Sign in to follow this  
pabosher

Civilization World

So the Facebook Civ game is entering an Alpha test soon (January 12th) and you can sign up here:

http://www.2kgames.com/civworld/alpha/

Information about it is here:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150091587224561

You can sign up straight away, but you have to have a team of people to do so. I figured it would be easiest if I was the 'Team Leader' (as far as I understand, it just means that we'll play together) and so, team name is:

Civ Thumbs

and my name is:

Phillipe Bosher

It looks/sounds cool, so if you want to join, please do! Note: I don't think we need to be facebook friends for this to work :tup:

EDIT: Fixed the link Murdoc mentioned.

Edited by SpeedyDesiato

Sweet; signed up!

For some reason your alpha link didn't work, so I had to click on it in facebook.

Done. This will probably be the first Facebook game I ever play. And probably the last. And I will probably forget about it after like a week because I never get on Facebook. But, hey... Civ!!:tup:

Will this spam both my Facebook friends with messages about stupid shit, or is it good? I have a horrible aversion to anything connected to Facebook, but that might be unreasonable?

Will this spam both my Facebook friends with messages about stupid shit, or is it good? I have a horrible aversion to anything connected to Facebook, but that might be unreasonable?

No idea T. I doubt it, but you can turn that off anyway, so...

It's a totally deal breaker if it doesn't spam m friends with stupid shot. I have to read song lyrics all day so they can hear how murdocoplois acquired it's fifth wonder.

Yeah I tried it for a few minutes and it's pretty bizarre. It's also pretty dense with constant stimulation and information, considering it's a Facebook game. The neverending chat from people online is pretty irritating too.

This game is ridiculously addictive... I need to stop playing it :P

Finally tried this for a bit of time... am I missing something, but how is this related to civ?

Not to nay say everything, Im just not getting it.

1. I'm no a civilization

2. I'm a town that can build stuff whose sole purpose is to harvest x

3. I spend x to spend on tech trees or army

4. I buy armies

5. I guess the social stuff adds some where you can vote for things and attack other people... might be the game Im in, but there's basically a super power that is just raping everyone so its best not to join one.

Theres something to this, but I dunno, it seems like Im just logging in, clicking harvest, clicking on a new research and doing it all again the next day.

I stopped playing because I was absolutely plagued with lag and connection issues.