MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

damn... cannot join this evening for the IdleMineCast :(

The Homebarrel Bar and Concert Venue is now finished (complete with a VIP area for the Idle Thumbs Motorcycle Club).

Also, surprise! and old favorite has reappeared, renovated, for tomorrow's stream. On a related note, any white wool you could spare would be of huge help to finish it.

The Killstar and I built that huge blimp overnight (!) just for the livestream and Jake and Sean never saw because of the draw distance :getmecoat

Oh well, we're working on some plans for the next stream. Possibly a place to hold some games, and possibly a headquarters/compound for the MC.

I'm glad the Congrats Nick sign in the tree got shown off, even it was at 1FPS. That tree was probably the last thing I'll ever do in MC.

The server was pretty much lag free during the stream, so all the freezes were client side. They could have been network issues on the thumbs end as well, but given how well the stream held up I'm fairly certain it was just a shitty 32 bit java memory problem.

So who's interested in starting operation skymall?

Yeah that we were running 32 bit java was a depressing mid-stream discovery. Next time we'll be prepared.

What's operation Skymall? The market you guys wanted to make in town?

I'm still without a PC so basically useless with helping out.

I had no idea the livestream was going to happen but I had to be at work yesterday so fired up Minecraft by chance for the first time in a month, so that wasa crazy coincidence and a lot of fun.

Even began to build on my claimed island that everyone was kind enough to leave alone when they should have, hehehe. But much work still left and whenever my pc shows up I'll bruteforce it to completion asap.

Also it was hilarious to see the love shack built over my hovel, my stuff was still buried underneth with was fun to discover. Had a huge plan to have an underground lair with lava until I found out we could transport lava so it can remain a hole in the ground as I'm off onto bigger things.

Next time I'd like to see the thumbs go off on their own without a guide just to see what they discover. The tour was awesome to watch but getting a kick out of their reactions was the best and would be incredible if they found some of it by chance.

Well basically in 1.3, Villagers will be able to trade. What they trade for is random, and every time you make a trade with them, they level up. So if we keep things as they are now, it'll be really difficult to hunt down and find the villager you want. Or someone with max leveled trading will wander off and die.

So you can build things like this: http://imgur.com/a/2pdxF to keep your villagers in.

qTOfmh.png

We were trying to find a place to put the market of involuntary tradesmen, and couldn't figure out the best place. The town square is too packed and will become crazy. The arc, killstar had other plans for. But after killstar and squids blimp build, I remembered we had talked about potentially creating a floating city at one point early in the server. Which would have allowed us to play a bit more with the vertical real-estate we have like this:

So maybe the place to but the trading hub would be up in a floating platform at the hub of some more sky builds. I also really want to play around with some ender pearl jump platforms and elevators (now that a lot of them will work in SMP in 1.3).

Zipper towers and other piston based elevators. Also for ender pearls they're mostly fence gate and pressure plate based.

Aha! The base of the tower is complete.

I think from the current level we're just gonna build straight up, and then once we've reached the top, we can start making it look pretty with better detail. Additions and subtractions. Basically, the tower is going to be a blank canvas.

javaw%202012-07-08%2016-27-53-44.jpg

If you wanna help build anything:

1) The tower is built from smooth stone slabs. Just build straight up from the current level. Dunno what the very top of the tower will look like, yet, but... we'll figure that out.

2) In the back, you can also see a little stone hovel with a grass roof. That's kind of what I pictured, although I can't make it look quite how I want. Feel free to build your own little hovels. Try not to cover too much of the wall with stairs and whatnot, though. I'd like the means of travel to be floating highways leading to and from the tower. Once we run out of room on the walls of the pit, we could build tiny floating islands to house even more hovels! Although at this point, they might be more luxurious than a hovel. Maybe that'd be the rich district. U:

3) At the bottom of the pit, in and around the moat, feel free to build free-form gardens or some such. Plant trees, do whatever.

4) You can't see it, but to the right, at the rim of the pit (directly above the stone outcropping), is going to be the guard headquarters. Because me and n0b agreed it'd be neat to have watchtowers here and there as security, and the watch guard needs to have a headquarters! U:

Maybe it would make sense to get into the wall-side huts through a tunnel system coming in from the back instead of clogging it up with stairs on the surface?

That could work, too, as a supplement to the floating highways.

I've done some maintenance on the above-ground transit system. There are now six main gates leading in and out of "Idleton", which is what tabacco and I have agreed to call the impressive congregation of architecture around the Spawntree. I've also added directional signage at key intersections both inside Idleton City Limits and throughout the surrounding environs, which should help new players find their way around more easily. Road construction continues at a brisk pace; we have plans to expand our network of roads to all points west, including the Black Flaming Helmet on a Stick, Floating Jefferson Memorial and the Giant Jungle Robot.

Suggestions for new roads, signs, official landmark names, etc. are welcome!

I still wish we could do a Tekkit/Enderpack server. :violin:

UftW2h.jpg

ep1vCh.jpg

(A Redpower sorting system.)

damn grass doesn't grow fast enough up my bladehenge

I started a project on the server last night -- it's small but Jake and I were talking and I feel like I know what it's going to be. But I need help. ENLIST THE THUMBS

To quote Smithers: "Uh, sir? You have to tell me what your plan is, or nothing will happen"

tabacco and I revamped the entryway to ThumbRail Central Station, which is now located next to tabacco's townhouse. Check it out!

It's a shame that we only have the one rail line leading to it for now. I assume we'll want to connect it to Phaedrus' Hole at some point, but where else should the rails run to?

It already is connected to the hole, that's where we brought in the villagers. But we've ripped up the track and I think ys was making some adjustments.

Yeah all that needs to happen to that line is lay down the tracks and add the furnishings like in the tunnel from spanwtree to central station.

There is still a tunnel planned into the direction of the auto farm and other projects west. There is also space for a tunnel furter north, but since we don't have that many projects out that way that one is last on the list.

We could also extend the tunnel from spawntree to the station further south and connect it to the projects down there.

Generate cobble, smelt into glass, run the furnace on lava buckets.

smelt cobble into glass? Interesting thing about lava bucket furnaces in 1.3 though, apparently they don't eat the bucket anymore. Lava is the real scarcity anyways, but it's a nice touch.