ThunderPeel2001

Double Fine's next new game announced: "Stacking"

Everybody moaned and complained about DeathSpank and it came out... Nobody is saying these games WON'T come out for PC, they're just playing it safe after nearly going bankrupt a bunch of times.

Everybody moaned and complained about DeathSpank and it came out... Nobody is saying these games WON'T come out for PC, they're just playing it safe after nearly going bankrupt a bunch of times.

Wouldn't putting a smaller game like this on more digital download platforms make them more money, especially an established one like Steam?

All that being said, it looks like it could be quite the interesting game. Russian dolls (I don't know their proper name) is quite the choice for characters and gameplay elements.

It's the publisher's money. They probably want to put it out on console's first to see if it sells, and only put it out on PC if it does. That way the title stays in the news for longer too.

Russian dolls (I don't know their proper name)

Not sure how to spell it in Latin, Matryoshka I guess.

Матрёшка (matrjoška) is the Russian original word for those. I knew my Russian course would come handy someday!

It is really weird that the wave of the press following the game announcement has generally sounded like this:

Small Game with Inventive Gameplay Not a Good Fit for PC Market, Claims Veteran Developer Tim Schafer.

<Quote some statements that Tim made on the subject>

<Maybe drop a line or conduct a short phone interview to clarify>

<Express further confusion, concede that there have to be some unknown unknowns somewhere in this freak curiosity of DF behavior>

And in closing, Double Fine is responsible for the recently released Costume Quest
<link>
, the troubled epic Brutal Legend
<link>
, and the recently announced Stacking
<link>
, coming soon to a console digital distribution network near you.

You know that after the game was announced, he was inundated with inquiries about PC ports and had to link everyone to a FAQ, to make the world stop pestering him.