Noyb

Android Games

Does anyone knows android games that are good to play with a gamepad?

I bought a gamepad mostly with the objective to use it with emulators. But I wonder if there any games that are deep enough in the gameplay aspect that actually get better with a controller.

I know there are a bunch of old games released on android, some of them are interesting, but I'm looking mostly for games made for mobile. 

Also I'm going to be travelling for 7 hours tomorrow, anyone have any general suggestions that haven't come up here?

So after watching Drew talk about Heroes Charge on GB, I gave it a try.

I like it.

A lot. 

The offbrand Dota styling is so cute and charming. It scratches a lot of the Destiny places, with its grinding loot to feed to other loot to feed to OTHER loot to feed to heroes. 

I've been loving 80 Days on the Android but it just makes me wish that more iOS stuff like A Dark Room would find its way over

I've been playing a heck of a lot of Tap Titans. I've never really gotten into a clicker game before.

What am I doing with my life.

Help.

holy hell, what have i done

Picked up Carcassonne for $2 on sale in the Play Store. It's fine, but there isn't a whole lot to do single player beyond playing normal games with bots, which is a bummer. Galaxy Trucker had a great campaign mode that was a really thoughtful addition in the port to mobile. 

Hoplite and Pixel Dungeon are still my favorite things to play on my phone though. Hoplite in particular is damn near perfect.

So I got a $50 credit to the Play Store for buying a Nexus 6, and I have no idea what I should spend it on.  I think I've spent like $5 total, ever, in the Play Store.  Any suggestions on quality paid apps that are really worth having?

Since you said apps, Pocket Casts is a good podcast app.

For games, of course 80Days, Desert Golf and Hitman Go

Bag It! is a spacial/physics puzzle game about bagging groceries neatly and without crushing things. They expand on this with so many levels and modes it's really impressive what they get out of it.

The Room One and Two are solid puzzling games you could do co-operatively.

Lyne is a simple but nicely engaging puzzle game about drawing lines.

Alcazar is a simple but nicely engaging puzzle game about drawing lines... but through a maze this time!

Calculords is a fun though hard strategy/deck building game. I was less into the deck building and suffered for it.

Hoplite is a solid rogue like game where it's heavy on strategy and planning your moves.

Also I'm not sure which size the Nexus 6 is but there's some solid NES, SNES and GBA emulators if you want to go that route and don't mind there being virtual on screen controls.

So I got a $50 credit to the Play Store for buying a Nexus 6, and I have no idea what I should spend it on.  I think I've spent like $5 total, ever, in the Play Store.  Any suggestions on quality paid apps that are really worth having?

Hoplite is well worth paying for the premium version. Best game on android, bar none.

I also played a lot of Galaxy Trucker and Pixel Dungeon.

As for general paid apps, I really love Universal Remote Pro and Nova Launcher.

Thanks all!  That gave me a good starting list to get some stuff.  I got really excited about the universal remote, and then found that the Nexus 6 doesn't have an IR blaster built into it. 

Turns out I'm a fool and I meant to say Unified Remote Pro. It lets you control a PC on your WiFi network. Great for watching movies and junk in bed.

Also I use Pocket Casts and its great.

That also looks really useful!  I was just really psyched about turning my phone into a universal remote, it's a bummer that the Nexus doesn't get an IR transmitter.  :(

Yeah when I searched on my desktop I found it, the Google Play app search just didn't give the right result. Weird.

Neko Atsume is pretty great, you have a yard you will with cat toys and cat food and it fills up with kitties who pays you in fish to buy more items to attract MOAR kitties!

If I'm going to get hooked on a cow clicker, it better be one with cute kitties!

Turns out Grim Fandango is on Android. Has anyone tried it? It's probably am affront to think I should play it on my phone first but it's likely the only way I'll find time for the next while.

Been playing a goofy little skateboard game called True Skate a lot lately. it's like a cross between the Skate games and one of those tech-deck finger skateboard toys. It's pretty fun!