Tanukitsune

Indie Advent Calendar!

I know I should have posted this on the first day of December, but I thought everybody knew about this...

Mission in Snowdriftland is an indie game... about indie games?

I know the little snowman is from another game, but I can't remember the name! But the bad game of his game has stolen a bunch of indie games which the snowman must rescue!

Since it's an advent calender each day a new stage unlocks, and when you beat a level, you get goodies from the game you "rescued"... OK, it's usually silly wallpapers and icons, but sometimes you get soundtracks and they claim that if you collect ALL the snow flakes in all levels you'll get a SUPER goodie.... I'm addicted to collecting shinies, so I don't mind...:gaming:

I'm tempted to make my own advent calendar based on games, but I have the feeling it would be douchy move, even though I'd be doing it to show the internet, not him how ridiculous you are for getting excited about this, I could show you 1000 more deserving video game related calendars!

WHAT THE :cens0r: IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS!?

Have I become the laughing stock of the forums and you're trying to get me to leave or something?

I'm serious, this is ridiculous! I can't make a thread or post without being made fun of!

Have I become the laughing stock of the forums and you're trying to get me to leave or something?

Don't worry Tanukitsune, we still love you!

You get excited about games that leave me puzzled, but that's to be expected because you play a lot of games and you manage to wring enjoyment out of even the most dubious-looking projects. I don't think that's a fault at all.

Meanwhile, I don't even play games anymore. I just watch "One Chance Tool-Assisted Speedrun" videos on YouTube.

WHAT THE :cens0r: IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS!?

I'm serious, this is ridiculous! I can't make a thread or post without being made fun of!

I didn't want make you nervous because you didn't have anything to worry about.

Besides, this'll allow you to become part of idlethumbs culture. You know, like Ziggy, the guy that can cite various text adventures from memory.

What am I? Tanu, the guy who can never complain? Tanu, the guy we love to troll because we want to see him cry? Tanu, the person who we hope will need therapy in a few months? Tanu, the guy who can't understand this forum is now 40% more 4chan-ish that before? Tanu, never forgive him, never forget him?

Once someone hacked the forums and changed the avatar into kittens, my cat just died, so they changed it back.... I bet if it happened now you'd replaced the kitten pictures with pictures of Zippo cat....

What I am trying to say is that you're upsetting me for real and I actually feel hurt FOR REAL! I'm not trying to be funny, am I visibly HURT, dammit!

Take it easy, Tanukitsune. Don't worry about elmuerte, I don't know what he's on about. Nobody is after you.

Yeah, we're obviously only using you as a decoy to keep toblix from realizing we're after him.

Sorry that you are getting upset, as the only person I know who actually enjoyed Sonic 2006 I would hate to see you leave.

Doesn't Elmuerte just have a tendency to post stuff like that?

Also, ouch, you had to go with 4chan? Couldn't we have sunk as low as, say, Joystiq comment threads first?

Dude, the last video I saw posted here had GIANT PUPPY DONGS!

Maybe this was just a series of unfortunate events, like the thing that stared this whole debacle....

Doesn't Elmuerte just have a tendency to post stuff like that?

Yes he does. I've seen him do it more than once. I think he thinks he's funny.

On a related note. I like the music in that flash game (the level music). But the game itself is a bit annoying. Stoopid water.

Take it easy, dude, I think you're getting far too sensitive. There's no ill will against you here, I'm sure. We Idle Thumbers expect folk to take a little playful banter, that's all. It's all done in good humour. Nobody wants you to leave and I don't think anyone is ganging up on you... this is just par for the course.

It's not mean spirited. This forum is a love fest, really.

(Just look at the tag cloud. Toblix once posted a thread about how he wasn't going to complain about games ever again... So then it became a running joke to put "Toblix complains" in every thread he posted in. It wasn't hateful. We all love Toblix. He just set himself up for a joke.)

Footnote

Disclaimer about me: If you think someone having a different opinion to you is an attack against you, personally, then maybe this isn't the forum for you (or, at the very least, maybe I'm not the type of forum-poster for you).

If I argue with something you've said, it's got nothing to do with the fact that you wrote it, or my feelings about you as a person, it's just a reaction to what you've written (unless I'm making a joke). Nothing more than that.

I don't get how someone can take a difference in thinking as a slight against them as a human being (unless that "difference in thinking" appears disingenuous and/or resorts to personal attacks, I guess). Thinking otherwise seems completely irrational to me, and I hope it does to you, too. I have friends who sit completely at polar opposites to me in terms of politics and religion, but I still love them. I think the world would be a very boring place if we all agreed on everything!

So if I argue with something you've posted it's because I genuinely (and with as much consideration as possible) disagree. It's got nothing to do with how I feel about you as a person. I have not an ill thought or feeling against a single member of this forum, including you. (Well, except Toblix.

