Orv

V The Elder Scrolls

Do I need to keep the dragon scales and bones from that first dragon for anything? Or are there enough dragons around later on when you actually do need them that it doesn't matter if I don't hang onto this first set?

They're heavy and my mage is weak. So far, I've been offloading stuff on Lydia while around town, but I kind of don't want her to come along adventuring because I'm afraid she's squishy and I'd rather not be responsible for her death.

Just sell them. I think you can use them to eventually make dragon armor if you put the right perks into smithing, but they seem to otherwise be useless.

Additionally, though the frequency is very low, the dragons do spawn infinitely, so it's not a precious resource.

Also, i seem to have encountered a bug where arrows are not properly fading from my character, so i've spent a few hours running around with an arrow in my gut.

Do I need to keep the dragon scales and bones from that first dragon for anything? Or are there enough dragons around later on when you actually do need them that it doesn't matter if I don't hang onto this first set?

They're heavy and my mage is weak. So far, I've been offloading stuff on Lydia while around town, but I kind of don't want her to come along adventuring because I'm afraid she's squishy and I'd rather not be responsible for her death.

I don't think you have to worry about the bones, I've collected tonnes from killing random dragons and there's no difference. You really should sell them as quick as possible because they are so damn heavy.

And, AFAIK, companions cant be killed on missions (except if you keep hitting them). Usually they just go down on one knee for a while then pop back up fine and dandy. So, feel free to throw Lydia into pits of acid and whatnot.

Ok, so this happened tonight:

I found some cabin in the mountains. Locked. I waited till dawn. Still nobody around. To hell with it, I want to see what's inside. Inside I was greeted by a bandit. So I cut him down. I found a lot of stuff in that house. It was filled with things. But he... what's this? A hidden passage behind a closet. Awesome!

So I found a bandit lair, lots of treasures. Excellent.

Loaded with stuff from the bandit hideout I left the house, only to be scared shitless by a giant frost spider that was right in front of my nose. So I insta killed that sucker. Only to be surprised by a frigging dragon. So a nice dragon fight followed. Luckily some nearby bandits and animals distracted the dragon a couple of times allowing be extra time to take it down. Success! Dragon slain. Time to continue my travels. ... what the... A headless horsemen ghost!? ... it's passing me without even looking at me ... erm ... noticing me. So... ok... on with my travels.

Oh look, it's a dog. Hello doggy. "Hello." What!? It talks, and wants me to follow him.

Yeah... that was an interesting session. Tomorrow I'm going to find out what the dog wants.

And, AFAIK, companions cant be killed on missions (except if you keep hitting them). Usually they just go down on one knee for a while then pop back up fine and dandy. So, feel free to throw Lydia into pits of acid and whatnot.

That's good to know, although I worry about friendly fire. I've been flame throwering everything so far which I'm not so sure would bode so well for her if she charges in for melee.

That's good to know, although I worry about friendly fire. I've been flame throwering everything so far which I'm not so sure would bode so well for her if she charges in for melee.

It doesn't seem to matter. I've hit a few friendlies in the swinging madness of 2h melee, and they've even gone so far as to aggro on me. But once you put away your weapons they leave you alone.

I said I wasn't going to get the new year as I'm at a critical point in my career. I'm about to leave my job for the freelance life and I'm currently doing full-time and freelance work in the evenings. So...

I now have a house in Whiterun, 2 dragons under my belt and last night I got so drunk in the Bannered Mare I ended up the other side of Skyrim unaware of the previous nights events. It appears goats and giants were involved and I may be married.

I love this game.

I now have a house in Whiterun, 2 dragons under my belt and last night I got so drunk in the Bannered Mare I ended up the other side of Skyrim unaware of the previous nights events. It appears goats and giants were involved and I may be married.

For real? That would be awesome. Must try that.

So I followed that talking dog. And what followed didn't become less weird. It was an interesting set of quests. The only regret I have is completing the quest. The dog was a very useful companion.

Aaargh.. After watching the GiantBomb Video Review/Quicklook, I desperately want play this game, which is quite unfortunate because I was hoping that this would be one of the few things that I would not have any interest at all and therefore couldn't drag all my spare time away from me. Oh well.. Maybe I will get this on January, when I start with my Master's. What could possibly go wrong.

So I followed that talking dog. And what followed didn't become less weird. It was an interesting set of quests. The only regret I have is completing the quest. The dog was a very useful companion.

That quest was fun. But also the dog made the game super easy since everything would prefer to attack him, and he can't die.

Also, the dog and his master both had the most over the top and silly accents ever, which only made it better.

Yeah, this is such a big game, people aren't going to see all or even most of it for a very long time, so let's be judicious about spoiler tags.

Cock fuckering shit cock!

The PC version has now disappeared from the local retailer's website where I saw it before. So has the PS3 version for some reason.

Another store's website shows a fucking Russian language version (priced at 15€ btw, as Russian games are always way cheaper).

