MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

Oh that's right, in vanilla smelting cobble just turns it into regular stone. There's that plan out the window.

Technic allows cobble -> sand -> glass

|

V

1:1 sandstone

I'd hardly call lava scarce though.

Generate cobble, smelt into glass, run the furnace on lava buckets.

I wish that was possible.

Apparently the sand generator will be broken in 1.3

The super fast one I built is broken due to the piston speed change, but the gravity block duplication bug is still there.

Slower duplicator designs still work.

Lava is the real scarcity anyways.

You don't go to the nether much?

Also...

I missed the MC livestream (is there a thread I'm not seeing about these weekend streams?).

I looked it up after reading about it here. I would have totally dropped in on that had I known.

It was fun watching you guys tour the server.

Also...

I missed the MC livestream (is there a thread I'm not seeing about these weekend streams?).

I looked it up after reading about it here. I would have totally dropped in on that had I known.

It was fun watching you guys tour the server.

http://www.twitter.com/idlethumbs

I decided on my next project, it will be an IdleThumbs mARG

And this time it will be difficult.

Phaedrus' Overt Hole is becoming... incredibly overt?

javaw%202012-07-13%2019-53-14-80.jpg

Everyone come and build stuff in the hole! I really dig ysbreaker's sandwich shoppe (hidden behind the Shitty Wizard's Tower (name not at all final))! Let's stick to that kind of style! Small homes, hipster joints, that kinda stuff. Sooner or later, I'll get around to building at least one floating highway to show what I'm picturing there. U:

I also think I'm gonna build stronger-looking supports. I really liked them at first, but now they look miniscule and weak. Hah. They'll probably extend from just below the nether-light block (I forget what they're called) outward to the outside of the moat (thus diminishing any real moat's efficiency, but who cares about that??). Maybe not quite that high, but definitely at least halfway there.

Anyone else getting terrible lag/dropped frames on the server? My performance plummets as soon as I connect.\

EDIT: It seems to only be happening around the Town Square. Too many villagers, perhaps?

It's also unworkable for me, all my actions take seconds to become final. The ender farm also looks broken, very rare endermen spawns.

Yeah, I just logged on and was having ridiculous lag problems, even with no one else on the server. Someone else was complaining about lag earlier, but I was fine, then. I dunnoooo.

Also, n0b's got the prototype observation window started on the tower now. JUST above the cloud line! I don't think we're gonna build all the way to the sky ceiling, because that's another 100+ blocks. Probably unnecessary. Gonna top of the tower with either a dome or a point. Haven't decided yet. Maybe a pointy dome, ala Persian style. U:

Maybe someone left the sand generator running?

Yeah, Starman just turned it off. Hah.

More of the tower done. X:

n0b and I have discussed it, and we decided to go with each floor of the tower being a sort of giant indoor balcony, rotating from the bottom to the top like an enormous spiral staircase. This also

gives us the excuse to have entrances from the floating highways at various levels and orientations. I think it'll work out well. YES.

What each individual floor will showcase is still up in the air. Maybe we could just put the floors there and have other people fill in the details. U:

Also, I could use some glass if you guys have any to spare. I don't need a whole lot, I think. At least, not yet. Sand will do also! Drop it in Storage Silo 1 if you feel like sharing! (If I'd known a sand generator was running (or even existed) the whole time I was playing just now, I'd have gone and grabbed some already. C'est la vie.)

Server's running much better now. Seems the generator was still pumping out sand despite the 5-minute failsafe. If I knew more about redstone mechanics I'd open the thing up, but for now I've just barred the entrance.

1.3 is fixing it anyway, or so I read somewhere. BURN IT TO THE GROUND.

It's also unworkable for me, all my actions take seconds to become final. The ender farm also looks broken, very rare endermen spawns.

also happening for me in my underground cave (which is out in the middle of nowhere)

should have hooked up that deadman switch on it.

Yah, that'd be the ideal solution but I don't know how to make that work with the current setup. I've reopened the sand generator with a bunch of warning signs for now; please use with caution!

I don't know who made the Samuel L Jackson arm plane fight, but bravo sir.

Well since we have the western Jungle Lording Robot and the eastern Lording Robot of Phaedrus' Hole, I feel inspired to make the southern Desert Lording Robot. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make him lemme know.

I just thought you guys should know...!

I finished the tower!

There's a giant dick coming out of Phaedrus' Hole!

javaw%202012-07-15%2023-55-52-06.jpg

IT LOOKS LIKE A PENIS!

When I was making the cap, I just wanted a kind of roundish thing that came to a point. I broke it. At first, from up closer, I couldn't get the picture of anime hair out of my head. then someone pointed out it looked like a penis.

It's a penis.

JOKE'S ON YOU.

(I promise that wasn't my intention, but man is it hilarious it turned out this way. I told n0b to fix it, 'cause I'm gonna be busy for the next couple days.)

I don't know who made the Samuel L Jackson arm plane fight, but bravo sir.

That would be me. I go as mcmbr on minecraft. I also made the smokey sax. You just gotta have it, so I made it.

Hey guys, I'm going to mark off this big chunk of land, if that's okay? I finally found a good bit of motivation to build again, but bigger this time. I'll try my best to fence it off (most likely with dirt).

post-19211-0-64277000-1342668457_thumb.jpg

!

Tower is pretty much damn near finished, interior decorating aside.

The inside is a giant spiraling staircase of indoor balconies, like I explained before (I think I explained it, anyway). There's currently nothing to it beyond that. Each balcony also has an exit! The exits lead to the floating highway system, which is not yet complete, because there's really nothing to build toward.

The outside:

javaw%202012-07-19%2022-29-14-09.jpg

The inside:

javaw%202012-07-19%2022-29-35-92.jpg

Thinkin' about doing a spiral path up the outside, from exit to exit. The path can of course branch at any random point.

I had an amazing epiphany when I remembered that the original sand generator still existed, in a secret location under ground. It felt like the start of a terrible movie sequel, and i set off on my quest to repair the sand generator. The original was damaged, some water had broken in and washed away important redstone. I was able to get it mostly working, so I set off to repair the main generator but i was missing the required pieces. Somebody had taken the red stone torches from the wall.

Before getting into the 3rd act I got distracted and disconnected.