MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

Whenever anyone's got nothing to do, they should go dig my pit a bit deeper. The borders are pretty clear at this point. DO IT. U:

I will keep that in mind the next time I require materials for the furnishing of my fabulous ultratower.

That reminds me: the place's gross superstructure is just about done! Just need to rig the staircases and such on the fourth level, then find eleventeen million tonnes of glass.

And I managed to remove the signs. Don't know if it was lag or what.

I've never been able to grow a tree, so is it sad if I'm impressed that a tree grew on your plot dibs?

I'm playing Minecraft basically for the first time today. After feeling super intimidated by all the amazing structures you guys have built, I started work on a shitty house neighboring what appears to be the giant monkey head from Monkey Island and StarmanDeluxe's Brickhaus.

I might have squatted the Brickhaus for the first couple of nights. :fart:

Oh cool, that was you? I'm glad someone found my tiny hut useful! Also, sorry I had to bail in the middle of road-building. I'll finish the path to your house tonight.

I'm loving the server so far and I hope folks continue to build amazing stuff. :tup:

I've destroyed all grass blocks in my pit. No longer will grass grow. No longer will I be plagued by the slower-to-dig blocks from hell.

Yay.

oh god i still have like a million layers to go

I found 2 mob spawners in the mine below my house, rigged them up to allow you to easily kill the zombies and harvest the XP.

Need to create a fence around my house, those zombies bashing on the door are really loud

Are there no more empty plots in the thumb village?

(SAD FACE.)

Oops. Ended up playing Minecraft for a full day, and then another half day. I guess I'm hooked.

The house with the ship outside was the first thing I made. I then built a second house near Thumb square. I'm really enjoying the small scale decorating (e.g. building that little aquaduct) but maybe I'll go for something bigger next.

post-3-1337560357767_thumb.png

post-3-13375603578216_thumb.png

(SAD FACE.)

It'd be cool to expand into the area behind thompsons' plot, so that the village grows around the Homebarrel grounds. Was thinking of constructing some stuff along the river there too.

(SAD FACE.)

Just pick a 9x9 plot somewhere along the road towards the square. I'll mark out some plots.

I've destroyed all grass blocks in my pit. No longer will grass grow. No longer will I be plagued by the slower-to-dig blocks from hell.

Yay.

oh god i still have like a million layers to go

You missed a spot on the wall :D I got rid of the new infestation for you and cleared the edges, so THAT shouldn't happen again.

Also, the cobblestone fairy visited me once more. Thank you, cobblestone fairy!

You missed a spot on the wall :D I got rid of the new infestation for you and cleared the edges, so THAT shouldn't happen again.

Also, the cobblestone fairy visited me once more. Thank you, cobblestone fairy!

Thanks! :D

I've built a new house, to the east above my insanity pit. In the basement is a bunch of dirt and cobblestone, if anyone wants it! Just don't take all the cobblestone, as that's what I use to make my tools for the most part. U:

Depending on who you ask, I either faced or defaced the town square today:

BGZeI.jpg

The server is expanding and evolving so fast I can barely keep up. Time for me to create a shame cave.

So, is everybody gearing up using the commands? Because I see a lot of people with pretty expensive gear.

So far I've been playing almost pure survival. I've only used fly to get back to the main area to check stuff out.

I think at this point people are playing the way they want to. I haven't given up my spawn commands and would really rather not, simply because Minecraft as a game holds no interest for me any more. If creative mode hadn't come along late last year to simply allow me to build megastructures all day, I'd have stopped playing by now. Minecraft as an institution is what keeps my interest. I believe Doug feels the same way.

As for super-powerful equipment, I gave Thompson a set of diamond tools for his enormous help on the tree, and one night when everyone was dying a ton I passed out diamond swords to... 6? people. Everything else is legitimately created to my knowledge. Diamonds really aren't terribly hard to find with certain mining practices.

enchanting you say... must look into that, I haven't found any diamonds yet :/

As for super-powerful equipment, I gave Thompson a set of diamond tools for his enormous help on the tree, and one night when everyone was dying a ton I passed out diamond swords to... 6? people. Everything else is legitimately created to my knowledge. Diamonds really aren't terribly hard to find with certain mining practices.

For the record: I have since gone through 2 sets of legitimate diamond tools.