MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

The binary one is the second last sign. Sadly the last sign is just within the view distance when you set it to max :/

How long did it take you to figure out the signs? I have no idea on how difficult I made it.

I took me around 10 to 15 minutes but then again I've played my fair share of ARGs, both online and offline ones.

When you say second last sign, you mean the last task and that the last sign is the one i screenshoted right? If thats the case then I really dont see how the second last one makes sense. I got numbers that are close within a +- range of 50 squares or something and just happned to see the floating block thanks to playing with Far render mode always on.

I took me around 10 to 15 minutes but then again I've played my fair share of ARGs, both online and offline ones.

When you say second last sign, you mean the last task and that the last sign is the one i screenshoted right? If thats the case then I really dont see how the second last one makes sense. I got numbers that are close within a +- range of 50 squares or something and just happned to see the floating block thanks to playing with Far render mode always on.

Hmm.. 15 minutes is a bit short.

iirc you should get the numbers 170, 0 and 85. Those numbers should be added to the 72,254,72 you are at that point to get the location of the final sign.

Hmm.. 15 minutes is a bit short.

iirc you should get the numbers 170, 0 and 85. Those numbers should be added to the 72,254,72 you are at that point to get the location of the final sign.

Those are the numbers I got but I didnt use additon with the current coordinates because that hadn't been done before and there was no hint or clue that this was the way to go. Other than that it was a very fun little game.

Those are the numbers I got but I didnt use additon with the current coordinates because that hadn't been done before and there was no hint or clue that this was the way to go. Other than that it was a very fun little game.

Yeah, I was hoping people would be confused by that and that they would get lost for a bit before putting 1 and 1 together. But now I realize that it didn't work because you would get close enough to the sign by going to the wrong coordinates.

Guess what you get for creating a puzzle backwards :/

I doubt ender chests will be a problem... just don't leave stuff in it if you dont need to. It's not storage, its a way to move stuff around.

Also... Elmuerte's riddle.

So I done gone messed it up. I made it to the 4th sign (the binary one). Since Y was 0, and it's impossible to reach Y 0, I figured it might mean unchanged, or something like that. Flew to the coords only to find another floating signpost not to far away... and it's the last one (on a pumpkin). Well shit. Flew back to my last legit sign post (binary like numbers), they are not coordinates since Y 0 isn't legit, but can't figure it out. Been staring at it for a while... totally over thinking it now. Might have to come back to it later.

What's going to be our policy on Enderchests? Seems like they could get crowded quick.

Also this:

http://imgur.com/a/AIhOv

That's awesome to quickly transport stuff to somebody else. So, they shouldn't be used as storage, but as a delivery system.

I moved the final sign, and updated the last puzzle (

the binary one

). so the end point is no longer in plain sight.

So we've run some villagers through to the town square and set up some breeding space. Unfortunately we needed some room for a breeding center and had to sacrifice Murdoc's plot (sorry). Twig, we've run the track through your circle, but it was a one time use thing, so feel free to destroy it if we don't clean it up before you get around to that section.

They seem to have got stuck in my basement, so i made a route for them to pathfind a bit better and they have returned to the surface.

They seem to have got stuck in my basement, so i made a route for them to pathfind a bit better and they have returned to the surface.

Last time I checked about 9 of them were stuck inside the nether portal glass dome on the town square side opposite of the entrance. I have no clue how they get in there in the first place, but they wanted out. I made a tunnel leading back to the town square, and they flooded through it. They have since returned to their usual slamming of doors, and occasional breeding.

If they keep doing that, we may have to do some population control and leave them in a fenced in area.

If they keep doing that, we may have to do some population control and leave them in a fenced in area.

Killing the ones who stray isn't that big a deal. The ones remaining in town will repopulate.

Are you guys still talking about "villagers"? If so this conversation is super creepy.

Yes they are, and how is the conversation creepy? I think the villagers are even more creepy.

Also, why don't the villagers turn into zombies when bit by zombies?

Also, why don't the villagers turn into zombies when bit by zombies?

That's why villager conservation is so important. Something about their physiology makes them immune to the zombie plague.

They are our only hope against the zombie epidemic. With time, we will someday derive a cure from their unique genetic makeup.

Only when this cure is found, will we be able to burn them all in a fire without forsaking ourselves at the same time.

Oh and the zombies are supposed to be dead players, which is why they look like the default "Steve" skin.

Oh and the zombies are supposed to be dead players, which is why they look like the default "Steve" skin.

Woah, zombie spawn rates being influenced by player deaths would be really cool.

Woah, zombie spawn rates being influenced by player deaths would be really cool.

Yes!

lol zombie players with your skin would be epic. But make it pretty difficult to reclaim your loot.

Villagers do however have an effect on zombie spawn rates. There was a recent full blown zombie invasion in the town square. We need to keep tracking down dark spots, though the iron golems should be able to take care of most of them.

Hey Twig, have you checked your pit lately? I think me and tabacco have been digging in shifts or something and it's going quite fast.

Hey Twig, have you checked your pit lately? I think me and tabacco have been digging in shifts or something and it's going quite fast.

It looks amazing!

The pit is coming along nicely. /confirmed Tabacco is always in there working like a machine.

Makes me wonder, aside from making a giant hole (which is awesome on it's own), what is the end goal.

Cho was talking about possibly starting a large scale castle project, probably made of sandstone.

One thing I'm not a fan of is the destruction of every desert biome within 5 minutes of spawn.

So I've built a sand block duplicator for players to use instead of further damaging surrounding desert biomes.

Sand & Glassworks - located accross the street from the spawn tree.

Phase 1 - Area cleared/leveled. Complete.

Phase 2 - Build fast gravity block duplicator (works for sand & gravel). Complete. Feel free to use it.

Phase 3 - Build a cool building around it. Made of sandstone, and glass. Obviously. I'm thinking about it.

Preview

sandworks.png

Be very careful with that sand generator. Until blocks start auto grouping on the ground it's going to lag the server like crazy if unattended. Atebit, what do you think about using a dispenser + wooden pressure plate failsafe so that it auto terminates after 5 mins?

The pit is coming along nicely. /confirmed Tabacco is always in there working like a machine.

Makes me wonder, aside from making a giant hole (which is awesome on it's own), what is the end goal

Twig and I had a plan at the beginning and then realized oh god twig made it too giant.