I'm still willing to wait a bit to see how this resolves (I will probably ask the local retailer), but looks like I might have to go through some hoops to get it (ordering from abroad; pirating and donating the money to Mojang, the creators of the game; using some kind of VPN trick to unlock it in Steam or another digital service)

Brannigan, use spoiler tags

Aww but you didn't! I just wanted to be cool like you! I almost did actually, but I figured I really wasn't saying much about it.

Yea, well now I know there's something something with a dog! Thanks a lot you inconsiderate jerk!

Yea, well now I know there's something something with a dog! Thanks a lot you inconsiderate jerk!

You find him in a place! oh god i can't stop

You find him in a place! oh god i can't stop

You have the taste for it now. There is no cure.

Soon you'll be streaking through book shops shouting (incredibly well known Harry Potter spoiler)

DUMBLEDORE DIES

!

I wasn't going to use spoiler tags there but you never know, SOMEONE might not have heard.

Aww but you didn't! I just wanted to be cool like you! I almost did actually, but I figured I really wasn't saying much about it.

My post didn't contain any spoilers. [spoilers]But you mentioned the god was immortal. I didn't know that until I was fighting a dragon. The dragon was trying to create a hot dog, and failed of course. For me there was still a chance that the dog would die and the quest would fail.

I only mentioned a talking dog which had an interesting but also a bit weird quest attached to it's tail.

Btw... is it normal that dragons attack only when you're more or less in the middle of a fight? Because so far dragon only attacked me while I was fighting other things. I've had dragons circle me a couple of times without attacking me, and while that happened I wasn't fighting anything.

My post didn't contain any spoilers. [spoilers]But you mentioned the god was immortal. I didn't know that until I was fighting a dragon. The dragon was trying to create a hot dog, and failed of course. For me there was still a chance that the dog would die and the quest would fail.

I only mentioned a talking dog which had an interesting but also a bit weird quest attached to it's tail.

Btw... is it normal that dragons attack only when you're more or less in the middle of a fight? Because so far dragon only attacked me while I was fighting other things. I've had dragons circle me a couple of times without attacking me, and while that happened I wasn't fighting anything.

I've loaded into in an area and immediately gotten a free hot shower of fire several times now, they can just aggro on to you.

I seem to have, in recent days, encountered a lot more dragons upon exiting interior instances into Skyrim.

The best way to get a dragon to land is to move to an area where the dragon can land. If this is in an exterior town, they can land on a lot of larger buildings Dawnstar has had the company of three separate dragon attacks while I've been there, and they all tend to land on the inn. I've lost a dragon to being on the bridge into Windhelm because it targeted a guard on there and couldn't get to him.

Best advice to luring dragons, get to an open area about 10'x10'. I have yet to manage to land an arrow/spell on a actively flying one. Also,

if you do the Dark Brotherood all the way through (well, most) you get to have Shadowmere and he is such a good dragon distraction it's hilarious.

I also had a Blood Dragon attack me between the College and

Ysgerim's Tomb

and it landed to attack something I couldn't see. It got destroyed in a matter of seconds while I was dealing with a bear, and when I went to find the body whatever killed it was long gone. I'm a little scared that there's some murderous super-being wandering the north-eastern wastes of Skyrim now.

@Elmuerte, yeah for real! I won't say any more about it though. What happened that night is between me and my pal Sam. I will say that that quest line is epic.

That reminds me, is anyone else here not using fast travel at all? I made a decision early on to never use it as my main enjoyment from this series comes from the random stuff that happens or is found between places. It does mean I haven't reached many of the big places yet but all those bandit lairs and crypts nearby? They have been stripped.

I look forward to the dog in that place.

That reminds me, is anyone else here not using fast travel at all? I made a decision early on to never use it as my main enjoyment from this series comes from the random stuff that happens or is found between places. It does mean I haven't reached many of the big places yet but all those bandit lairs and crypts nearby? They have been stripped.

Early on i had convinced myself that i wouldn't fast travel, and though that hasn't really happened, i still try to travel on foot when questing and exploring. (It's the trips to offload loot that i make exceptions for.)

There's a lot of diverse terrain in this game, it makes on-foot travel much more interesting than Oblivion's fairly uniform plains and forests did.

If you want to do a no fast-travel rule, buy a horse.

Or have a companion to treat like a pack mule.

Or make exception for the carts? (Morrowind style fast-travel!)

I had a nice stroll today on the North-West coast of Skyrim after finishing the Dark Brotherhood quests. Fair warning on the DB: You thought them skinning Vicenti was fucked up? You ain't seen nothin' yet.

I'm continually amazed by how well crafted this world is. I hate trolls, but they're less of problem when you can do x30 backstab damage. :grin:

Something's really been bugging me. The first corpse I looted in this game, gave me the best helmet I've seen the entire playthrough so far. I know loot distribution in a non-linear game can be a bit hard to manage, but why do so many RPGs ignore that certain pieces of gear have much more significance than others. The helmet is the most visible piece of gear, and other than weapons it's the most important loot.