MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

Well recording is easy enough, but the actual build planning is hard.

Plan: help Twig dig his pit!

U;

Well recording is easy enough, but the actual build planning is hard.

Yeah, I know. Even harder when there's rarely anyone on the server right now. But this might interest people! I'm up for the challenge :D

Maybe you should first finish the stuff you are working on instead of creating another half finished project :P

Maybe you should first finish the stuff you are working on instead of creating another half finished project :P

Gotcha :tup:

There already are quite a few large builds in progress.

Some more finished than others... maybe somebody could use some help.

Though it's likely most people are making it up as they go. So it would be hard to split the job.

That said, if the server isn't resetting any time soon, I'd be up for another large build.

Do you have something in mind?

There already are quite a few large builds in progress.

Some more finished than others... maybe somebody could use some help.

Though it's likely most people are making it up as they go. So it would be hard to split the job.

That said, if the server isn't resetting any time soon, I'd be up for another large build.

Do you have something in mind?

A big castle. Erect a giant creeper statue in the courtyard.

What kind of castle? Got something specific in mind?

another castle?

I had the same thought initially, but I do believe it is something every Minecraft player needs to get out of their system.

It is as if people can't see the innumerable build possibilities hidden behind the mighty ramparts of their dream castle.

And we should give him the benefit of doubt. Maybe he has a really cool idea for a castle.

another castle?

I was never there for y's so I missed out on alot.

What kind of castle? Got something specific in mind?

I want to say big, but I don't know when Tabacco will re-roll or if he's just going to move spawn point somewhere else. So this is just a maybe if you all want in on this. I'm not good at castle designs but if you have anything on your mind, post away, let us know. And when I say big, I mean bigger than y's.

I had the same thought initially, but I do believe it is something every Minecraft player needs to get out of their system.

It is as if people can't see the innumerable build possibilities hidden behind the mighty ramparts of their dream castle.

And we should give him the benefit of doubt. Maybe he has a really cool idea for a castle.

Crap, you posted before I did. My bad! But if you're not down with a castle (that was just a thought) we can definitely build another building. I'm up for any suggestions!

I want to say big, but I don't know when Tabacco will re-roll or if he's just going to move spawn point somewhere else. So this is just a maybe if you all want in on this. I'm not good at castle designs but if you have anything on your mind, post away, let us know. And when I say big, I mean bigger than y's.

Nothing is happening, there's no need to treat me as a looming threat.

Apologies if it sounds like that. :frown:

Then explain to me why when I read your posts it sounds like rolling thunder in my head.

As for the castle. I don't mind making a castle. I'm more into it for the co-op build experience.

As for ideas, I'd like to put out the following ideas... floating (start at cloud layer, no silly land mass underneath), lots of spires, asymmetric with some interesting play with verticality, and most importantly modular so when interest wanes we end up with one unfinished structure among other finished pieces, instead of a giant unfinished project.

Legend has it, one day Tabacco will return to these humble lands, and rain his smite down upon the earth itself, shifting eras as well as the world.

Ok, so next patch is villager centric, so maybe we should work together on fixing our villager problem. We need to get them from the far village over to a closer center. And maybe I'll siphon off a few dozen to start iron production.

All you need is two, and just breed the shit out of them. The villager kids spawn as a random type, so you don't need to get one of each type to get all the trading options. So don't kill yourself trying to haul a bunch cross country. Plus you can haul off the extras to the iron farm.

​factory farmed villagers? That's totes inauthentic.

All you need is two, and just breed the shit out of them. The villager kids spawn as a random type, so you don't need to get one of each type to get all the trading options. So don't kill yourself trying to haul a bunch cross country. Plus you can haul off the extras to the iron farm.

Yeah, but we still need to move at least 2 of them all the way from the east. It should be a simple as building a bunch of pillars and then placing and removing doors to chain them along. We won't need any track. But I've scouted it out, and it's not a fun trek.

I made a little quest on the server. It starts on the bottom floor of spawn (behind the dragon egg). It's a series of riddles on signs, and could be quite difficult.

1zyvdia.png

(note, you can post clues/answers here if you like, but use spoiler tags)

Is it repeatable or is Gditz the winner forever?

I might have just stumbled upon the sign because the binary one got me close, but still a bit away. Have I missed anythng?

The binary one is the second last sign. Sadly the last sign is just within the view distance when you set it to max :/

How long did it take you to figure out the signs? I have no idea on how difficult I made it.

Is it repeatable or is Gditz the winner forever?

It's just a series of signs. So it's repeatable.