Noyb

Android Games

New game from the developers of rymdkapsel

twofold inc. (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.grapefrukt.games.twofold&hl=en)

Much more straightforward highscore-based puzzle game than rymdkapsel. Played it a bunch over the weekend and loved my time with it. Little hints of strategy popped up each time I started a new game.

Wish there was a campaign with specific challenges, etc., as the score chase won't keep me playing as long.

VERY delightful art/music

Highly recommended!

Does anybody know any good Android support forum?

My Nexus 7 froze overnight and the battery died, it's been plugged for hours and the only thing it shows is an empty battery icon. 

After being plugged in for enough it shows the Google Logo, but if I try to turn it off or reset it, it returns to the empty battery icon.

From what I've looked up, I'm supposed to reset it and then turn it off, but... instead of going to the "Bootloader/reset screen" I only get the empty battery icon.

Any opinions on the Android version Final Fantasy Tactics? It's down to a reasonable price this week but if it needs an internet connection like a lot of their stuff seems to then there's no point for me.

It's fine. They did that weird upressing on it but the base assets for the game where high enough res that it looks fine. From the little bit I've played of it my only real issue is that it feels speed up a little but it lacks the slowdown of all the other versions and has all the new stuff from the PSP port so it's a bit of a wash. And it didn't seem to have any issues with me turning off wifi mid game so I don't think it needs a constant internet connection.

Tablet. I would imagine it's okay on a large phone but I wouldn't play it on say, an iPhone 4s. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you have a physical PS1 copy you can also just rip an ISO and play it in an emulator. Maybe start messing with all the mods (of which there are a surprising number) for free. Not that I would do such a thing of course. :P

Aye I have a chunky phone, so it might be worth thinking about. Cheers!
(I'd emulate, particularly cause I already bought it on PSP ages back but I hate the touch button controller layout things)

I've been playing Crashlands. Came out in January, forever ago, and saw it got some Android game of the year awards, so picked it up.

It's great!

Feels like a goofier, much more forgiving Don't Starve. I don't love the art style, but the writing is pretty perfectly pitched to make it all work.

I struggled with the combat for a bit, since i chose the harder difficulty, but so far it's great. Inventory management is only there for equipable/disposable items. Picking up materials (wood, stone, crystals, etc) only shows as numbers, they don't actually show up as items in your inventory. Crafting is simple and easy.

Cloud save system has worked well so far, jumping between a tablet and phone. You can play offline entirely, too.

I NEVER play these more substantial mobile games and expected this one to fall by the wayside, but it's really grown on me fast. I recommend!

17 hours ago, SecretAsianMan said:

Lara Croft GO and Deux Ex GO are both now available for free on Amazon Underground, with Hitman GO on the way.

I bought all the three GO games from Google Play Store now in December as all of those were with heavy discounts, like -60%. Haven't had much time yet to play those, but it's interesting to see how much the games have changed, Hitman Go seems to be the oldest since it's not as advanced as Deus Ex and Lara Croft games are?

8 hours ago, SuperBiasedMan said:

It was Hitman > Lara Croft > Deus Ex.

That's the order of release and also my order of preference.

I would agree with that.  I know a lot of people felt that Lara Croft was a better game but honestly I had more fun with Hitman.

I think each got more polished, but the most stylish cohesive whole is Hitman. And it had the optional objectives too that made the solutions more interesting. 

So, has anyone here played Hill Climb Racing 2?

I have started it just a bit to complete the first cup and get some gear. It was said to have also some sort of online multiplayer, but I haven't added any friends in it so I haven't seen any real multiplayer at least on that part.

So is the stuff ypu get for purchasingCard Crawl something that can sustain one's interest? I've optimized my matches of the free mode after 10 or so matches and it is no longer interesting to me.