Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Idle Thumbs wins an award

Haha brilliant response, bot.

It's nice to see you guys are so humble about it, but to say that it is truly is well-deserved is a giant understatement. Each episode is timeless, and I usually listen to an episode a day. It's a shame it had to end, but I sincerely hope we'll see the occasional Conf Grenade or PAX Special in the future.

Great job guys, well done. :)

Congrats, it's well the deserved. Idle Thumbs is on all positions in my top 5 podcasts.

Confession: I've only listened to 3/4 of one podcast (the Chuck Jordan one), and around half another (Sean Vanaman's first one), bringing my total up to 5/4 podcasts. I'm not overly familiar with many games discussed on the others, so I haven't listened to them.

One hundred percent deserved. The Idle Thumbs podcast has in some, and many ways, been a really cool part of my life for the last couple of years.

Congratulations! :tup::tup::tup:

Voted. We only need another 300 or so votes to get in the lead, come on everyone!

Kroms: I listened to most of the 'casts about a year after they were recorded and had never heard of half of the games, but still found them all very entertaining and well worth listening to. Recommended! :tup:

Even though I haven't heard all the other podcasts, it's highly unlikely there's anything better out there, so congratulations!

Voted. We only need another 300 or so votes to get in the lead, come on everyone!

Kroms: I listened to most of the 'casts about a year after they were recorded and had never heard of half of the games, but still found them all very entertaining and well worth listening to. Recommended! :tup:

Agreed. I started listening to Thumbs earlier this year -- February I believe -- and although I'd never played Far Cry 2 or WarioWare: Shake Dimension (or whatever it was called) I loved it nonetheless.

who the hell voted for Rebel FM? That show is lame compared to the brilliance of The Idle Thumbs podblast...

(And giant bomb and MBMBaM dont shoot me)

Congrats! Deserved.

Now that you are famous (not Vanaman), you can afford to travel back to the west coast every weekend with your gear and records a new cast, right?

Well deserved indeed! It makes me proud to be a listener and forum member. Congratulations and rock on. :tup:

Glad to see that it was acknowledged.

Couldn't agree more, nothing has been able to successfully fill the void left by the idle thumbs podcast ending.

Glad to see that it was acknowledged.

Couldn't agree more, nothing has been able to successfully fill the void left by the idle thumbs podcast ending.

I go back to the beginning and listen to them in order. Then, when I get to the end, I go back to the beginning.

Life is good.

I go back to the beginning and listen to them in order. Then, when I get to the end, I go back to the beginning.

Life is good.

This is what I do, whilst puttering around in tin-cans of death (tanks.)

And I really don't have a problem with it.

Well played, well deserved.

I think it's awesome. So did someone on the forum nominate the podcast?

I think the CastMedium guys are fans. They documented the cast pretty thoroughly when it was in production.

I made a pretty strong argument for it along with Ross (Idle Thumbs is also one of his personal picks that were posted earlier today). Some of the guys tried to argue that Idle Thumbs shouldn't make it because it didn't persist throughout the whole year, but it was hard for them to completely Devil's Advocate it up considering we all enjoy it to SOME extent.

I made a pretty strong argument for it along with Ross (Idle Thumbs is also one of his personal picks that were posted earlier today). Some of the guys tried to argue that Idle Thumbs shouldn't make it because it didn't persist throughout the whole year, but it was hard for them to completely Devil's Advocate it up considering we all enjoy it to SOME extent.

I'm glad you also chose Radiolab. Great choice man :)

I dont know why people like the bombcast so much. Tried listening to it once or twice but I found it incredibly frustrating. Near last christmas, I stumbled upon the livestream of giantbomb crew playing old segacd games, but when they started playing rebel assualt and said something along the lines of "it was the only way to experience what it's like to be a pilot in star wars universe" I nearly yelled at my screen "what about x-wing you dumbshits"

All I could hear when I seen the front page news post was "hoooooraaay for yooooou" in a whiney Chris Remo voice. Too bad that a meme for only one episode.

Even though I've probably been negative at inappropriate times and I'm not the biggest fan ever, I've listened completely through each and every episode of both podcasts and was really loving the newest incarnation.

This was a well deserved award as the hours of entertainment given nearly weekly were priceless.

Giw U dudb;t \

Let me try that again.

How I didn't notice this thread before completely escapes me. Well done, Thumbs! :tup:

who the hell voted for Rebel FM? That show is lame compared to the brilliance of The Idle Thumbs podblast.
I believe the facebook group for Rebel FM bum-rushed the poll. Personally I stopped listening a long time ago, because it was all bullshit echo-chamber nonsense from GAF, and Arthur's constant dickish behaviour.

The votes somewhat balanced themselves as other sites found the poll, but it should really be nowhere near second place.