toblix

Mass Effect 3

http://pc.ign.com/articles/114/1148845p1.html

Clint Mansell, is doing the music for ME3.

Best known for movies like Black Swan, The Fountain and Requiem for a Dream

hKLpJtvzlEI

ihF_aXi-Huk

But more importantly MOON

BtCpttsZiys

The sound design for the Mass Effect games has always been fantastic, I'm super happy right now.

Edited by Forbin

That is some sweet music alright, I didn't know he has made all those memorable soundtracks for those movies.

Too bad I don't care about Mass Effect at all...

EDIT: Wow, he also scored The Wrestler? And Doom the movie hahhah well that wasn't that good, but in The Wrestler the soundtrack fit the movie perfectly.

Edited by Kolzig

I think Clint Mansell is a good fit for the Mass Effect series. ME has its own established sound design, but I think Mansell will be able to pick it up and give it proper twist.

Today I listened to a truckload of ME songs and hotdamn it's good. Especially the first game has a few pieces that so perfectly capture the feeling of being in a lonely universe filled with sterile technology. The music from the Presidium, or the Citadel wards, and most especially inside the Normandy, is fantastic. I still think Bioware made a huge mistake by not having music in the Normandy in the second game. That really took a lot of atmosphere away from a place you're spending a lot of time in and should probably have the most distinct impression possible. Not 'in your face' style, but... well, like how Mass Effect 1 did it :tup:

Today I listened to a truckload of ME songs and hotdamn it's good. Especially the first game has a few pieces that so perfectly capture the feeling of being in a lonely universe filled with sterile technology. The music from the Presidium, or the Citadel wards, and most especially inside the Normandy, is fantastic. I still think Bioware made a huge mistake by not having music in the Normandy in the second game. That really took a lot of atmosphere away from a place you're spending a lot of time in and should probably have the most distinct impression possible. Not 'in your face' style, but... well, like how Mass Effect 1 did it :tup:

I agree with all of this.

Yes. Now that I think about it, the atmospheric soundtrack was one thing in ME1 that I preferred over ME2. I loved Moon soundtrack, though, and have high hopes for ME3.

If he isn't being serious, he must have graduated top of his glass in troll school. The other possibility is, he barely made it through high school.

ME2 isn't a kid's game. That religious nut should burn in hell forever for this depraved thoughts of corrupting his kid with satanic themes as presented in ME2.

note: I didn't read the comments because I can't figure out how Kotaku's side design works.

I would love a multiplayer mode of Mass Effect where they strip out the combat and make it into a second Life style dating scene full of awkward shot romance scenes. It would be Bioware playing to its strengths.

Delayed for larger market opportunity

Essentially, step by step, [bioWare is] adjusting some of the gameplay mechanics and some of the features that you'll see at E3 that can put this into a genre equivalent of shooter-meets-RPG, and essentially address a far larger market opportunity than Mass Effect 1 did and Mass Effect 2 began to approach.

I don't know what to think of this. Mass Effect 2, in my opinion, was for most parts a step into the right direction, but I'm not sure if I want them to go still much further into that direction. I guess they could make the action sequences more exciting and epic provided that they leave the other elements, such as exploration and character interaction, largely untouched. The combat in Mass Effect 2, after all, was very much like in your regular shooter, except that it was quite a bit more boring.

Edited by Nappi

YEA THIS MEANS MULTIPLEYAR BITCHESSSSS Bring on the deathmatch

Some have even suggested that seriously. Does multiplayer support (in a game with a single player focus) really increase sales so much that it might be worth the trouble? I haven't even touched Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood multiplayer.

Still can't imagine Mass Effect having one, though.

Some have even suggested that seriously. Does multiplayer support (in a game with a single player focus) really increase sales so much that it might be worth the trouble? I haven't even touched Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood multiplayer.

Still can't imagine Mass Effect having one, though.

Well, as I'm sure you'll agree, if it's one thing you can count on it is that developers/publishers will be able to shoehorn multiplayer into anything. It's fine, of course, they can do what they want, but I'm still wondering how well-proven the link between multiplayer and sales actually is. Obviously it depends on the genre and platform; you'd probably want multiplayer in your crazy action FPS, but I'm not so sure when it comes to RPGs. Also, when playing a game with a multiplayer community that will surely be completely non-existent after just a few months, I'm always left wondering how much better the single player game could have been if they didn't have to split their attention and resources.

Mass Effect 3 with drop-in co-op, buddies showing up to take control of your party members.

Is not a thing i would be horrified to see.

It would be kind of boring for the person not playing Shepherd though. They'd be playing through the game, only they'd never have their own story.

My ideal Mass Effect is one without any combat. I'm not holding out hope.

It would be kind of boring for the person not playing Shepherd though. They'd be playing through the game, only they'd never have their own story.

Obsidian's Dungeon Siege 3 will have drop-in co-op that lets the joiners "suggest" dialogue choices while the host has final say.

It's the kind of simple solution that might still not be ideal, but could go a long way to making something like that feel more involving.

My ideal Mass Effect is one without any combat. I'm not holding out hope.

google: "Mass effect SCUMM"

*dissapointment*

... they can do what they want, but I'm still wondering how well-proven the link between multiplayer and sales actually is. Obviously it depends on the genre and platform; you'd probably want multiplayer in your crazy action FPS, but I'm not so sure when it comes to RPGs.

I agree with this. I'm not a big multiplayer guy, but for RPGs I really don't see the appeal. It's a grand single-player experience... that's kind of the point, isn't it? If you have a friend who has the time and interest to be available as a co-op player for the majority of a 35 hour campaign fair enough, but how many people are in that position? As for an ME:3 Deathmatch type situation.... well, blurgh.

What if Mass Effect 3 was structured like X-Com? Different earth locations get attacked, you have to respond to them in time or lose support from the alliance. Research reaper tech to counter their threat.

I guess technically that's how all the other games work, save for the time sensitivity (for the most part).

As for an ME:3 Deathmatch type situation.... well, blurgh.

They will have to utterly ruin Biotic and Tech powers to make them compatible with any PvP scenario. No player will want to spend the game suspended in mid-air for half the match as they get spammed with Pull and Shockwave.

How do you fix that? Make these powers useless! Anything that immobilizes you gets thrown out or made ineffective.

Would Bioware really ruin the single-player experience in favor of some poorly-planned multiplayer deathmatch? As some guy on the Internet who has no evidence whatsoever, I say yes, yes they would.

They will have to utterly ruin Biotic and Tech powers to make them compatible with any PvP scenario. No player will want to spend the game suspended in mid-air for half the match as they get spammed with Pull and Shockwave.

How do you fix that? Make these powers useless! Anything that immobilizes you gets thrown out or made ineffective.

Would Bioware really ruin the single-player experience in favor of some poorly-planned multiplayer deathmatch? As some guy on the Internet who has no evidence whatsoever, I say yes, yes they would.

I dunno, they could use a Jedi Knight type set up, push beats choke, or taking out the guy using lift make him drop the lifted player. You might have just made me excited about the possibility that there could be Mass Effect Multiplayer.

Yeah Jedi Knight 2 was prettymuch the way to pull that off.