ThunderPeel2001

Choose the next game I should play...

You should play this next...  

34 members have voted

1. 1. You should play this next...

• Sam and Max: 3.1 - The Penal Code
    • Freedom Force
    • Deathspank - Part 1
    • Broken Sword: Director's Cut (half finished already)
    • Planescape: Torment (half finished already)
    • Emerald City Confidential
    • The Blackwell Convergence
    • Downfall
    • Privates (by Zombie Cow)
    • World of Goo
    • Ben & Dan: Time Gentlemen Please
    • The Adventures of Fatman
    • Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent
    • The Last Express
    • Something else (please say)

I hope no-one minds me asking this here, it's just that now I'm back on the gaming wagon I've realised my backlog is pretty big and I can't decide what to play next... And I think I've got quite an awesome bunch of games to get playing, so what do my fellow Thumbs think I should go for?

It'd be cool if people gave a reason for their pick. I might just post a review of my experience playing the game, if anyone is remotely interested (some of these games I know zero about -- I've only heard they're good).

Quite excited to discover what I'll be playing next :tup:

You have a copy of The Last Express? Son of a...

I say finish the games you've already started first.

OK, backlog just showed its face.

Having a hard time choosing, but I'm going to go with Last Express. It's a "unique experience": always good for refreshing your pores. Then you can play the more standard-issue shit.

PS: Not to be an ass*, but its "Penal Zone". Excellent game. Probably Telltale's best.

*sorry

I would have to say 'Time gentleman,please' as i don't often play PC games but I have played those so there is something special about them.

I'm having a hard time choosing, but just wanted to pipe in to say that Emerald City Confidential, while flawed, is an underappreciated gem if the notion of throwing noir trappings on a fairytale story appeals to you at all. It's a shame, but Dave Gilbert has basically said that there's not going to be a sequel.

I said World of Goo.

If you're getting back into gaming after a hiatus, you need something charming and that you will complete in a short enough time, to get you enthusing about clearing off the rest of your backlog. That or Puzzle Agent.

Freedom Force is easily one of my favourite games of the past decade. It's funny, has a good amount of depth (especially with all the possible squads), and was accessible enough for someone who doesn't play a lot of strategy (me) to get his head around. Just an excellent game all around. Of course, you could probably play Puzzle Agent, Blackwell, Privates, or any other number of shorter games first if you really want to tear through your backlog. FF does take a while.

I went with Planescape Torment, because that game is just Planescape Great! HAHA!

Don't hit me!!

I said World of Goo.

If you're getting back into gaming after a hiatus, you need something charming and that you will complete in a short enough time, to get you enthusing about clearing off the rest of your backlog. That or Puzzle Agent.

A good point, sir!

I went with Planescape Torment, because that game is just Planescape Great! HAHA!

Don't hit me!!

*thwack*

None of these are Minecraft. That is what you should play.
Along a similar line, why is Shaq-fu not on the list?

I've been spending a fair amount of time on Dwarf Fortess recently. It is zomgwtf involved though, with a learning curve similar to Eve. Good though.

I just put DeathSpank as my choice as I'm in love with that game right now.

World of Goo is another great choice. Of course those that you have already started should be finished first or those will haunt you forever.

Well the votes are in, and I must abide. Planescape: Torment must be completed... but I can also dabbled in World of Goo if I need something casual. Thanks, folks!

I have to say that I'm surprised Sam and Max didn't get a single vote. I honestly thought it would win.

Anyways: To the Upper Ward!

I don't know what to pick, but I think you should finish all your half finished games first, then I'll vote on what's left. But I see that you are! :)

Along a similar line, why is Shaq-fu not on the list?

I used to love Shaq-Fu, back on the Super Nintendo...it had a great piece of music, in the