MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

that's mine

i haven't played for a while but i probably will again soon

I see there's been quite a bit of deforestation on the outside of the south wall which exposes my cabin that was hidden in the forest. I'm going to go through and replant the trees again if nobody objects.

Oops! That was me, clearing some trees for some wood. I noticed your house while moving through the space I cleared and tried to set a demarcation line I wouldn't clear into, but leaving the semi-terraced grassy area cleared. I want to eventually make a fast pathway to your mine, and maybe a fenced area for a farm right outside Two Birch Manor.

If you want to replant (if you haven't already; I haven't logged in today yet), that's fine, I can try and log elsewhere. If you're up for keeping what's currently gone clear though, I'll stick to not clearing any more of the trees around your place.

Sorry about that.

Okay, pigmen are cleared from the portal (by dying many times to lure them into a fenced area on this side of the portal and then murdering them). A ghast appeared, though, so beware. I started reinforcing the nether side of the portal with obsidian to make sure there'd always be a safe arrival zone. I also installed a gate.

Okay, pigmen are cleared from the portal (by dying many times to lure them into a fenced area on this side of the portal and then murdering them). A ghast appeared, though, so beware. I started reinforcing the nether side of the portal with obsidian to make sure there'd always be a safe arrival zone. I also installed a gate.

I was surprised but pleased the luring tactic worked.

tabacco and I grabbed all of the stuff that was still left by the portal in the Nether and put it into chests by the portal in town, with the exception of materials; those went to the community house storeroom and crafting lab. Tools and weapons and armor and such should still be found in the chests near the portal however, so check there if you lost something during the Zombie Pigmen reign of terror.

I fenced in an expansive, irregular piece of real estate around Two Birch Manor, which may make entry and exit -- after you leave town, that is -- somewhat unclear and frustrating. So far there are two fence gates, one more or less in the direction you'd already be heading as you exit the town through the "Congrats Nick" doors -- look for the two torches on either side of the gate, and a three-cube-wide path of dirt & grass. There's also another gate that's behind Two Birch Manor; head left around the structure after you exit town, hugging the wall of the Manor and -- after exiting the gate -- the exterior castle/town wall. I have plans for this space, as well as Birchspire (damaged by Creepers), but let me know if it's annoying and I'll work something out that's more straightforward to traverse. Also within this fenced area is a small starter farm I made, also fenced, with a fence gate in the corner closest to the exterior town doors from the same exit ("Congrats Nick").

Zeus: since your house is deep in the woods and this fence makes it more annoying to get back into town directly than before, I left you a fence gate in your chest in your house. Feel free to take down a piece of fence and setup the fence gate somehwere convenient for your path that lets your access the town entrance (the one to the right of the stables) easily.

I built a pasture outside the east wall and (roughly) monster-proofed it. I moved the sheep up there, but don't have the energy to move the cows or chickens yet. It's depressingly tedious moving animals around.

Honestly at that point I wouldn't even bother trying to move them all, at least the chickens.  I've been collecting the eggs every time I'm in the area and depositing them in the chest.  I imagine the number of chickens that could be obtained from just throwing them would be enough to start another chicken farm.

It also didn't occur to me until the other day while I was feeding the chickens, but I find it funny that chickens both lay eggs and give live birth in this game.

Zeus: since your house is deep in the woods and this fence makes it more annoying to get back into town directly than before, I left you a fence gate in your chest in your house. Feel free to take down a piece of fence and setup the fence gate somehwere convenient for your path that lets your access the town entrance (the one to the right of the stables) easily.

Thanks! And no worries, I'll eventually have another secret path to the city. And I have a hidden tree farm if you'd like to use it (just make sure to always replant what you cut down). Just go into my cabin, flip the the secret switch, and see if you can figure out how to find the tree farm.

Thanks! And no worries, I'll eventually have another secret path to the city. And I have a hidden tree farm if you'd like to use it (just make sure to always replant what you cut down). Just go into my cabin, flip the the secret switch, and see if you can figure out how to find the tree farm.

omg... it's beautiful

I reworked the storage room and lodgings underneath the community house. The storage room is still missing some chests and ladders. It's also not exactly organized. If any one feels up to adding some chests feel free to do so :)

20131224_021450_zqz41s6meu_thumb.png20131224_021508_qjyxhvicuk_thumb.png

I've organized the chests a bit (damn that's a lot of work) while ysbreker was working on the fancy metro station logic. So, now we only have to lay the tracks to the next stations :)

Been recording some movies:

A short tour of the current city:

The Running Man (me creating a map on maximum zoom)

Interesting. Could I be listed on this new server. My minecraft name is AteBitGeneral.

I finally completed a map of the area around the city on max zoom mode. Bad news, no jungle anywhere near the city, and only snowy peaks.

There's a clone of the map in the community house.

I've gone on and did a quick microbuild house under the farm/garden next to the community house at spawn. Nothing like the megabuild pagoda-thing I made on the last server, but please check it out reguardless.

Any big projects/megabuilds in progress?

I wish I had remembered to bring my mouse with me to my parents'. I'm already bored and this is the perfect opportunity to finish my project. Boo!

I've gone on and did a quick microbuild house under the farm/garden next to the community house at spawn. Nothing like the megabuild pagoda-thing I made on the last server, but please check it out reguardless.

Any big projects/megabuilds in progress?

I'm trying to come up with a nice Congrats Nick sign design.  Last epoch I wanted to make a blimp with rotating lights, but that turned out to be hard to make compact.  Also, last epoch seemed to be themed around the sky with big build height, and the previous one was built as a simple swamp piece with that biome being introduced.  I feel like this epoch it should include stained glass and maybe dyed clay.  I was thinking something that you could be see the sunset through from one of the towers in the village.

Request: make it a "congrats nick" sign this time, in honor of 2014: the year of nick breckon.

Sweet!  I was on for a while digging a hole and someone helped me make a crapload of furnaces instead of cooking a crapload of sand to make glass, but it was fun.  Whitelist Happysmurfday?