MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

To the person (I forgot who) who claimed the latest housing plot: I accidentally destroyed your sign while removing the 'UNCLAIMED' one. The area is still yours!

Prolly me! It's all good. I shall resume construction of my hobbitly hole at some point.

I have just played around with the Minecraft Pocket version, especially now with tablet and bigger screen it's much more comfortable to control and play.

I guess mobile and PC versions don't work together, at least yet? Would be fun to visit idlemc to really see what you guys have been building.

Now, this is security:

33e64xs.png

The zombie couldn't enter the house.

are the villagers alright?

Upon further inspection it looks like it was a chunk glitch.. the house is actually intact.

As for texture packs... what I'm using is my own "clean" or "simple" style 16x pack. Link bellow for the adventurous types.

>> "MOSAiC 0.5Thumb" No mods required, just drop the zip file into the texture pack sub-folder.

Note: This is a newer version than the one I posted in the Pheadrus Hole. I've since removed the picture of Jeff Goldblum laughing (he loves a good pumpkin on head joke) from inside the pumpkin (restored my old pumpkin face, and overlay). I'm not sure why.

Disclaimer: It's functional, but it's a work in progress (AKA I fiddle with it now and then). Most of the terrain has been revised, a bunch of it not really finished, or just plain experimental (stripes on trees and ice). Armour is also changed, leather is an aviator set (made for a friend who is nuts for the zeppelin mod), iron and gold needs some love (but at least its not the default), diamond is the closest to "finished" (even if it is a bit futuristic for some people). I've also started on the items, still trying to nail down an overall style. Maybe a dozen or so are redone, in what looks like totally random order. Now that I think of it I haven't even done all the tools (axe and hoe are default still). Also been messing around with UI windows.. Inventory, Chests, Crafting tables are grey-scale examples of my latest attempt, everything else is still default. If you give it a test drive, let me know what you think.. All comments, and/or criticism welcome (so PM me if you got any).

After running a few experiments, I've got a solid build for a passive mob flush trap, but I think it's probably not worth the time/materials/lag.

I've got a good plan for an iron farm, but tracking the NPCs from the far village seems like too much. I really wish somebody hadn't committed genocide to the south.

The only other thing I can think might be worth doing is a slime farm, as we're drastically short on slimes, but unless someone knows the location of a slime chunk we'll need to get the server's seed to find one with external tools.

After running a few experiments, I've got a solid build for a passive mob flush trap, but I think it's probably not worth the time/materials/lag.

I've got a good plan for an iron farm, but tracking the NPCs from the far village seems like too much. I really wish somebody hadn't committed genocide to the south.

The only other thing I can think might be worth doing is a slime farm, as we're drastically short on slimes, but unless someone knows the location of a slime chunk we'll need to get the server's seed to find one with external tools.

Looking at the map and looks like at least 2 new villages have been found. They are out there if you want them.

Somebody (I think Erwin) was complaining about his mine being overrun with slimes. So maybe you can turn his mine into a farm.

While I was trying to level the southern city to a certain height, all the villagers were just gone when I looked up after an hour of work. Pissed me the hell off.

This weekend I found like 5 villages, but I'm not sure where they are.

Tracking was a poor choice of words. What I meant was moving them over to town from the far villages using minecart tracks. Though in reality I'd probably use a series of fake houses to move them instead. It seems to be a lot faster.

crap... lost my whole inventory when a spider jumped me from behind near my SimHouse and pushed me down the inferno. Everything is gone :/

Anyone ever wonder if maybe the spiders are farming us?

:spiraldy:

crap... lost my whole inventory when a spider jumped me from behind near my SimHouse and pushed me down the inferno. Everything is gone :/

I accidentally threw an ender pearl once when trying to open a chest and it teleported me inside a wall and I suffocated and the items were never to be seen again. D:

Could I get whitelisted for the server? My account name is MechaTofuPirate. Somehow I didn't notice there was a thumbs server until the progresscast.

I accidentally threw an ender pearl once when trying to open a chest and it teleported me inside a wall and I suffocated and the items were never to be seen again. D:

Ender Pearls.. so beautiful, so dangerous.

Somebody seems to have taken every single piece of wood I had. Which wouldn't have been so bad if I had enough wood to make another axe.

Okay I admit I lied about coming back to finish the hobbit hole soon, but at least half of that is because my obsessive compulsive behaviour and completionism are eating at me. I can't build new stuff while 3/4s of my tower is still unfurnished, and I've got a total block as to what to do about it!

The bottommost layer of the tower is done. I've got an enchanting table, an alchemy lab, storage space, furnaces, blah blah. The problem is the second layer (the first four-tower ring), which is basically as high as I can put anything I want to be practically available to me. One of these towers is now a gro-op for wheat, punkins, and mushmelons. The other three? NOT A DAMNED CLUE. Any suggestions for what practical doodads to cram into the three empty towers?

I had a look at the interactive map, and immediately thought "Welp, they've torn down my castle" then.. "Wait, no. it's there, it's just very, very, very, very tiny compared to everything else."

:violin:

I shouldn't even call it a castle, but damnit I smelted each and every brick wall of that, so I'm proud to call it home.

It's right next to the big tree of life, and it's tiny.

You mean "Jon's tiny castle thingy"? That's not tiny. Not as enormous as some of the other constructions, but it's not tiny.

Yes, that one! Well, thanks. It's not tiny, perhaps, but it pales in comparison to all that other stuff, especially when you look at the interactive map.

Whoever helped me finish the second roof of my twin buildings, thank you! Appreciate it!

Out of curiosity: Do people think we're getting to the point where a reset would be fun?

A reset has both perks ad setbacks. Getting enchanted items will be a lot more difficult, it would be easier to get plots near spawn and so on. I would probably keep playing either way long as other people keep populating the server.