MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

The pit is coming along nicely. /confirmed Tabacco is always in there working like a machine.

Makes me wonder, aside from making a giant hole (which is awesome on it's own), what is the end goal.

Cho was talking about possibly starting a large scale castle project, probably made of sandstone.

One thing I'm not a fan of is the destruction of every desert biome within 5 minutes of spawn.

So I've built a sand block duplicator for players to use instead of further damaging surrounding desert biomes.

Sand & Glassworks - located accross the street from the spawn tree.

Phase 1 - Area cleared/leveled. Complete.

Phase 2 - Build fast gravity block duplicator (works for sand & gravel). Complete. Feel free to use it.

Phase 3 - Build a cool building around it. Made of sandstone, and glass. Obviously. I'm thinking about it.

Preview

sandworks.png

Woah, I haven't been on so I haven't had the chance to check the forums. AteBit, that's pretty neat! I'd start working on things, blueprints, etc., once I start roaming the world far away from spawn.

How about this saturday? around 3pm EST?

Sounds like a plan.

Ok so basic game plan should be an immediate dash in a certain direction to gather food, wood and sapplings. They warn that spawn campers patrol around the spawn, so we may be forced to sprint before we can sustain it. If you've been watching UHC, we should basically build a staircase shelter and dig out a farm.

The wiki also suggested starting in the nether and farming pigmen for zombie flesh. Nothing (including pigs) can harm people within something like 100 blocks of the origin, so you can grind on free food before setting out.

Under water bases seem like they might be the safest, but that might be a bit boring. The other option is a long distance sprint.

Now that the hole is done dugged, I built what I'm proposing the slope looks like. Someone look at it and see how it looks, height-level-wise. There'll be a moat at the lowest point in the slope, up two or three levels. Could be mini islands in the moat. A pretty garden or something.

I think the current proposal for the slopes isn't steep enough. There's hardly any space left at the bottom of the pit.

Now people are saying within the month for 1.3, possibly as late as Aug 1st.

I think the current proposal for the slopes isn't steep enough. There's hardly any space left at the bottom of the pit.

Even the one I proposed? (The skinny one.)

So yeah here's what I think.

My proposed slope:

5n9gjs.jpg

The tower would be built on that center platform. Maybe a bit wider. But, basically, this gives us a moat, and room to play around with mini-islands and gardens and whatnots.

A guideline for the slope's circles (best viewed in a program that includes grid-pixel capability):

24nmvlf.jpg

I don't think it needs to be completely uniform like this, but it might be best to start this way and then carve/build into/onto it. I had also originally thought that maybe we could build the walls higher than the top of the pit, but then people started building stuff around the rim of the pit, so that's not really doable in a good way anymore.

EDIT: Hah, I'm so used to viewing these magnified a billion that I forgot to blow them up before uploading them. X:

EDIT EDIT: Also tinypic compressed the hell out of them concentric circles. Gross.

Well, anyway, since no one's said anything I'm just gonna start building it up...!

Someone already made that joke!

I've been sort of busy today. The skeleton for the slope is complete. Just need to fill in the walls. X:

javaw%202012-07-06%2000-57-52-64.jpg

n0b is a terrible moatsmith.

We can't wait to see your finished bum hole twig.

Hey guys, we're talking about doing a tour of the Thumbs server on a Twitch livestream tomorrow morning. We want to show off some stuff you guys have done and also none of us have really spent any time on this epoch so it seems like a potentially cool thing to do.

Obviously due to build permissions being required, people won't be able to vandalize the server or anything, but I was wondering if anyone would be up for being around tomorrow late morning/early afternoon Pacific time to help be an ambassador to any guests?

So what you're saying is we should build a landscape full of penises in preparation?

I don't actually know what is on the server besides what's at spawn and my big pit (that is where I spend all my time), so I probably wouldn't be any help. U:

Don't forget to flick the switches on my floating pyramid thing. Or do, since it often crashes people nearby.

Don't forget to flick the switches on my floating pyramid thing. Or do, since it often crashes people nearby.

We'll avoid that particular dangerous looking science.

Do you guys have any recommendations for things to check out while exploring?

Is there a notable subway line yet?

You can take the tram line to the Pit, it's above ground and shows a tiny part of the buildings we've got. The subway to the nether fortress is just long & boring. and the subway line to the pit isn't finished yet. Don't forget the snowy dome next to the automated farm. Also worth taking a look is the sitting robot in the jungle. And waay down west south west is an amazing tree fortress.

[edit]

Oh and don't forget to show off our nether XP farm!

I'd be up for being on. It'd be a good chance to check everything out that's been built recently, since the work season spiked right as the server started.

What time were you thinking of doing this thing?

Probably like 11am Pacific time!

Okay the slope is complete AND IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A BUTT, JERKS.

Start building hobbit hobbles in the walls!

Also is there a marble-like block? I want a white-ish tower, but I don't want wool. U:

end stone? Also, I should be around. What time do you think the steam will be?