Sign in to follow this  
Thompson

Jonathan Frakes Is The Devil (The funniest QL)

Watch until the end, or Jonathan Frakes will possess your soul.

The one below is actually a spoiler, don't click that one until you've seen the video.

It would be hilarious if a modern multiplayer game using a webcam, Kinect, PS Eye/Move performed like Frakes while the main player was looking away from the screen. They are told to turn around, and when they do, a character makes threating gestures and message boxes, everybody is yelling at the player to turn around and when they do they just see the character sitting there waiting for the next move. (Not my words, that was "yaos" from GB forums)

EDIT:

Shortcut

UJ4MTSPWicE

Edited by Thompson

Hahaha.. awesome! :tup:

(Skip forward to 27:00)

Thanks! I completely missed it the first time I skimmed through the video.

(Skip forward to 27:00)

Don't forget to make a stopover at 17:38 following.

On a personal note:

I wish I had been able to skip Joe Piscopo. I don't know anything about him beside this video, but he is so bloody annoying here. His mannerisms, his facial expressions, his head-wiggle. Almost intolerable.

That is. . .I really don't know how to describe that.

I now admire Jonathan Frakes even more.

No, I gladly watched for about 15 minutes, the Giant Bomb guys are funny. Then I just started skipping and rather accidentally visited the right, devil spot.

I guess it's just me, but listening to averagely funny people make each other laugh is my idea of hell (unless I'm one of the averagely funny people).

Rodi: Where's your avatar from? It looks like a Mike Mignola drawing, but I've never come across it.

It depends, Thunderpeel, on the level of douchyness of the guys. But these people sounded like fun guys, not unlike listening to Idle Thumbs people having fun.

And yes, that's Emperor Zombie :tup:

Sure, they sounded like fun guys, but it's just my idea of hell... Probably why I never liked the podcast. Not any issues with Chris, Nick or Jake, just my own personal resistance to undisciplined rambling.

I saw Amazing Screw-On Head in my local comics shop and it looked beautiful. I really wish I'd picked it up.

Damn, I was going to make that my avatar, but it wouldn't be so funny now that it's been pointed out...

I saw Amazing Screw-On Head in my local comics shop and it looked beautiful. I really wish I'd picked it up.

There are copies on ebay, but the prices are way up. It's just been reissued as part of a larger book with other Mignola stuff, and it looks like you can get that for about the price the original comic is fetching. It galls me a little that there's no more Screw on Head in that, as apparently the next few stories were roughed out at the time of the pilot.

I heartily recommend the DVD. You might have to rip and reburn if you don't have anything that plays region 1 discs, and the framerate is cruddy as it's a pilot, but it's so stylised it doesn't really matter. The voice talent they assembled for it is phenomenal. David Hyde Pierce as Emperor Zombie!

Edited by Nachimir

I heartily recommend the DVD. You might have to rip and reburn if you don't have anything that plays region 1 discs, and the framerate is cruddy as it's a pilot, but it's so stylised it doesn't really matter. The voice talent they assembled for it is phenomenal. David Hyde Pierce as Emperor Zombie!

This is all pretty interesting... I saw the hardcover of the Screw on Head, but it was too expensive to justify a whim purchase, despite how incredible it looked. It was in with the new releases, so I assumed this was a new character. I remember thinking, "Wow! Mignola's somehow improved."

But now it sounds like it's something that came out a while ago that's just been reissued? And also turned into a TV show? And also abandoned by its author... It's all too much! (I'll look it up, I guess!)

Edit: Found it. What a great Adult Swim cartoon this would make. I guess it was too expensive. Now I need that comic book before I can watch the rest of this...

_64GdGhuOkU

There are some differences between the two. Personally I prefer the animation, but maybe that's because I saw that before reading the comic.

I heartily recommend the DVD. You might have to rip and reburn if you don't have anything that plays region 1 discs.

? Just noticed this. Surely just using VLC player is an easier solution to ripping and reburning a DVD?

Maybe now. At the time, it wasn't. Possibly something to do with Ubuntu being difficult and VLC being shit on OS X at the time, but I don't remember exactly. I spent a while trying to get it to play on various OSes and DVD players, then just ripped.

Wow. I've got stacks of Region 1 DVDs, never had to rip and reburn (thankfully!). I used to hack my DVD drive BIOS, though. It's a pretty simple procedure... but there's a danger of bricking it if you do it wrong. Can't remember if I've done it with this computer, though.

There's also AnyDVD, a bit of software that you can buy that sits between everything and says, "Ok to play!". Works with Bluray, too. (Might be of use to anyone interested in this conversation :)).

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Gosh, in London, but Orbital and Forbidden Planet are about as close, I guess. Whereabouts are you, Mr. Ben?

I'm in North London, but Gosh is the place I go too. I had a couple of shitty experiences there and probably would have stopped going if I'd found a better alternative and Page 45 hadn't recommended them so much (and that hot goth didn't work there). Thankfully since then they've been lovely.

It's round the corner from the British Comic Museum, you been there? I went when they had a massive Viz exhibition, it was pretty cool.