Lu 

The Humble Indie B2ndle

The site is running really slow for me, so here's the games incase you can't see them:

• Braid
  • Machinarium
  • Osmos
  • Cortex Command
  • Revenge of the Titans

I've only heard of the first two games, although Osmos is iPad Game of the Year, apparently -- which I'd highly recommend... in the unlikely event you don't already own them.

Cortex Command and Revenge of the Titans are both still in beta, but you'll get all future updates.

My thoughts, based on the videos (yeah, not really fair, but...):

CC looks pretty bad, to be honest. It's a 2D platformer that looks like it was born from someone's stoned dream ("woah! wouldn't it be weird to be in a war where you remotely controlled the soldiers!") and focused entirely on all the wrong details -- graphics, sound and weapon selection. Basically it looks like Metal Slug with a physics engine... which sounds ok, except it also has ingame menus that would make most RPG games blush. It looks zero fun to play.

RotT looks a lot more promising, if you ask me. It's an RTS, like Command & Conquer, but with retro stylings. It sort of reminds me of Darwinia, and makes me wonder if it had come out in 1998 if it'd look cool or terrible. Anyways, the video quite made me want to play it.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

I just day 1 perch'ed this red hot snapper! (2 fish jokes) :fart:

Sweet. I do have already have Braid, but I discounted my donation for the oversight :).

While Desert Bus has lots of my money for CP, I suppose I can afford some more, especially for this collection of games.

I get harped at constantly about Machinarium, and RotT has held my interest since an ad on RPS, but I never got around to it.

Day One Perch, hooooooooooooooooo!

I'm in the "I already own most of them" camp.... I don't know about the other games though... :|

It seems to be the charity bundle season since there is now the Bundle or Wrong... Snooglebum should stay far away from this, since ALL the games are flashy explosive colors games! ;(

Although in this case the author needs money for his hospital bills....

I bought this as I didn't have any of the games, and I got a couple of e-mails over the last few days.

The first was that some of these games can now be redeemed on Steam and the second that they're also throwing the first Humble Indie Bundle in at no extra cost (unlesss you felt generous and wanted to up your donation).

A friend sent upwards of $25 or more for this and he said he received Samorost 2 for free in addition to these games for donating so much. I don't know if this happens every time.

They added the games from HIB1 if you donated over 7 bucks, so yeah.

Threw down for both the bundles even though I participated last time to get the SWEET STEAM CODES for all the games in the first bundle and most of the ones in the second. (Two aren't actually ON Steam yet, but if they get there thsy're saying they'll try to work up some codes for those too!)

I think I only ended up playing one or two games in the first humble bundle in part because after some time I was lazy and couldn't be arsed to dig up my confirmation email and custom link for the downloads. There's something blissfully, lazily grand about just ordering Steam around- "I'd like to play THIS game now, go install that crap for meh!"

Is it horrible knowing that the games being in the Steam list will increase the chances I'll play them all month from now?