Sign in to follow this  
Grippage

FIFA

(This post said something about how I want to get FIFA going)

We're playing FIFA 11 on the PC. If someone wants to play another version or on another platform, we'll need separate threads. I doubt there's a real danger of that happening though. :grin:

Edit:

HOW TO ADD PEOPLE AS FRIENDS

1. Get your EA Account set up

2. Make sure you have a Master ID (The game calls this Persona. Never expect consistency from EA)

3. Log in to EA Soccer

4. Go to My Player Hub

5. There's a tiny tiny link that says Search for Friends

I'll try to keep this list updated:

Thumbs with FIFA

Grippager

Patters666

Toblix

Edited by Grippage

(for the uninitiated, it's not 1vs1 necessarily. FIFA 11 has a full 11vs11 mode online. sounds awesome, and could be a full Thumbs night)

This could actually be quite a neat idea Gripster. I would be interested in some multiplayer footy (Soccer....TSK TSK 'Blix).

I would of course be PC based though, shunning lesser platforms as is my wont.

Which FIFA would we all have to buy?

Hey Armchair, woz doin'?

I was about to tear you a new one just for suggesting I play FIFA with a mouse and keyboard! But then I realised that a good gamepad would make all the difference.

As for the version — I reckon you can't go wrong with the latest. However, FIFA10 is like half the price of FIFA11 so my diagnosis is:

FIFA 11 = Better game (although newcomers wouldn't know)

FIFA 10 = Higher participation rate and still a kick-ass game

Just for reference, I can get FIFA10 for like 30-40 bucks. Get it second hand and they'll probably give it to ya

I have FIFA 10 on the PS3. One consideration is that FIFA 11 requires you to buy the game (or an online activation) in order to play online. So if there were any curious but non-committal thumbs, it wouldn't be worth renting as you only get to play online for the 7 day trial period. And anyway, the game is only marginally better as you say, I personally got bored of it rather quickly (since it's no different to '10, which I played to death) and am playing PES'11 (on PS3) instead - which is the first decent PES in a long time.

I suspect of those most will be on 360 anyway, but if anyone wants to play FIFA/PES on the PS3, I'm up for it.

The PC version of FIFA 10 is getting slaughtered. Apparently it's a lazy PS2 port while the console versions are "next-gen".

Why's it gotta be so hard?

I'm interested, PC would probably be the best. Fifa 11 sells for around £25 and there is a demo available.

What, soccer?

Isn't Grippage your brother? How could you not know? More importantly, how could you not have intervened before it was too late and he started playing?

Hopefully, it's obvious that I'm kidding. I don't mind sports games, they're just not really for me. Soccer and Hockey are the two I'd be most interested in though, and by all accounts the recent games for these sports have been pretty good.

Isn't Grippage your brother? How could you not know?

Holy shit, it all makes sense now! The birthday cards, the shared baths.

Isn't Grippage your brother? How could you not know? More importantly, how could you not have intervened before it was too late and he started playing?

Hopefully, it's obvious that I'm kidding. I don't mind sports games, they're just not really for me. Soccer and Hockey are the two I'd be most interested in though, and by all accounts the recent games for these sports have been pretty good.

Yeah I thought I hated sports games until I was introduced to Fight Night, FIFA, NBA and NHL. FIFA is the only one that really holds my interest though.

If we're doing PC, then it's FIFA11

If console, it doesn't matter.

Let it simmer

So, if we are on the PC, FIFA 11 it is.

All those in favour say I.

I.

Might be a little while before I can stump up the dosh, as in a few weeks or so.

I picked it up a few days ago, it's pretty fun though the PC version only supports 5v5 multiplayer, though that should be more than enough for us. I've had a couple of small instances of slowdown, not game breaking though, also likely caused by background programs running.

I've mostly been playing the "be a pro seasons", which is pretty good seeing as I only have to manage one player at any time, along with playing on the easiest difficulty (as I suck at sports games). There are a few bugs, though not nearly as many as an Obsidian game.

Also, fuck the offside rule, fuck it until it is dead.

I just tried FIFA11 on the PC and man was I surprised. I'm playing it with a wired 360 controller and it definitely works.

Me and Toeblix are getting it I think. It's like 30 bucks (which seems to be usual) but I obviously wouldn't mind getting it cheaper. Any other online sales?

I just tried FIFA11 on the PC and man was I surprised. I'm playing it with a wired 360 controller and it definitely works.

Me and Toeblix are getting it I think. It's like 30 bucks (which seems to be usual) but I obviously wouldn't mind getting it cheaper. Any other online sales?

Yeah, I've been playing a ton, it's pretty great.

Sweet. Who else has got FIFA11 on PC? Might as well start organising if we want to do team play. Next week some time?

Correction: I meant 30 quid :fart:

Grippage explained it to me last night, and it sounded absolutely ridiculous. I'm in!

I'm good for anything but Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I call Kansas City Wizards if we want to do less talented teams.