That was a joke.

)

If I rib you about something, it's done in the spirit of bonhomie, and I'm sure that's the same for everyone else here, too.

There's a really nice bunch of people on this forum, I hope you'll stick around and join us. (And maybe not take things so much to heart in the future.)

PS - I hate you.

See! That was a joke!

Footnote II

There's also this.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Frankly I never saw Toblix as a negative person either, maybe the others are just projecting? :blink:

I don't think anybody is out to get me, but I do think this isn't "joshing", this is "button pushing"....

There is difference between: "Oh, Tanu, you play such terrible games!" to "You were a total douche for doing that Mega Man thing! HA HA!"

This has nothing to do with opinions, but when someone says "For the Love of God, stop doing that, it's really upsetting me, and I'm not kidding or trying to make some witty joke" you probably should stop...

If you insist in bringing up the sprite thing can you at least skip the "douchebag" part?

Frankly I never saw Toblix as a negative person either, maybe the others are just projecting? :blink:

I don't think anybody is out to get me, but I do think this isn't "joshing", this is "button pushing"....

There is difference between: "Oh, Tanu, you play such terrible games!" to "You were a total douche for doing that Mega Man thing! HA HA!"

This has nothing to do with opinions, but when someone says "For the Love of God, stop doing that, it's really upsetting me, and I'm not kidding or trying to make some witty joke" you probably should stop...

If you insist in bringing up the sprite thing can you at least skip the "douchebag" part?

You see... Nobody actually wrote the stuff you're quoting. That's your interpretation of what they wrote... If you're asking people to stop doing something that they weren't doing in the first place... you may be waiting a very long time. Also, if someone IS pushing your buttons, it's a lot healthier for your own sanity to either a) Walk away, or B) Contact that person in private and ask them about it.

And to be fair, like Toblix with his "I will never, ever, criticise a game again" promise, you've just set yourself up for a few falls.

I think the fact that a ton of people have come forward to offer support should show that they care... Far more than in most forums. In most forums you'd get people going for the really obvious put downs or just ignoring you. At least we make an effort here :)

Also: See Footnote II. (You're not alone in thinking this place is hostile, although dammit, I'd swear we've gotten better.)

I think ThunderPeel2001 said it best. I personally write on this forum exactly in the same bullshit, tongue-in-cheek, jokingly, non-sense (meme) driven, sarcastic tone, that the Podcast maintained because I absolutely love it... which is why I am on the forums to begin with.

I think probably a lot of people do the same which is why nobody can ever forget the Mega Man thing. It's just so easy. If somebody made fun on me on this forum I probably wouldn't think anything of it for that same reason... although everybody just ignores me because I am new on the forums anyways :getmecoat. I think it's quite hilarious actually, I don't think anybody is pushing your buttons, I think they are creating a meme out of you, a Mega-Meme as it were (I am too funny).

Maybe I'm wrong for interpreting the quoting of "That would be a douchy move" as saying "It WAS a douchy move"...:getmecoat

I'm pretty sure that guide was being sarcastic, nobody here actually picks on newbs, insults each other, etc, etc... except for the sarcasm, which is usually not understood because sarcasm translates horribly on the web....:erm:

Maybe I'm wrong for interpreting the quoting of "That would be a douchy move" as saying "It WAS a douchy move"...:getmecoat

I'm pretty sure that guide was being sarcastic, nobody here actually picks on newbs, insults each other, etc, etc... except for the sarcasm, which is usually not understood because sarcasm translates horribly on the web....:erm:

/BenStein

Well just because no-one loves you, is that a reason to get so angry?

/BenStein

Tanu, to be perfectly honest I'm a bit of a dick, but I managed to ingratiate myself with our forum overlords enough that I haven't been hammered in the face. I don't think there's anyone on here that logs on to ruin someones day, or make serious disparaging remarks. They're all here to carry on the gigantic BS fest that was the podcast, or, if they were here before, because they can put up with the new people.

No-one's out to get you, they're just out to make you think that.

But not really that either.

Frankly, I don't think anybody is out to get... anymore, but let me recap the situation:

-I was vulnerable, but sensible enough to ask for advice before making a bad decision, some were sincere, but some encouraged me to make this bad decision.

-People laugh at the decision I made, I feel hurt and tricked.

-People can't get over the fact that I get over the fact that I feel hurt and tricked.

The main point being that I feel like I was.. well, tricked isn't accurate, but some people certainly wanted me to make this bad decision.

If I had made this decision entirely by my own, I wouldn't be this peeved... :I

If we can get back to main topic, for some strange reason, the first levels are ridiculously frustrating compared the second world, which is almost too easy...

I'm really curious to find out what the grand prize will be if you collect all the flakes, they are already giving out soundtracks, so that can't be it, a free game might be too much, so maybe... discount codes? :erm: