MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

Can anyone with redstone expertise attempt to repair the sand generator again?

Sorry about that, it was the first time i'd used it, and it wouldn't stop! There were minecarts wizzing across, and pistons going and sand piling up, and then not coming out at all and it was fucking terrifying.

As for sand generator operation... Please be aware that there is a delay between the pressing of the button and the starting/stoping of the generator. Press once to start it up (notice the delay it will be the same when shuting down). Press once to stop. Pressing multiple times won't break it, so don't panic! Count to 5 to make sure it isn't shutting down already before hitting it again.

Pro Tip: The Wizzing Minecart. When you hit the button a piston retracts releasing the minecart which runs along two detector rails before being caught on the other side, the offset triggering of these detectors is the desired timing of the rapid piston pulsars. The more you know.

I'll have to look at a video tutorial of how JL server set up their dead man pressure plate on their sand generator, but I can't figure out how to change that minecart toggle system into something that's based off a sustained pulse. I have a few ideas, but I don't know how resilient they'll be to players disconnecting or unloading those chunks. The machine may get deadlocked in an "on" state.

i took the railway to "the end", fell into the black, died and lost my diamond stuff. It was a horrifying, awesome experience.

Also, I'm thinking of making a greenhouse and/or an underwater tunnel of glass.

Hells yes underwater glass tunnels. I want to do this in the next rail line that I build (assuming it runs under water). Even more time-consuming than normal tunnels, but sooo worth it.

Hells yes underwater glass tunnels. I want to do this in the next rail line that I build (assuming it runs under water). Even more time-consuming than normal tunnels, but sooo worth it.

Wherever it is, we need to make gigantic whales and such things around the tube.

Or, at the very least, some sort of scuttled pirate vessel with tattered sails and gleaming treasure spilling out of the hull.

Now I really want to build something across the ocean so I'll have an excuse to build this crazy tunnel.

Or, at the very least, some sort of scuttled pirate vessel with tattered sails and gleaming treasure spilling out of the hull.

Now I really want to build something across the ocean so I'll have an excuse to build this crazy tunnel.

The tunnel could lead to the pirate vessel, on some sort of Titanic-recovery type excavation site.

The tunnel could lead to the pirate vessel, on some sort of Titanic-recovery type excavation site.

That's an awesome idea.

Shame there's no way to make something dark while disallowing monster spawning. Red torches would be great for giving an underwater shipwreck resort a spooky, gloomy feel, but exploring would be annoying when there's a zombie around every corner.

That's an awesome idea.

Shame there's no way to make something dark while disallowing monster spawning. Red torches would be great for giving an underwater shipwreck resort a spooky, gloomy feel, but exploring would be annoying when there's a zombie around every corner.

Mobs won't spawn on water, or on half-slabs. In 1.3 they'll spawn on upside down half-slabs, but not regularly placed half-slabs.

We've got a problem in Town Square. There's a butt-ton of villagers trapped beneath one of the houses on the southeast corner of the square and it's causing serious performance issues on the server. I tried to get in there and clean them out but the lag is so intense that I couldn't, and now I get "moved too fast (hacking)" errors when I try to connect. Help, tabacco?

EDIT: I was able to escape, but I'm putting a (king's) bounty on these @#$% villagers.

Mobs won't spawn on water, or on half-slabs. In 1.3 they'll spawn on upside down half-slabs, but not regularly placed half-slabs.

Oooh, nice to know.

Also, I'm kind of not sure where to go next on my tower! Give me ideas, dudes! also feel free to claim a floor inside and decorate it. Just don't make it ugly. That's all I ask. U:

FYI: We removed the doors from the Love Shack last night in hopes that it would calm down the number of villagers, since they really are destroying server performance.

IF you see a faded sign at the side of the road that says 15 miles to the laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag shack.

After draining out a shit ton of water, the water dam is starting to come together:

o6v9o.jpg

A whole lot more cobble needs to be dug out, and then I'll actually work on getting that arch-shape for the dam and observation deck(s).

Also here's a picture of a squid that was stuck out of his habitat that I destroyed and made me feel bad.

gXOSk.jpg

I did my part and added a house in phaedrus' pit. I also started a bar under the train station, but I'm not all that enthused about the project, if anyone wants to take it over.

This being the era of airships and lording golems, I decided to resurrect the HMS Horsebag. The ship hull and the balloon are now finished, with just some belowdecks furnishing left (and maybe a giant saddle on top).

nFkHR.png

jpC2w.png

Yet another genocide :'(

For future reference, all you need to do is ensure the villagers have a path up. They were building up in that cellar because somebody changed something and they were able to fall down. As soon as you provide a path, the AI is strongly weighted on escaping an area they've been trapped in. So if you ever find a pit of villagers cleanse the fallen, and patch it up or give an exit.

I'm going to have to build my market in the sky so it's at least 80 blocks away from the town. The buildings are just a bit too random to avoid random spawn glitches like that.

1.3.1 is here!

@tabacco you should add a SRV record to idlemc.com: _minecraft._tcp.idlemc.com, then we don't have to use that really long game.idlemc.com ;)

Done, and added a SRV record for idlethumbs.net as well for good measure.

tabacco@Macswell:~:master *$ dig _minecraft._tcp.idlethumbs.net srv +short
0 10 25565 game.idlemc.com.

The server's not updated to 1.3.1, yet, by the way. Waiting on a new CraftBukkit build.