MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

So I built an incinerator room under the general storeroom. Then I decided to beef up the (Geordi La) Forge a little, which kind of rendered the incinerator room useless. Soooo, double incinerators!

Also, since we're playing vanilla, please avoid placing flammable blocks in either room. They're both tall and underground enough to be safe for fire, but sticking some wood in the room might be a problem (fire can spread 4 blocks upward).

we should try to abduct villagers and drop them into the city at some point. I'm not sure how to accomplish this. It's quite a distance they need to travel.

The only way to really do it is build a minecart track with powered rails and push them into a minecart. They'll stay in the cart as long as it is moving and someone is nearby.

Edit: Or you can convert a zombie villager back to a villager with the proper potion. Need some blaze rods to get that going though.

Just southwest of the city there's a mountain with natural sort of overhang.  It's near an entombed horse and some arches someone started building.  I dug a tunnel through the mountain to the desert on the other side and laid down rails and powered rails if anyone wants to use it.  When I finished making the tunnel, there were horses to the east of the tunnel exit, but you'll have to ride it back to the city yourself because the tunnel isn't tall enough for a horse and rider.

Edit: Make that a lot of horses.

Who built the crazy church like structure with all the multicolored sheep in them?

I think that might be Scipio's work.

Funds would be nice (for longevity) I'll have to figure out how to receive them.

There's the usual option of PayPal, but you could also consider Square Cash (https://square.com/cash). I'd chip in some bucks towards keeping the server happy and alive.

There are 2 agitated zombie pigmen that are camping the other side of the nether portal! All of my stuff is just on the floor and I cant kill them. 

I thought zombie pigmen was neutral until attacked.

Also, I'd like to chip in some cash too. Let's make this happen :)

I expanded the storeroom a bit, since it was getting pretty crowded in some of the chests. Also, it connects up to the stairwell down the the mines by the wizard tower now.

Feel free to reorganize, it's a little haphazard right now, but at least there's more room.

I spent a bit of time building a (currently) homely-looking structure just outside one of the town walls as a functional house and base of operations. To find it, go just outside the town entrance/exit with the "Congrats Nick" sign. It may be a bit too close to the wall, I'm not sure. Until I torched up, skeletons and zombies were seeming to spawn in the gap I intentionally left, but over at least a couple of day/night cycles now, it seems better. Anyway, be on guard if you venture outside near Two Birch Manor.

So what's the plan for when new patches come out that introduce new biomes or naturally spawning blocks (like the next patch which will introduce granite)? Is the server reset at that point so it is easy to obtain new items and find new biomes or will the server continue on and we would just have to travel to unexplored places to find that stuff? I personally strongly prefer the latter as I would hate to lose progress and wouldn't mind being encouraged to travel to distant lands.

Edit: I guess it hasn't been confirmed whether or not granite will spawn naturally so that might be a poor example.

I started digging a path for future metro tracks. I've created a path to the safe house on the west and to the village on the west.

I see there's been quite a bit of deforestation on the outside of the south wall which exposes my cabin that was hidden in the forest. I'm going to go through and replant the trees again if nobody objects.

I've made another safe house south of the safehouse on the west. It's in a desert temple. I still need to clear up the basement (I exploded there a while ago) for a metro station.

I also managed to kill one of the zombie pigmen that have been terrorizing us. I went to enchant something and one of them had come through the portal so I was able to easily take him out.

I built a pasture outside the east wall and (roughly) monster-proofed it. I moved the sheep up there, but don't have the energy to move the cows or chickens yet. It's depressingly tedious moving animals around.

I also managed to kill one of the zombie pigmen that have been terrorizing us. I went to enchant something and one of them had come through the portal so I was able to easily take him out.

Bad news, there're at least 3 of them in there now. Can't even exit the portal without being immediately killed.

So zombie pigmen are peacefull until attacked. They'll de-agro after time, but not if their chunk isn't loaded. We can go in and coordinate a purge of the angry ones and it'll be back to peace.

Also tabacco have you tried using a lead to move animals? I don't find it that much better than using food, but they're pretty good. They're made with slime and string.