Sign in to follow this  
LOPcagney

Deus Ex 3...

This could be continued here.

I predict I will play Deus Ex in 2015, if I have played Deus Ex 1 & 2 before that. So far that has not happened. :tdown:

Edited by Kolzig

This could be continued here.

I predict I will play Deus Ex in 2015, if I have played Deus Ex 1 & 2 before that. So far that has not happened. :tdown:

There isn't a good reason for playing Deus Ex 2.

+1 for merging the threads.

I loved Deus Ex 1... and I couldn't believe how prescient it was about 9/11. Ok, so the details were quite a bit different, BUT: A world gone anti-terrorist crazy after a surprise attack on a New York landmark? Not a million miles away from the mark.

I've love to play it again with new skins and models, it's dated pretty badly now.

Stun gun and crossbow ftw! :tup:

Having not touched a Deus Ex game yet (except for a demo of the second game which I couldn't get to work), this is exactly how I hoped Deus Ex 3 to be like: awesome music, gritty voice acting, ridiculous amounts of gadgets, dark atmosphere, etc. Even the color palette seems fitting to me, although I complained about it in the other thread (soon to be merged, I hope). I really hope this will turn out good, because I don't think I can force myself to play the original games anymore.

I'm pretty sure this game will rape my laptop through all its holes though. :(

I loved Deus Ex 1... and I couldn't believe how prescient it was about 9/11. Ok, so the details were quite a bit different, BUT: A world gone anti-terrorist crazy after a surprise attack on a New York landmark? Not a million miles away from the mark.

Actually, there are no WTCs in Deus Ex's NYC skyline. I don't think it's mentioned anywhere in the game, but a designer explained that it was due to technical limits (something with skyboxes and whatever) so they just handwaved it by saying they had been destroyed in a terrorist attack as well.