front) and have been psyched on the game since. I'm really excited that this may be coming out soon. The demo I saw had a more thorough player, so I got to watch those little guys running around after every collectible possible. It was really charming.

I think you mean Windows, not PC.

Well yeah, a Mac is a PC too, but Windows is an Operating System and Macintosh is not. Bleh. Semantics. :(

Well yeah, a Mac is a PC too, but Windows is an Operating System and Macintosh is not. Bleh. Semantics. :(

Macintosh is not but the Macintosh Opearting System is!

Swarm is out on XBLA and PSN now! It may or may not be out on both in all regions, but if it's not it should be soon.

Cool story; I bought the game on XBLA, loaded it up, was half way through the first level, my 360 red ringed! ;( I've since been using the "towel trick" to try to play bits and pieces of it, but I might actually just start shouting for money back from Microsoft. I'm pissed off enough now that this, my fifth or possibly even sixth 360 to red ring, is the last straw. I foresee a fight over repairs, XBLA refunds, etc. in my future. I'm sure it's a story they've heard a million times, but eh, this is bullshit and everyone knows it.