toblix

Mass Effect 3

ehh, it sucks to be sure, but the pullquote is misleading as the article indicates later that it is possible to get the best ending without touching multiplayer, just that you have to do some dull missions, apparently.

It is my understanding that it is possible to get the game to unlock early by using a proxy to make it think you are in another country that has it unlocked (such as Asia and North America, so far). It will then decrypt and you can unproxy yourself for normal play, I believe.

I played the first 45 minutes or so last night, and my take away so far is that they managed to make earth being destroyed shockingly mundane. There doesn't seem to be any urgency to the situation.

They also didn't let me import my old Shepard's appearance. He was a black guy with a killer flat top and a shitty mustache. My new guy just doesn't feel like the reporter punching bad ass I grew to love in the first two games. Bad first impressions.

I played the first 45 minutes or so last night, and my take away so far is that they managed to make earth being destroyed shockingly mundane. There doesn't seem to be any urgency to the situation.

They also didn't let me import my old Shepard's appearance. He was a black guy with a killer flat top and a shitty mustache. My new guy just doesn't feel like the reporter punching bad ass I grew to love in the first two games. Bad first impressions.

My femshep was off too, but i was able to fix it pretty quickly. Yea the earth section wasn't as crazy as it should have been. I think they wanted to keep it as introductory as possible. A few of the later missions definitely have a lot more of the "barely making it out of this" feel.

Wait wait wait, what? Why? Do you have to rebuild your Shepard completely? Do they just approximate your old Shepard and say, "yeah yeah, she was blonde or something, right?"

This seems insanely cavalier.

Wait wait wait, what? Why? Do you have to rebuild your Shepard completely? Do they just approximate your old Shepard and say, "yeah yeah, she was blonde or something, right?"

This seems insanely cavalier.

There are currently bugs with the face when you import a character. I'm not sure what the set of circumstances are (I've heard ME1->ME2->ME3 is bad but there appear to be problems for others too), but basically with some characters it will just not figure out what you used to look like and you need to (try to) remake them from scratch.

That sounds pretty terrible, the only appeal of sitting through another snooze fest was to see what would happen next with the Shepard I have been carrying around on a Memory Unit since 2007-8 (seriously that Shepard has travelled with me across 3 continents).

One of the guys on Arcadian Rhythms wrote a lengthy reason as to why he was no longer interested in ME3. Haven't paid only the minimal amount of attention to the plot is it true that the plot holes in ME2 are really that bad?

That sounds pretty terrible, the only appeal of sitting through another snooze fest was to see what would happen next with the Shepard I have been carrying around on a Memory Unit since 2007-8 (seriously that Shepard has travelled with me across 3 continents).

One of the guys on Arcadian Rhythms wrote a lengthy reason as to why he was no longer interested in ME3. Haven't paid only the minimal amount of attention to the plot is it true that the plot holes in ME2 are really that bad?

BioWare is that bad at writing their last two (three if you count SWTOR) franchises, yes.

Oh dear, that is kind of sad. I thought that I was missing something in that regards as I don't really pay attention to stories in games all that much but it seems then that if you dig to deep then there are a lot of confusing issues.

Haven't paid only the minimal amount of attention to the plot is it true that the plot holes in ME2 are really that bad?

IMO, not really. I mean I don't think any of things he says about the story are untrue, I just don't feel they're as big a deal as he makes them out to be.

My only issue is their need to shoehorn in every character ever. It makes a lot more sense in ME3, but in dragon age 2 they pulled that and it was really silly, like a fanfic or something. Otherwise, I enjoyed ME2 and am enjoying ME3 plenty.

Has anyone of you received Mass Effect 3 related emails from game stores that you have registered to but whose newsletter you have never subscribed to? I have received at least three of those in the last couple of weeks. It seems quite weird, as I can't remember this happening with any other game.

I wonder exactly how much money EA is spending on making me less interested in buying this game.

My only issue is their need to shoehorn in every character ever. It makes a lot more sense in ME3, but in dragon age 2 they pulled that and it was really silly, like a fanfic or something. Otherwise, I enjoyed ME2 and am enjoying ME3 plenty.

Oh how naive you were past me. The implausibility of running into everyone ever keeps getting ratcheted up. It's still my only real problem with ME3 right now though. I'm betting this is less of a problem if you let a lot more people die in me2.

Good news. The online retailer where I order the game decided to cancel my order because they screwed up the delivery address and it bounced back to them.

Now I'm annoyed that they cancelled it, it's not their choice to do so. :(

Though I disagree (Sure, I guess those plot holes exist, but none of them bothered me at all until I read that thing. Now that I know about them, meh. Still loved ME2), I feel I should point out that you've been featured in this week's Sunday Papers. Grats!

I have now seen 2 people that died in my ME2 game alive in the world. One of them I think could have been completely ignored, and I think they left them in by accident, the other was fairly important to the main plot line. I realize it's hard to keep track of all the possible outcomes, but come on, these are core crew members that are supposed to be dead.

I have now seen 2 people that died in my ME2 game alive in the world. One of them I think could have been completely ignored, and I think they left them in by accident, the other was fairly important to the main plot line. I realize it's hard to keep track of all the possible outcomes, but come on, these are core crew members that are supposed to be dead.

That seems more like a bug than an oversight. Perhaps your save wasn't entirely read in properly or something, because all of the decisions and people alive/dead that I know of in my own game and others I've spoken to have been correctly interpreted. Again, somewhat bizarre that these bugs that affect those who have invested most in the series are slipping in though.

Starting up ME3, I realised I couldn't even remember who lived and died. I think I may be ruining things for myself by always creating a dumb-looking guy so I can tell myself I'm playing the game ironically.

I avoided the whole problem by keeping all my people alive except for one character not involved in the shooting and the space magic. So, boring scanning done ad nauseum to make sure I get all the ship upgrades for the win, it seems.

I am more than halfway through the game, I think, and it is really picking up steam. Still no ME:2, which I really really liked, but by no means a travesty on the level of Dragon Age 2. Man, that game still upsets me.

I will probably go back and play all three games back to back after this, mainly because I have been a goody two-shoes throughout and I look forward to playing this epic space trilogy as the biggest Space Asshole going.

Kind of a spoiler, I guess.

I thought it was great until that fucking ending. Way to make me feel cheated out of everything I'd done in the entire series.

Kind of a spoiler, I guess.

I thought it was great until that fucking ending. Way to make me feel cheated out of everything I'd done in the entire series.

Ending didn't bug me, also extra space points for having buzz aldrin voicing the old man in the after credits scene

Starting up ME3, I realised I couldn't even remember who lived and died. I think I may be ruining things for myself by always creating a dumb-looking guy so I can tell myself I'm playing the game ironically.

My character in Skyrim is a big cat named Mr Frisky.

COMMANDER SHEPARD! you're an avatar for the resistance, a beacon for all who fight for an uncertain tomorrow, humanity's last, best hope... you mind hopping on that turret?

Goddammit if I can't get the proper face on Sasquatch Shepard. My copy arrives some time this week.