Tanukitsune

I am disappoint with the internet... Sprite spite!

I do hope you're laughing at the thought of me and ElMuerte having super sexy fun times and not at my rantings...

That's correct. I never intentionally insult anyone...I mean, who the hell am I anyway? I hope my posts weren't offensive to you...I assumed you were upset about this guy's fan art and couldn't understand what the big deal was...but I guess that's not the case (?). You have as much right to rant as anyone else and I wouldn't oppose that...I only seek to understand.

Great before reading that before I though some were laughing at me, now I feel like I'm being full blown trolled... :I

The tags aren't helping either...

Get back to your sprites!

I only put "encouraging/discouraging" to acknowledge their freedom of choice.

I think you're terribly overreacting - it's just a neat thing to see, and people like Mega Man.

That said, if you, in your rage, decide to make more neat things, then that's cool, too.

Also, sprite comics are not the same thing as what is happening here. Sprite comics were lame and stupid because they were lame and stupid not because they used sprites. I still think 8-bit Theater is hilarious (although, to be fair, it does take way too long to get to the point where it's more than just lame jokes about Final Fantasy).

Tanukitsune, it came over as much of your rage directed at him, rather than blogs. You don't have to diminish his 200 sprites to slag off the blogs who lazily copy paste stuff from each other. I totally agree with you on those.

I think you're terribly overreacting - it's just a neat thing to see, and people like Mega Man.

That said, if you, in your rage, decide to make more neat things, then that's cool, too.

:tup:

Every time I look at elmuerte's avatar I think about how it would be to be swept up in his bulging arms and taken away to his lair.

All this mining has a positive effect on my figure.

Also, I don't have a lair, but a great hill side manor, and a house on the haunted hill.

If you guys are actually serious about me doing more sprites, I'm calling it a day for now... It's really late over here... :I

If you guys are actually serious about me doing more sprites, I'm calling it a day for now... It's really late over here... :I

Most if not all of us will probably exist tomorrow and the day after that...

I'm actually scheduled to die in four hours and twenty-seven minutes. ):

Talk about taking something way too far, Tanukitsune :violin:! The funny thing is about this whole thing is I heard about this like 2 months ago - although at that time he had many less sprites - maybe that made it less viral-worthy? I think he deserves some merit, that still is a lot of work - no matter how easy it is to do. Also, you should blow up the sprites on your site (while preserving pixels). Somebody should do his exact same thing, but like Super Mario Bros. style, or like Zelda style (Zelda II, ofcourse) and be internet-famous.

Why are so many people using the "But he made SOOOO MANY!" argument? Since when does quantity matter more than quality?

If I wrote a terrible novel a month would that make me more noteworthy than the person who does a great one but takes a year?

The ones I've done so far were done in MINUTES! I spent more time looking for references than actually making them!

I'm not saying what he did sucks, but now that I'm doing my own... I don't know why it took him that look him that look to make them!

My advice at this point would be to drop it, let it go, relax, breathe and move onto to something far, far more important. :tup:

Yes, something like making Rocket Knight, and then some Sonic 3 & Knuckles sprites. Maybe throw in the cast of Shining Force if you're hurting for ideas.

Yes, something like making Rocket Knight, and then some Sonic 3 & Knuckles sprites. Maybe throw in the cast of Shining Force if you're hurting for ideas.

That guy already did Sonic & Knuckles, but I'm sure I'll do Rocket Knight eventually... And I might do Jogurt, he already has a Mega Man helmet on him! XD

My advice at this point would be to drop it, let it go, relax, breathe and move onto to something far, far more important. :tup:

no no no no!

you should beat the crap out of his 200 sprites, go for the 2000

I thought you wanted to prove something to yourself.

I know I can do it... I could probably do 200 in a weekend, but I just don't think it's worth my time, it was an experiment.. the only challenge in doing them is running out of characters....

If you want a request I MIGHT do it... XP

Wow, some of these are painful to look at... So?

Are you surprised this got a ton of views on DA? :erm:

What, you think I'm a baby and that I'll get upset and try to imitate him? Call me when he gets a TV show based on this, THEN I'll be upset! :getmecoat

Some of those are incredibly dumb, specifically the ones that are just logo treatments that have been cut out. They aren't even curved to look like they are on the front of a toadstool.

The Mickey Mouse one is the worst.

I'm also kinda half and half on whether faces should be incorporated into the face of the mushroom or just placed on top. I think they would look better as an altered face, but then what would you put for the top? I guess you could do more stylistic stuff, like a web pattern for Spidey's toad hat...

What, you think I'm a baby and that I'll get upset and try to imitate him?

Not a baby, but yes, order me 1000 of these. Quantity over quality of course!

If you had payed attention you would know better why I got upset, and that I got over it.... can you get over the fact that I'm over it? :blink: