MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY PIT?!

The plan is to build a tall branching tower in the middle to the sky limit and then houses on the walls and the floating, winding roads intertwining and connecting everything.

In other words, it could be a nice community project. Especially the wall-homes. U:

what texture pack is that?

My own unfinished TP. I posted a version a while back if you want to give it a try.

Be very careful with that sand generator. Until blocks start auto grouping on the ground it's going to lag the server like crazy if unattended. Atebit, what do you think about using a dispenser + wooden pressure plate failsafe so that it auto terminates after 5 mins?

Oh I know.

It's 4 fast double pulsars. It can be very laggy just to run, and shouldn't be left running.

Five minutes is a long time to have this thing running. I have 6 duplicators hooked up to the clock.

I haven't timed it, but I'd estimate this thing generates around 400-500 resource blocks per minute.

(Now I'm curious... I'm going to jump on and get an actual number.)

EDIT // Yeah it's a monster. It generates 1,150-1,200 collectable entities per minute. A 5 minute timer would not be a good idea.

The plan is to build a tall branching tower in the middle to the sky limit and then houses on the walls and the floating, winding roads intertwining and connecting everything.

In other words, it could be a nice community project. Especially the wall-homes. U:

Love it !! I'm on board. Got any sketches, or art reference to back it up? Something we can use as a guide?

No sketches or anything, yet. All in my head so far. I can do so, though.

But just as a thought, part of my inspiration for the wall-homes is the hobbit village from LOTR. Built into the wall, with grassy roofs and such. Also, I think, but I'm not sure, that I'd like the floor to be all dirt, and maybe be a gradual descent rather than the 90 degree angle. And maybe dirt walls? But that'll take a LOT of dirt. Maybe more than existed in the pit before it got dugged. So I dunno.

Also I love the mage tower thing near spawn, and I wouldn't hate this tower looking similar. Maybe not quite as irregular and random. A little more solidarity up the middle of the pit.

Also also, the concept is kinda like, homes on the walls, community areas in the middle. Bunch of big elaborate rooms for people to meet and chill. Kind of like the tree at spawn, but more Fancy Schmancy? I wish we could have stained-glass windows or something, that'd be super rad and along the lines of what I have in mind.

So yeah! I can try to draw up some more specific plans. U:

I discus with twig and draw a quick mspaint of the whatmaybe. maybe2.png

Each of the different types of structures there is meant to be added all around the thing on all sides, little houses in the walls continue all the way around except for at arms to the central building, which have the nicer wall buildings and kind of extended surface things. There are two sizes of floating structure rooms, stuff inside the main shaft, and paths and stairs going up and out between different arms and floating buildings and wider points midway through some arms. Twig should yell at me now and tell me this is wrong.

If you do start digging some more in the pit, I built a storage building fora ll the stuff that comes out of this mine. Would be cool if you all would drop off your stuff there when your inventory is full or you're done digging. That way we can reuse that material for the actual structure we're going to build.

I discus with twig and draw a quick mspaint of the whatmaybe.

[mspaint drawing here]

I am in love with this concept and am straight-up lifting parts of it for a project of mine on another server. Much smaller scale, though (that server has even less active players than this one).

Also I love the mage tower thing near spawn, and I wouldn't hate this tower looking similar. Maybe not quite as irregular and random. A little more solidarity up the middle of the pit.

It's pretty crazy that it was built almost entirely in the first week, and 100% legit.

i guess it was because i was using new.idlemc.com instead of game.idlemc.com

i guess it was because i was using new.idlemc.com instead of game.idlemc.com

Sorry about that, I forgot new.idlemc.com was a name I'd actually given people, and I removed it when I was cleaning up the other day while adding AAAA records for things. I'll re-add it.

I've switched to game.

This needs to be on a T-Shirt :tup:

Yay!

I've been digging a grid to make digging more exciting. ;_;

[media=]

[/media]

Anybody feel up for a team run on this server?

hcsmp.com permaban on death.

So yeah! I can try to draw up some more specific plans. U:

Hey! It's totally symmetrical and thus NOT AT ALL RANDOM oh who am I kidding every five stories the entire pattern shifts, symmetry or no. Matter of fact, I intended to make it a crazy skysprawling random-jutting pile o' chaos architecture, but my OCB kicked me inna nertz and it ended up all same-sided and evenly divisible.

It's pretty crazy that it was built almost entirely in the first week, and 100% legit.

I ended up flying once roofs and making the undersides of things got involved, sadly. But other than that, totally all-natural grass-fed lean legit-building in a frenzy of clicking and mining (with massive stone donations from the TwigPit)! Got to go back and finish furnishing its guts someday...

I don't have much of an excuse for going awol so hardcore for so long beyond Diablo 3 and wilfulness, but at least for the last two weeks it was because my computer ate its own skull. I shall attempt to come back and do stuff like digging that enormous pit.

[media=]

[/media]

Anybody feel up for a team run on this server?

hcsmp.com permaban on death.

So a no rules HCSMP server eh?

Worth a shot if we can get a small posse going.

I dunno if I could ever do such a thing since multiplayer monsters are so annoyingly laggy. I wish they weren't, because otherwise I'd love to try.

I dunno if I could ever do such a thing since multiplayer monsters are so annoyingly laggy. I wish they weren't, because otherwise I'd love to try.

It's not the monsters you need to worry about, they are predictable. It's the other players you need to be worried about.

Well they're the same thing. Combat in general is way too laggy. Netcode in Minecraft is awful. In SP I can kill monsters without ever getting hit with a sword. In multiplayer, if I wait until they're in range for a sword swing, they attack me at the same time every time. If I try to swing ahead of time... they take no damage and I get hit anyway.

That looks hardcore. It's not perma death, you are only banned for 1 month after you die.