Sign in to follow this  
Scrobbs

ilomilo

I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I love the music I've heard from it. MOre games should use harmonica :)

I got it through that sneaky XBLA "download the demo and upgrade to play the game a month early" release that they did back in November. I've played a fair bit of it, but my compeltionist nature is causing me quite a bit of grief. Good game, but you can drive yourself insane looking for everything.

I've got the demo on my Windows Phone and am probably gonna buy it at the end of month when I get some money. I'm really impressed with it so far and I've only played the prologue and the first 3 levels of chapter 1; its going to be the first game I buy on my phone :tup:

When I get some time, I'm definitely going to check this out. I interviewed some of the Southend people back when - of all things - Lode Runner came out, and they were understandably much more excited about this. Wow, that was almost 2 years ago...

As I was catching up on XBLA goodness yesterday, I bought it after a few puzzles in trial : I loved the overall art direction at first sight (feat. a properly tweaked rim light shading, gotta love it) and the gameplay is nice too. I hoped it won't be too long though - since Meatboy and Costume Quest, I fear simplistic gameplay overstaying their welcome - but the "halfway there" give me the feeling it won't.

BTW, anybody played both XBLA and handheld versions? I get the impression it suits mobile gaming a bit better ... and coop on two phones- if it exists - would be quite rad.

As I was catching up on XBLA goodness yesterday, I bought it after a few puzzles in trial : I loved the overall art direction at first sight (feat. a properly tweaked rim light shading, gotta love it) and the gameplay is nice too. I hoped it won't be too long though - since Meatboy and Costume Quest, I fear simplistic gameplay overstaying their welcome - but the "halfway there" give me the feeling it won't.

BTW, anybody played both XBLA and handheld versions? I get the impression it suits mobile gaming a bit better ... and coop on two phones- if it exists - would be quite rad.

No co-op on phones.

Holy cow, I didn't know my character could get stuck to an inescapable, unreachable block! The moment of realization was slightly terrifying as my mind jumped back to a dozen places when it could have happened... now, I can't really take the game as casually as I did and I'm second guessing more and more of my decisions. It's like bloody Sokoban all over again!

Not sure if it's for the best, but the shift is pretty interesting - I'm just wondering if it's by design or not.