MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

What are these mining practices you speak of? Any tips because I seem to only find the basics.

The diamonds only appear at very low levels and near lava (not 100% sure of that one). Most ores etc. are found more at low levels.

Also, i left you some presents in a chest in your amazing tree farm.

The safest and most efficient depth for diamond mining is Y = 12 (press f3). That's the height of lava pools so you're not likely to have it fall on your head and diamonds are relatively common there.

Ores only appear below a certain Y depth.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Ore

The important bit is that for redstone and diamond you want to be, as Purple said, below Y=12.

As for "advanced mining techniques", just do this.

| | | | |

---------

| | | | |

Dig a tunnel 3 tall, 1 wide and say 20-40 long. If nothing, move right/left three spaces, repeat.

It's efficient, but it tends to leave an obvious "efficiently-mined" look to the area which some find aesthetically displeasing. Therefore, please hang some drapes or something when you're done.

SO MUCH TO TELL YOU GUYS about:

I joined the server and took a stroll to take in the sights. So much stuff has been built since I last checked in, and I was looking forward to explore it all. I saw things you wouldn't believe; inside this great big tree there were what looked like little stations for carts with signs promising to take me to places far away! I pushed a little button but nothing in particular happened. I also saw a giant, advanced contraption with levers galore, and signs warning me not to operate them, also galore.

Alas! outside a magnificent glass pyramid I was accosted by a green man who attacked me. I had a sword and managed to kill him with it, but not without losing all but one of my many hearts. Hurt and hungry, I headed for a nearby town. What a pleasant neighborhood it was! I saw Pirate Poo's corner house and found out what secrets hid in the many dungeon floors beneath his at first glance inconspicuous abode (

none

) But then, as wet storm clouds gathered and a mighty tempest grew, alas! a spider appeared and came at me, hissing like a snake. I managed to duck inside a nearby door to avoid its poisonous fangs. Trapped, bleeding, and starved almost to death, I, a man of morals, found myself rummaging through the chests and containers of a stranger's house looking for something, anything to keep me alive. I found a loaf of bread, but I didn't find out how to eat it, and then I logged out.

The diamonds only appear at very low levels and near lava (not 100% sure of that one). Most ores etc. are found more at low levels.

Also, i left you some presents in a chest in your amazing tree farm.

Yeah I just found those today after cutting down the trees.

Thank you dibs, it is much appreciated!

Toblix, you passed by the community farm where you could have multiple things to eat. Right at the base of the tree.

(next time you're holding a loaf of bread, try clicking with your right mouse button)

If anybody finds the dragon egg either piston it or let me know where it is so i can place it back in the tree.

SO MUCH TO TELL YOU GUYS about:

I joined the server and took a stroll to take in the sights. So much stuff has been built since I last checked in, and I was looking forward to explore it all. I saw things you wouldn't believe; inside this great big tree there were what looked like little stations for carts with signs promising to take me to places far away! I pushed a little button but nothing in particular happened. I also saw a giant, advanced contraption with levers galore, and signs warning me not to operate them, also galore.

Alas! outside a magnificent glass pyramid I was accosted by a green man who attacked me. I had a sword and managed to kill him with it, but not without losing all but one of my many hearts. Hurt and hungry, I headed for a nearby town. What a pleasant neighborhood it was! I saw Pirate Poo's corner house and found out what secrets hid in the many dungeon floors beneath his at first glance inconspicuous abode (

none

) But then, as wet storm clouds gathered and a mighty tempest grew, alas! a spider appeared and came at me, hissing like a snake. I managed to duck inside a nearby door to avoid its poisonous fangs. Trapped, bleeding, and starved almost to death, I, a man of morals, found myself rummaging through the chests and containers of a stranger's house looking for something, anything to keep me alive. I found a loaf of bread, but I didn't find out how to eat it, and then I logged out.

I feel like I'm reading an account of an old timey explorer's expedition to some far flung land.

Nice. My ride stopped right before the "art" sign though, had to walk a little.

I've tried a couple, but I always go back to vanilla

What's a nice texture pack?

I jump around all the time, but I do keep going back to Jolicraft. It's quite whimsical, and a bit cleaner than vanilla. I'm not a fan of how dirty the vanilla texture pack looks.

What's a nice texture pack?

I use one that looks like the original, but redrawn at a slightly higher resolution so that it's easier on the eyes. While some of the other packs are beautiful, I don't want to re-familiarize myself with a new style that changes up the look too much.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/72747-faithful-32x32-pack-updatewood-mods-125/

Cheers. I used Bordercraft, which was nice apart from the inventory graphics. I haven't played Minecraft for ages so I have old version and I couldn't be bothered to look for a new one.

I connected the idletown central station to the spawn tree subway system today :tup: The central hall still needs some more benches. But it's got it's own newsstand now thanks to Thompson. Got some Idletown gossip? Place a sign and let the world know! If your house is facing the square, please watch out for the subway tunnels when you dig down.

Oh and feel free to dig the other 3 tunnels: East to twig's folly, West to The automated farm and North to I don't know where yet.

There are also a few plots free along the road next to the homebarrel that are waiting for a new builder/owner.

Since I'll be off to Front trends in Warsaw, Poland I won't be around until Sunday at the earliest. So please try not to blow everything up while I'm gone! :)

I use http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/94020-x16-shortstuf7s-clean-design-pack-v23-full-mc-v12x-support/ and am pretty happy with it. Nice and clean, which I appreciate.

I've just realised that people might be building designs that look far different on their computers than they do on mine.

Almost tempted to randomise the block skins and make something to see what it ends up like^^

To the person (I forgot who) who claimed the latest housing plot: I accidentally destroyed your sign while removing the 'UNCLAIMED' one. The area is still yours!