MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

So today I was working on my hotel for a while, until I was distracted by a lot of noise on the floor below. When I entered the hallway I found I have visitors:

7964449240_99eac3dbdb.jpg

Where are they going?

It seems there was a party going on in room number 201. I wonder what they were looking at in the corner.

7964448226_a237806193.jpg

I don't feel very welcome...

The second screen looks like some kind of Testificate Bar Mitzvah is going on.

I had an idea for the next epoch of the server as it has become rather inactive. Make it pure survival, so no commands (/fly etc.) thus making PvP natural (à la DayZ). People will team up, set up bases, infiltration, social/political wheeling and dealing like in Eve or Neptune's Pride. The web map would obviously have to be turned off.

I had an idea for the next epoch of the server as it has become rather inactive. Make it pure survival, so no commands (/fly etc.) thus making PvP natural (à la DayZ). People will team up, set up bases, infiltration, social/political wheeling and dealing like in Eve or Neptune's Pride. The web map would obviously have to be turned off.

OH YEAH

I like this guy.

Might be quite interesting to leave the web map on. You can't see underground on it unless i'm mistaken, and the game is essentially about building mines (although no one seems to bother with that part any more... bloody castles and ice forts and dragons)

You need a large, dedicated community for something like that to last. This one is only large enough if everyone remains dedicated. And that won't happen. U:

You might want to check out HCSMP if that interests you. I linked it earlier in this thread, but it's a reddit based server with month long bans on death.

Maybe THIS could be the next epoch? If Doug or whoever is running the server would bother downloading the 2.17 GB(24 GB unpacked) files. The server also needs some mod called Bukkit. Sounds fucking amazing.

Yeah, there's hardly ever anyone on it, so it hasn't really been my top priority to get it updated. I'll try to do it tomorrow.

I'm not super ready for more minecraft, but if we're looking for something fresh are people interested in doing some Feed The Beast? It's like Tekkit, but updated and with mod author support.

http://feed-the-beast.com/

Tekkit isn't updated because the Minecraft modding community is a festering pit of childish imbeciles.

FTB is also quite good however, so I am in support of that option.

Tekkit isn't updated because the Minecraft modding community is a festering pit of childish imbeciles.

It's not that I'm disbelieving your assertion (I can't stand most Minecraft communities), but... why, in this specific instance?

Video Games Hot Dog were talking about Feed The Beast on a recent episode and it seemed really cool. Not sure how tough it would be to install and maintain, but I'd definitely be up for it.

I'm not sure if I will return... I think I'm finished with minecraft.