Sign in to follow this  
Squid Division

Holiday Gifting - Idle Thumbs Edition

Just to keep this organized:

Available:

1 Half Life 2 code

2 Nation Red codes

-----Original Post:-----

It's that time of the year, and I'm feeling generous. So, I've got a gift code for Minecraft here.

My conditions are:

1) You actually want it

2) YOU actually use it (not sell it or give it away)

3) You come play with us, at least a little, on the Thumbs server (see Multiplayer Networking)

So those of you feeling generous post in here what you're giving away, be it a Steam game, console game, Kindle book, whatever.

Edited by Squid Division

I'm certain pretty much everyone here has this, as does everyone who'd be interested in it that I know - that's why I still have it. I have an extra copy of Half-Life 2 that I am happy to send to someone on Steam if they have any interest in it whatsoever.

I'm actually really interested in Minecraft. If you really want to give one away, I'd happily take it off your hands and come play with the Thumbs crew. :)

I have two Nation Red codes if anyone would like them (if Squid doesn't mind me co-opting his thread)

It's basically L4D2 survival, but played like Alien Swarm. (IE. Isometric, WASD, aim with mouse)

Idle Thumbs is awesome

That is all.

(I would ask for the game, except that I'm not sure my broken-ass PC could even run it at the moment. Also I'm not sure it's the kind of thing that would keep me playing for very long. Still awesome though.)

I played Minecraft during Notch's impromptu free weekend and thoroughly enjoyed making a huge bridge that spanned the map. However I really despise(it scares me) using a credit card on the internet unless the site has Amazon or Steam in its name.

That being said I have $4.49 leftover on my "Steam Wallet" so I would be willing to do a swap, a Steam game for Minecraft. I know its not a fair trade and its not like I don't have games to play right now and with the impending Winter Sale coming up I wont be on a deficit of games to play in the future. But I would really like to play Minecraft and would most certainly build something with some Thumbs.

I don't particularly like begging so I really want to give something to you in return and if you want I would be willing to bump $4.49 to $10.49. Thank you for at least showing generosity.

Question: If I buy a game pack on Steam that contains games that I already bought individually, can I either gift the new copies or transfer ownership of my original copies before buying the new ones?

This has implications on whether I can contribute to this thread.

Question: If I buy a game pack on Steam that contains games that I already bought individually, can I either gift the new copies or transfer ownership of my original copies before buying the new ones?

This has implications on whether I can contribute to this thread.

Depends on the game, but most of the time (and definitely with Valve games) you can.

What about gifting my existing copy?

It's not a Valve pack, btw. It's the upcoming Oddworld Oddboxx.

Uh, if I understand how it works, you'd be gifting the copies you just "bought" not your existing one.

As for the Oddboxx, which now that you mentioned it, I'll have this problem too, I'm not sure if they'll allow it. You should shoot the folks at Oddworld Ent. a Twitter or email.

Uh, if I understand how it works, you'd be gifting the copies you just "bought" not your existing one.
Oh, I meant gifting them before buying the new package.

Oh, I meant gifting them before buying the new package.

Nooooope.

Hey Idle Thumbs! Because this is a community of amazing people I want to support it by giving out our favorite thing, video games. I have chosen two games that will be given out to anyone who follows Squid Division's conditions.

First off is one of my favorite little games Time Gentlemen, Please! I think it is a hilarious adventure game that deals with Nazis, Dinosaurs, and Magnum P.I. It is the sequel to Ben There, Dan That which is free at Zombie Cow's website.

Now, if you are not into adventure games I also am giving away Zombie Driver. While I have not played it myself it looks pretty neat if you like cars and blood. Probably of the opposite side of the gaming spectrum when compared to an adventure game. Like I mentioned previously I'm trying to minimize my Steam Wallet and it was on sale and I thought someone might want it. So, why not give it away?

If you want either of these games you can contact me through a PM or add me on Steam here. If you contact me through Steam please be a part of the radical Idle Thumbs Steam group so I can quickly tell why I have a new friend request. Thanks and have a wonderful holiday!

Merry Christmas Thumbs!

I'd love a gift, but mostly I'm here to give. :tup: I have five copies of the Deus Ex: GotY edition for Steam and I also have a giftable code for the new Humble Indie Bundle. Just add me and ask if you want one! Here's a link to my steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/wurtsi

That reminds me. I still have an unsent copy of Plain Sight, the indie game. If anyone wants it.

The Mafia 2 is probably not for me. :)

What the hell, no one wants free games? :blink:

Yeah I went ahead and claimed Mafia 2 for myself since no one wanted it. I do have a free copy of Portal 1 that's up for anyone who wants it.

I do have a free copy of Portal 1 that's up for anyone who wants it.

One over here, too.