MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

I don't like it. I don't really like plans like that, I prefer more organic constructions.

I like the idea of thematic builds, like a sky city, or a rapture-esque underwater area, where anyone can contribute. If it's not divided into plots, but rather just added onto naturally, it can still look like an actual city without needing a large amount of people building.

Not many people have to contribute to that idea. I mean, it's not like we can force you to build something you don't want to build.

Can I request some bigger and smaller plots? It'd be awesome to build the Idle Thumbs Downtown District and have some big buildings with smaller buildings occasionally sandwiched between. Also: any chance of using grey wool instead of black for the road? :)

I don't like using wool to build stuff with :( I want stone & wood and other real construction materials!

Can I request some bigger and smaller plots? It'd be awesome to build the Idle Thumbs Downtown District and have some big buildings with smaller buildings occasionally sandwiched between. Also: any chance of using grey wool instead of black for the road? :)

Hmm, I really like this idea. But will this plan go ahead on land/Sky/overwater? Whatever option we choose, we can do the others later. No biggy.

I'll perform a testing of some different materials and will post the results shortly. Regarding plot size anything is possible long as you dont build on the road. each area doesnt HAVE to be 13x13, they can be reduced, shared and one person can use up 4 13x13 ones and thus get a bigger plot. But then we prolly want to make separate living and building areas, sort of like we have now with the thumbs village

UPDATE:

ThumbsTownChosenMaterial.png

The regular stone and gray wool make a nice compliment and stone would be easier to get a hold of in large quantiaties.

Tabacco: wool is for fluffy stuff, not for making buildings with. Unless we're doing outside carpeting or something...

Oh another question that popped into my head, just right now: How are we going to account for terrain? Ae the plots going to follow the contours? I do hope so, since that gives it a more interesting look.

And speaking of a cool uniform build:

[media=]

[/media]

I really haven't looked into it, but I imagine the FyreUK guys spend quite a bit of time pre-planning their big timelapse builds. I like how they are always building just in front of the camera as it pans around. Crazy.

Looks like someone started a similar project on the Reddit creative server. Not a lot there yet, but it seems like a nice example:

http://nerd.nu/maps/...1.0640625059602

Woh, that is an amazing map. I don't know why I'm so impressed with the isometric perspective but I am. Is that an option for the thumb map?

Incidentally that server also has some insane stuff on it. But I'd expect that from reddit.

Woh, that is an amazing map. I don't know why I'm so impressed with the isometric perspective but I am. Is that an option for the thumb map?

It is ... mouse over to the right side edge of your browser for the options to slide into view.

Select the green cube near the top under "thumbs" for isometric view.

Sadly my monstrosity blocks the view of the town square project.

Wow there are tons of structures that I never noticed before on the normal map as they were made from one material. It's like seeing the matrix for the first time.

Anyone else think building a city in a mountain region might be fun as well (or near the base of a mountain or something)? http://game.idlemc.c...2.5237679169193 Lots of potential for terraces, tunnels, stairs, etc. Maybe also Jeff Goldblum as a Mount Rushmore thing.

Wow there are tons of structures that I never noticed before on the normal map as they were made from one material. It's like seeing the matrix for the first time.

Even cooler when you see it from a first person perspective.

Just log in already. :P

Fyre put out another timelapse. This time it is a City of Mages the Wizzzaaaard.

[media=]

[/media]

I've managed to amass more than enough slimeballs and I don't want it to go to waste. If you want half or a full stack just give me PM, post here or hit me up in-game. I've also installed an automatical farm for pumpkins and melons in my Mein Cellar located beneath my plot. Feel free to harvest from either fields.

Those time lapse videos are always awesome. It's amazing how they all work together so perfectly. How do they draw up the plans for this shit? Nuts.

Fyre put out another timelapse. This time it is a City of Mages the Wizzzaaaard.

[media=]

[/media]

My god... We need should do something like this. Team effort stuff :D

My god... We need should do something like this. Team effort stuff :D

Well recording is easy enough, but the actual build planning is hard.