pabosher

GTA V - Female Lead Character

Rockstar are well-known for choosing main characters that go against the norm for their GTA titles. CJ, Nico, Luis to name just three. I was listening to an episode of Thumbs the other day, and it occured to me 'What would it be like if GTA V's lead character was female?'

Just curious as to what you guys think. :)

Well, first of all a big fat fuck you for making me think this was some real news on GTA V. Second, it would probably be pretty cool, though I wouldn't expect a lot of stuff changing because of it, other than them being able to use being overtly sexist as an easy way of painting characters as assholes. Also, they could do a pink hud, and the purse would make it reasonable to carry so many grenades at the same time. And you could have a pet back in your apartment, and you could steal little toys and stuff and bring back to it for extra points. And there could be cooking recipes to find!

And makeup kits. Instead of just driving to the date or whatever, you will have to paint your character's face. It would be an interesting way to force all the macho assholes who like to beat up hookers in these games put themselves into the other's shoes. Maybe.

and to make the package complete she should be a midget asian

What would GTA V be like if it had a female protagonist?

It would be like GTA V, seeing as GTA V has a female protagonist.

Rockstar are well-known for choosing main characters that go against the norm for their GTA titles. CJ, Nico, Luis to name just three. I was listening to an episode of Thumbs the other day, and it occured to me 'What would it be like if GTA V's lead character was female?'

Just curious as to what you guys think. :)

Which one of those goes against the norm? All of them for being sociopaths? But aren't all video game lead characters sociopaths anyway?

EDIT: Oh god, toblix, tobbo, tob man, t-blix, I love you to death.

CJ is black, Nico is Serbian, and Luis is Hispanic. A woman is a woman.

Video game characters are usually white males.

Remember: Gay Tony first appeared as a terrible queer stereotype in The Lost and the Damned. When the next installment brought him to the foreground, they remembered to make him a "real" person first.

I'm sure any female main character will be well-written. Hopefully they'll give her a better reason to be a mass murderer than our other lovable thugs.

I'm sure any GTA main character will be well-written.

Physically, numerically, and cosmically impossible.

Personally I really liked the female yakuza leader from GTA 3, was hoping she got a spin off at some point, but its been way too late.

What would GTA V be like if it had a female protagonist?

It would be like GTA V, seeing as GTA V has a female protagonist.

Say what!? Is there some GTA V news?

As for the characters, I don't think anyone could make it so that the lead was not, technically, a sociopath... Unless we wanted them to break down after EVERY mission going... "What have I done?!". I think that would get tedious really fast.

I'm more concerned that Dan Houser might be writing all the dialogue and story. By now I can see every one of his twists coming a mile away, and although he's good with characters (giving them a voice), he's just no good at exploring themes. He did a good enough job for GTA and RDR, and he's not terrible, he's just not brilliant... and there's no reason why these games shouldn't have Oscar worthy scripts.

Frankly, I don't even want a GTA V. Let the series die and make something new. (not that I wouldn't play it if they made it*)

* although I've still to finish Gay Tony.

I also have yet to finish Gay Tony.

I am also clinging to the dream that they'll take the Red Dead concept and run with it, making a series of historical era games. Cultural Revolution in China Redemption. World War I era Paris Redemption. 1958 Hungarian Revolt Redemption.

And so on.

Actually, I'd rather they do something substantially different. In the last decade GTA was one of the biggest series and they were each excellent games. I'd be cool if it ended with the high point that Red Dead Redemption was in my opinion. Times have moved on and that formula seems tired to me now (and I'm not the only one in these forums who thinks so) so I'm hoping they'd still make open world games, but ones that leave the GTA formula behind.

I never managed to finish any of the GTA games. At some point there's always this mission that I have to replay so many times it gets annoying and makes me put it away.

I think the Housers are great for writing dialog; rockstar has outstandingly natural conversations and voice acting, but the story archs are usually pretty terrible.

From my experience, it seems other people come up with a loose plot so they can start the game and then it goes through the Houser's filter many times over the years so it's not surprising the overall cohesiveness of the story is pretty shaky.

It would be decried worse than CJ was for being black.

That being said, if they could somehow change up the story or gameplay somehow, I'd be a lot more interested than simply playing as woman.