Tanukitsune

I am disappoint with the internet... Sprite spite!

Maybe make the image links working, because none of them do for me.

What's up with the petty "this is nothing special, why is this getting attention!?" ? That's what it comes across as to me, but let's see if you can do 500 then.

Yesterday I saw the sprites for the first time, featured in a news on

GamesRadar

I liked what I saw and decided to choose the megamanesque Indiana Jones as my new Steam avatar. I named him "Mega Jones" (witty), wrote a one-liner into my profile which goes "We named the dog 'Mega'" (gettit? Imsocleverandfunny) and also mentioned the creator's name next to the image out of respect (maybe too much respect???). I was happy.

And today I read your thread and must realize that my idea is the result of promotional gleichschaltung, that my taste is more mainstream than I could have ever imagined (in my worst nightmares). My happiness? Gone... ;(

Maybe make the image links working, because none of them do for me.

What's up with the petty "this is nothing special, why is this getting attention!?" ? That's what it comes across as to me, but let's see if you can do 500 then.

You would have freaked out a little too if you had seen so many sites mention him so close one to another...

By the way.... This guy must have a Google Alert on everything Mega Man related because he already discovered my Tumblr... He said "Rock on!"... I don't know what to think anymore... He seems nice buy kinda creepy at the same time? :blink:

I guess you're right... Is there anything else I've overlooked?:erm:

Maybe posting an enlarged version of the sprites? They're kinda small. They are pretty cool though, ToeJam is my favorite so far.

omg....

I want to interview you

;)

No way, some nutjob on the Internet will throw a hissy fit and then whine about it on his favorite gaming forum! :I

You would have freaked out a little too if you had seen so many sites mention him so close one to another...

Hahahahaha. Frankly, it seems like business as usual. Gaming websites/blogs usually just report what other gaming websites/blogs are reporting.

Five bucks says elmuerte and Tanukitsune will have made love by the end of 2010.

This is the post that this thread needed, methinks. For more in this vein, one can read The Advanced Genius Theory by Jason Hartley and Pragmatism: A Reader edited by Louis Menand.

On a vaguely related note, I've just realized that while I don't like Dave Eggers, I probably feel that way in order to be cool or something. Dave Eggers very directly inspired a close friend of mine to open a writing center for kids in my hometown in which I was very active and which meant a great deal to me, so I should definitely appreciate him at least a little bit.

Five bucks says elmuerte and Tanukitsune will have made love by the end of 2010.

Do they have a history of this kind of virtual high-fiving? I think it would be awesome if Idle Thumbs played a prominent role in two people falling in love.

This is the post that this thread needed, methinks. For more in this vein, one can read The Advanced Genius Theory by Jason Hartley and Pragmatism: A Reader edited by Louis Menand.

On a vaguely related note, I've just realized that while I don't like Dave Eggers, I probably feel that way in order to be cool or something. Dave Eggers very directly inspired a close friend of mine to open a writing center for kids in my hometown in which I was very active and which meant a great deal to me, so I should definitely appreciate him at least a little bit.

I don't see the relevance... what does selling out have to do with anything? We're both doing it for fun and I'm pretty sure I won't get fame from, I'm more likely to get flamed?:erm:

I don't see the relevance... what does selling out have to do with anything? We're both doing it for fun

Oh...I thought you were serious about lamenting this guy's work, in which case I thought you were making a big deal out of something that really didn't matter in any way.

We're both doing it for fun

I thought you were doing it in a spiteful rage to show him what's what.

Impression: CORRECTED

Do they have a history of this kind of virtual high-fiving? I think it would be awesome if Idle Thumbs played a prominent role in two people falling in love.

Do you think I'm that easy? He'd better serenade me with some chip tunes and bring me a bouquet of fire flowers first! :ancient:

Every time I look at elmuerte's avatar I think about how it would be to be swept up in his bulging arms and taken away to his lair.

Oh...I thought you were serious about lamenting this guy's work, in which case I thought you were making a big deal out of something that really didn't matter in any way.

I was more surprised to see the Internet reacting to his work, than of his work...

I thought you were doing it in a spiteful rage to show him what's what.

Impression: CORRECTED

Dude, he encouraged me to do it... Which is weird...

Two of the funniest posts I've seen on Idle Thumbs are above this post. Also....Tanukitsune...What the hell is your avatar from, I want to EXPERIENCE that cactus...

I totally appreciate Tanukitsune's frustrations. It seems to me that somewhere during this discussion his irritation with lazy blogs has been twisted into him supposedly hating the guy who made the sprites. I don't think that's the case, afterall: Lazy blogs who make "news" of nothing, and just copy each other, ARE annoying.

Whether you consider the creation of 200 sprites to be newsworthy is really where this discussion should be at, not attacking Tanukitsune, IMHO.

Either that, or just encouraging/discouraging Mr. T to make more sprites.

Two of the funniest posts I've seen on Idle Thumbs are above this post. Also....Tanukitsune...What the hell is your avatar from, I want to EXPERIENCE that cactus...

I do hope you're laughing at the thought of me and ElMuerte having super sexy fun times and not at my rantings...

The cactus is from Girls with Slingshots.

I totally appreciate Tanukitsune's frustrations. It seems to me that somewhere during this discussion his irritation with lazy blogs has been twisted into him supposedly hating the guy who made the sprites. I don't think that's the case, afterall: Lazy blogs who make "news" of nothing, and just copy each other, ARE annoying.

Whether you consider the creation of 200 sprites to be newsworthy is really where this discussion should be at, not attacking Tanukitsune, IMHO.

Either that, or just encouraging/discouraging Mr. T to make more sprites.

Great before reading that before I though some were laughing at me, now I feel like I'm being full blown trolled... :I

The tags aren't helping either...

Edited by Tanukitsune