Noyb

Android Games

Fantastic!!  Will be picking up Valient, Banner, and the new Kingdom Rush.  Hopefully this will pry me away from my Hearthstone addiction...

edit: interesting re: Valient Hearts.  It's the first chapter for $.99, with the remaining chapters for $3.99/per

It's worth noting that if you buy their Amazon Coins microcurrency, you get a 10% discount over the top. So, 100 coins = $1 and if you buy a pack of 500 coins it costs $4.80. Not a bad deal if you frequently buy stuff from Amazon, which I do on my Android phone and Fire TV.

What actually IS Google reward money and does it apply to non Americans? Just cause I've only heard of vague references online but not seen it on a Google page ever.

This is the 'google rewards' that I'm familiar with:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.paidtasks&hl=en  I think it is restricted to US only, though. (and android only, AFAIK)

They also have 'security research' rewards:  http://www.google.com/about/appsecurity/programs-home/  but I don't really know anything about those (and I think they're much larger rewards, probably not what's being referred to in this thread)

Not sure if anyone mentioned Replica Island yet but I played it a few years ago and was surprised that an action game on a phone could be that fun.

Also, anyone having trouble accessing games due to region or model should look into spoofing the market. I haven't bothered with that in a while so I don't recall if root is needed or not but, heck, rooting one's phone is fun on its own.

I've been playing a heck of a lot of Tap Titans. I've never really gotten into a clicker game before.

What am I doing with my life.

Help.

I'm playing the heck out of Terra Battle, by Mistwalker.  I never thought I'd play a F2P game, but its actually quite compelling.

The description of that one is completely mystifying...

"An encounter that will tear away the veil shrouding the world's secrets and set the gears of fate in motion...

*Maneuver your characters freely to outflank your enemies.

Move units freely around a grid-based map to flank the enemy, striking from both sides in a pincer attack.

*Eradicate multiple foes in one fell swoop with chain attacks.

Characters can be positioned to execute chain attacks with allies. Take advantage of bonus items on the map as well to obliterate your foes!

*Customize characters strategically via jobs and skills.

Characters can undergo three types of job changes. Acquire new skills and combine them to create characters that best fit your play style.

*Experience an expansive game world with hundreds of battle maps and hundreds of friends and foes.

A myriad of richly distinctive and diverse foes will confront you on a variety of battle maps. Prevail against them to gradually unravel the mysteries of this strange new world."

My FIRST thought when I want to find out what kind of game something is is "CAN I MOVE FREELY?"

I've started Banner Saga on my Nexus 9 and it's running beautifully so far.  Seems like a perfect before bed game.  Lots of reading, and I'm playing it on easy because I'm terrible at strategy games and I don't want to get all worked up before sleepin'.

I've been playing a heck of a lot of Tap Titans. I've never really gotten into a clicker game before.

What am I doing with my life.

Help.

The only way to save yourself is to keep playing and spend a lot of money on it! I'm one of the developers btw, thanks for playing our game.

Aw, no way. It's super charming :D

My only beef is that I'd really like to see a breakdown of how my tap, hero and total deeps are being generated and by what.

Also, a swipe input for tapping would be nice to avoid RSIs

Also also, sometimes the tab buttons disappear after I dismiss popups.

Aw, no way. It's super charming :D

Thanks, our artists are a super talented group I'm lucky to work with.

My only beef is that I'd really like to see a breakdown of how my tap, hero and total deeps are being generated and by what.

Also, a swipe input for tapping would be nice to avoid RSIs

It's been a long complaint about the number displays, and it's been interesting to watch the people over at r/TapTitans try and dissect the formulas. I think it made sense to our designers to make the UI display the numbers after all the bonuses are applied, unfortunately it meant that when you unlock a +100% hero damage, you don't actually see the number go up 100%, because the 100% is being added onto an already existing bonus multiplier.  

Swipe input is a novel idea, I'll bring it up! 

Also also, sometimes the tab buttons disappear after I dismiss popups.

That's a weird one. We'll look into it.

Thanks for the feedback and thanks again for playing. I'm happy to answer any questions too.

Real talk: for how long was Sterling the Enchanter called Sterling the Archer? 

The only way to save yourself is to keep playing and spend a lot of money on it! I'm one of the developers btw, thanks for playing our game.

Downloading now!  Who knows, maybe I'll spend money on it...?  :D

Well, I solved the ad pop-up bug by buying some gems. 

you earned it! 

I think last year I played more hours of Marvel Puzzle Quest than any other game, and that continues to be true this year. 2 more days until I get another 4-star Wolverine cover for playing for 149 days! MPQ is also the leading cause of death among batteries that are in my phone.

MPQ destroys phone batteries like nothing else. I think I am on day 96 or something like that.

If memory serves, the Drop7 devs sold it to EA a long time ago and the version you had was not in active development.

Of course, I don't know why my memory would be particularly good about a random Android app so I could be totally wrong.

When I tried to find it before (after hearing about it on Thumbs) I couldn't seem to, though I'm pretty sure I didn't hear about it when the episode was new.

So either it was taken down for a period or was unavailable to certain regions?

Either that or I suck at looking for android games.

The way I remember it, there was the original Drop7 made by Area/Code which I had.  Then Zynga bought it and replaced it with the version I have

SGOFSe5.png

And I guess they're updating it again or something?  Either way, it's definitely been available for a long time in one form or another.